Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

2012 New Question!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,565 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:47 AM

i just saw that movie 2012.. and came to realizing, will there be events that will lead up to 12-21-12.. if it happens.. or is it supposed to just blind side us?

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

#2    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:56 PM

Considering it's ALL just guesswork and speculation based on misinformation, incorrect translation and mass media fueled hype, your guess is as good as anyone elses.

I just saw Terminator Salvation. My question is, will there be events that lead up to the self aware singularity that wipes out humanity with nuclear devastation or will it just blindside us? :P

Just a movie thar bud.

#3    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:11 AM

View PostLucidElement, on 14 November 2009 - 09:47 AM, said:

i just saw that movie 2012.. and came to realizing, will there be events that will lead up to 12-21-12.. if it happens.. or is it supposed to just blind side us?

It is going to blind side us.  We are all going to be caught with our pants down.   :rolleyes:

That day will probably pass just like any other, except for a little hysteria like the y2k bug.

#4    Marby

Marby

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:28 PM

Seems like anything that happens before said date is going to be taken as a lead up or omen or whatever by those that believe that something will happen at all. BurnSide mentioned that all of this is based on misinformation, speculation, mass media hype, and incorrect translation and he's absolutely right. So, pretty much, it's going to become what believers want or hope it to be. If there is a natural disaster at any point before Dec. 12, 2012 or the president wears a certain color tie, people will jump on it and say it's a sign.

There is no lead up to anything, or anything to blindside anyone with in regard to this 2012 hysteria. Just because one part of a calendar developed by a civilization that couldn't even predict their own downfall ends, doesn't mean that anything is going to happen.

#5    A7X Vampyre 6661

A7X Vampyre 6661

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

• And when I can, I'm gonna build a castle that touches the clouds, NOT to get closer to God, but to get further from ya'll.

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:19 PM

nothing is going to happen. just like y2k. just like may 5, 1999, or any other prophecies of world destruction. i think it's so funny that mankind thinks they can predict earthquakes and stuff like the end of the world. the world is unpredictable. you can't tell whats going to happen and when. you know it will one day, but im pretty sure we won't see it in our lifetime or our children's lifetime or our grandchildren's lifetime, considering since the sun still has a few millions years left in it's own life span. sorry im a huge skeptic. my father and brother are scientists.

We held hands on the last night on earth.  Our mouths filled with dust, we kissed in the fields and under trees, screaming like dogs, bleeding dark into the leaves.  It was empty on the edge of town but we knew everyone floated along the bottom of the river.  So we walked through the waste where the road curved into the sea and the shattered seasons lay, and the bitter smell of burning was on you like a disease.  In our cancer of passion you said,

"Death is a midnight runner."

#6    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:04 AM

*sigh*

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#7    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:20 AM

All depends on how hard you really want to believe all the 2012 nonsense. If you really really really really really really really really really want to believe it, I suppose that even a hard boiled egg could be a sign.

I mean it's not because Hollywood has made a movie about it, that it is the absolute truth. If that were the case, where the hell is my moon sized battlestation?

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users