Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

OOB Strange experiences

Rustaffa

Hello, My name is Rustam. This strange experiance happened to me twice already and this time I had the urge to ask about it. Pardon my english, I hope everything will be understandable.

I woke up early in this morning, drank my cup of coffee and smoked a cigarette. Today is my free day so I don't work today. I decided to go back to bed since i felt tired.

I was lying on my stomache with my head to the side. I had a weird dream (which I wont write about atleast right now since it's long and it doenst feel like theres any connection). When I woke up from the dream, I twisted my head to the other side (like from right to left, since I lay on my stomach), and closed my eyes again. This is when I started to feel a very strong bodily sensation. My body felt heavy, my heart beat got faster and stronger and my breathing became very heavy and had a vacuum-like sound in my ears. I tried to open my eyes and move and managed to. The sensations were gone.

Then again I twisted my head to the other side (my neck felt stretched, lying on the stomach is overall not so comfortable but still at the moment it felt good) and closed my eyes. Almost instantly the sensation was back, stronger and heavier, harder breathing and stronger vacuum or wind sound in my hears, and extreme heart beating (strong and fast ). This time tried to control my breathing, taking deep slow breaths. Again after few seconds I tried to move my body, but this time I didn't manage to. I felt like I was glued to myself (if it makes any sense). In another few seconds I suddenly felt like I was floating. I never had an OOB but I used to read a lot about it a few years ago so I was pretty much sure I was astral projecting (note: I was fully conscious).

The heart beating stopped, and I dont remember breathing but everything was pitch black. I felt like I can move my body freely but I was just stuck floating in place where everything is pitch black. I tried to float around, and managed to go forward. I coundn't see anything but I felt how I'm getting close to the walls of my room. Then I went to inside of the wall, and felt like I stopped there, like I was nowhere anymore. I tried to go back the to the same way I came from, trying to move like I'm swimming, but I still felt my velocity being the same direction, forward. I tried to understand what is going on, but I woke up after a few moments.

A similiar experiance happened to me weeks ago, the only difference was that I was stuck at the point where my body felt glued to itself. This time it felt like everything was a bit more fimiliar and I felt a bit more in control, hence I managed to progress more, to float and move, but still without any vision, pitch black.

If it was an OOB, why couldn't I see anything and all I heard was some windy vacuum?

Also, more than a year already, I meditate every night, aiming to achieve and OOB experience but with no success, and yet these two times, it was NOT intentional and was almost completely random (except one fact, I woke up and went back to sleep).

And again, when it all happened, it happened a few times consecutively, with a little more progress each time (I had the sensations a few times, that were interrupted by me trying to move, and still they came back even stronger AFTER I moved my body).

I have a few more thoughts to add, but I won't right now because it has a little bit to do with religion (which I don't believe in).

Any thoughts?

Edited by Rustaffa
  • Like 2

Hello, My name is Rustam. This strange experiance happened to me twice already and this time I had the urge to ask about it. Pardon my english, I hope everything will be understandable.

I woke up early in this morning, drank my cup of coffee and smoked a cigarette. Today is my free day so I don't work today. I decided to go back to bed since i felt tired.

I was lying on my stomache with my head to the side. I had a weird dream (which I wont write about atleast right now since it's long and it doenst feel like theres any connection). When I woke up from the dream, I twisted my head to the other side (like from right to left, since I lay on my stomach), and closed my eyes again. This is when I started to feel a very strong bodily sensation. My body felt heavy, my heart beat got faster and stronger and my breathing became very heavy and had a vacuum-like sound in my ears. I tried to open my eyes and move and managed to. The sensations were gone.

Then again I twisted my head to the other side (my neck felt stretched, lying on the stomach is overall not so comfortable but still at the moment it felt good) and closed my eyes. Almost instantly the sensation was back, stronger and heavier, harder breathing and stronger vacuum or wind sound in my hears, and extreme heart beating (strong and fast ). This time tried to control my breathing, taking deep slow breaths. Again after few seconds I tried to move my body, but this time I didn't manage to. I felt like I was glued to myself (if it makes any sense). In another few seconds I suddenly felt like I was floating. I never had an OOB but I used to read a lot about it a few years ago so I was pretty much sure I was astral projecting (note: I was fully conscious).

The heart beating stopped, and I dont remember breathing but everything was pitch black. I felt like I can move my body freely but I was just stuck floating in place where everything is pitch black. I tried to float around, and managed to go forward. I coundn't see anything but I felt how I'm getting close to the walls of my room. Then I went to inside of the wall, and felt like I stopped there, like I was nowhere anymore. I tried to go back the to the same way I came from, trying to move like I'm swimming, but I still felt my velocity being the same direction, forward. I tried to understand what is going on, but I woke up after a few moments.

A similiar experiance happened to me weeks ago, the only difference was that I was stuck at the point where my body felt glued to itself. This time it felt like everything was a bit more fimiliar and I felt a bit more in control, hence I managed to progress more, to float and move, but still without any vision, pitch black.

If it was an OOB, why couldn't I see anything and all I heