Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Report shows UN admitting solar activity may

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,424 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

The Earth has been getting warmer -- but how much of that heat is due to greenhouse gas emissions and how much is due to natural causes

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2JhmEOWJc

I guess we always knew this when  solar flares are more active,it causes the cord of the earth to heat up. The heating is with in the earth, more volcano eruptions, ect.

#2    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

• interfacing transdimentional inverse mobius feed back loop

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

there  is  a relationship  between  cultivation  of  crops  and genaral  heating  of  the  earth .
crops  take  carbon dioxide  out  of  the  air  very  effectivly  and some bactria  at  ground level  produces  ozone which  kills  other  bactria .
the   over  all  take  away  is...  if  you  stand  in  a  feild ,  its  quite  hot ...  if  your  in  a glider ...  you look  for  parking  lots  and  crops   to  get  thermals   to  ride...  

with  the  amount  of   crop  production   in  current  cultivation ,  i  would  suspect   heating  of  the  earth .

to  lower  the  tempature  ,  we  need  to  burn  forests  and  fire  up   gasoline  engines ...

the  largest  producer  of  oxygen  on  earth  is  the  top  15  feet  of  the  oceans ,  one  oil  spill   can  lower  the  oxygen  levels  ,  and  cause  a  raise  in  carbon dioxide  world  wide...  but  that  will  not  change  tempature   in  the  slightest .

most  weather  is  caused  by  sun  light  heating    ocean  plankton  that  is  found  in  between   44degrees   above  and  below  the  equator .   and  that  is  not  effected  in  the  slightest  by  volcano's ...   the  sun light  is  so  nearly   a perfect  constant  as  to  be  a fixed  amount  ,  leaving  only  magnetic  feild  changes  to  cause  random  changes  in   jet  stream  that  may  effect  short  term weather ...   long  term  weather  is  effected  more  by   salt  and  soil  suspended  in  the  top  15  feet  of  ocean  water  than  any  other  effect ...

#3    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,424 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

Parts of the Antarctic ice is expanding while other parts are melting, could be volcano activity under the Antarctic
Posted Image

Report: Antarctic Ice Growing, Not Shrinking | Fox News

#4    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,424 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

Volcano Deep Down Could Be Melting Greenland’s Ice

Read more: Volcano Deep Down Could Be Melting Greenland’s Ice | Medindia http://www.medindia....m#ixzz2Jhy1bQ19

#5    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

• interfacing transdimentional inverse mobius feed back loop

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:21 AM

this  may  not  be  a politicaly  correct  view...   but  any  part  can  be  independantly  shown  to  be  true ,  and  the  whole  can  be  shown  to  be  true historicaly for  those  who  have  an  open  mind .

it  is  not politicaly  correct  to  question   the  views  of  people  who  give  grant  money to  show  that  theirs  is  the  true  and  correct  view  of  how  things  are. so  i  will  keep  my  ideas  to  myself .

#6    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,424 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

Surprise! There’s an active volcano under Antarctic ice

It seems that we still don’t know everything there is to know about our earth-climate system. Take this for example. Scientists have just now discovered an active volcano under the Antarctic ice that “creates melt-water that lubricates the base of the ice sheet and increases the flow towards the sea”.
Yet many claim the CO2 is the driver for any melting of the Antarctic ice sheet. I wonder how this will figure into that argument?

Surprise! There’s an active volcano under Antarctic ice | Watts Up With That?

I realize these reports are of years ago, but maybe that why the ices are melting.

#7    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:55 AM

I would have been more surprised if there wasnt an active volcano under the antarctic. But cool nonetheless.

#8    Doug1o29

Doug1o29

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,230 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 02 February 2013 - 02:37 AM, said:

The Earth has been getting warmer -- but how much of that heat is due to greenhouse gas emissions and how much is due to natural causes
The answer to that question can be determined by a simple regression process.  Just compile a list of global temperature anomalies (That's the "Y" value, or dependent variable, and match it up with measurements of CO2 levels and measures of the natural causes, like sunspot counts, or measures of solar X-rays, etc.  Those are the "X" values, or indepedent variables.  Then use regression statistics to create a mathematical model that predicts temperature using the X-variables as inputs.

In fact, this has been done - many times.  That's how we know that CO2 is the culprit.
Doug

If I have seen farther than other men, it is because I stood on the shoulders of giants. --Bernard de Chartres
The beginning of knowledge is the realization that one doesn't and cannot know everything.
Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance. --Hippocrates
Ignorance is not an opinion. --Adam Scott

#9    Doug1o29

Doug1o29

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,230 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 02 February 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

I'm glad to hear that Mr. Watts has finally heard of Mounts Erebus and Terror.  They were discovered on January 27, 1841 by Sir James Clark Ross who named them after his ships.  Some people are a little slow getting the word.

Volcanic activity affects weather and even has an affect on climate.  That's not exactly new, either.  The storms that devastated the American livestock industry in 1886/1887 were due to cooling induced by sulfur aerosols released by Krakatoa in 1883.  The Fimbul Winter of 535-537 AD was the result of a massive volcanic eruption in South America.  The eruption of Toba about 73,000 YBP triggered a six-year volcanic winter, a thousand-year cold snap and the Tahoe stage of the Wisconsinan Ice Age.  And 1815, the "Year Without a Summer" was triggered by the eruption of Tamboura.  A succession of volcanic eruptions ended the Medieval Warm Period, pushing the planet into the Little Ice Age, an event that was enhanced by the Maunder Minimum, a low in solar activity.

1815, 1886 and 1980 (Saint Helens) all show up in the rings of Arkansas shortleaf pines.  I have developed an "ice storm signature," a pattern in tree rings that identifies ice storms.  It might also be possible to develop a "volcano signature."  Then their effects could be precisely calculated and compensated when studying the ups and downs of past climates.

These things are known and accounted for in climate science.  And after that accounting?  The world is still getting warmer.
Doug

P.S.:  the Fimbul Winter also shows up in tree ring records, as does a mysterious six-year disturbance that occurred in 2807-2801 BC and roughly corresponds with "Noah's Flood."
Doug

Edited by Doug1o29, 02 February 2013 - 06:33 PM.

If I have seen farther than other men, it is because I stood on the shoulders of giants. --Bernard de Chartres
The beginning of knowledge is the realization that one doesn't and cannot know everything.

#10    Doug1o29

Doug1o29

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,230 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 02 February 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

Indeed it is.  The colder conditions south of 75 degrees south are the result, in part, of CFC pollution of the atmosphere.  CFCs destroy ozone which along with CO2 and other greenhouse gases, helps keep the earth's heat from leaking into space.  The ozone hole over the southern hemisphere is cooler as a result, so Antarctica south of about 75 degrees south is also colder.

Without understanding what it was doing, Fox made the case for greater regulation and pollution control.
Doug

#11    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,424 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

I guess it proves global warming is from natural causes, a natural cycle, not just from man`s pollution.

Edited by docyabut2, 02 February 2013 - 07:48 PM.

#12    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,377 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 02 February 2013 - 02:37 AM, said:

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2JhmEOWJc

I guess we always knew this when  solar flares are more active,it causes the cord of the earth to heat up. The heating is with in the earth, more volcano eruptions, ect.

Good question you pose.  Does anybody really know?  I do not, at any rate. :cry:

#13    Doug1o29

Doug1o29

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,230 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 02 February 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

I guess it proves global warming is from natural causes, a natural cycle, not just from man`s pollution.
Climate is affected by both human and natural causes.  The natural ones, we can't do much about (Ever try to stop a volcano?).  But the man-caused ones, we can.  Those are the ones we need to work on.

View PostBabe Ruth, on 02 February 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

Good question you pose.  Does anybody really know?  I do not, at any rate. :cry:
There are several people who post regularly on this forum who do know because they have spent a good part of their careers studying climate.  There are also a number of people who post regularly on this forum who can't tell a good source from a BS source and do not engage their brains enough to tell the difference.  This is not a good place to learn about climate, because anybody can post here.  If you are ever going to separate the wheat from the chaff, you will have to study climate science for real from people whose expertise you can confirm.  It's really not that hard to do, but it does take a serious commitment to dig out the truth.  And you will never know unless you do.
Doug

#14    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,424 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

View PostDoug1o29, on 02 February 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

Climate is affected by both human and natural causes.  The natural ones, we can't do much about (Ever try to stop a volcano?).  But the man-caused ones, we can.  Those are the ones we need to work on.

There are several people who post regularly on this forum who do know because they have spent a good part of their careers studying climate.  There are also a number of people who post regularly on this forum who can't tell a good source from a BS source and do not engage their brains enough to tell the difference.  This is not a good place to learn about climate, because anybody can post here.  If you are ever going to separate the wheat from the chaff, you will have to study climate science for real from people whose expertise you can confirm.  It's really not that hard to do, but it does take a serious commitment to dig out the truth.  And you will never know unless you do.
Doug

Doug most of  these experts on global warming have been proven wrong:), sometimes it takes simple questions to figure it out. The CO2 levels were higher in the dino ages when man was even around, so how can one say its only man that causing global warming, allthough I agree man does add to the pollution  You know the experts stopped calling it Global Warming and now are calling it Climate Changes.

#15    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,163 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 03 February 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

Doug most of  these experts on global warming have been proven wrong:), sometimes it takes simple questions to figure it out. The CO2 levels were higher in the dino ages when man was even around, so how can one say its only man that causing global warming, allthough I agree man does add to the pollution  You know the experts stopped calling it Global Warming and now are calling it Climate Changes.
Temperatures in the Dino age were also much higher which would tend to support CO2 as a causative agent. Unfortunately it is nowhere near that simple since the continents were organised differently which had a massive effect on the planetary climate system.

The anthropocentric causes of climate change have been verified by multiple interlocking strands of evidence so it matters little if the actual details change as a consequence of continued research.

There will be a lot of wildly speculative mechanisms proposed which attempt to tie solar activity to current climate change, because that is all the skeptics have left at this stage.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users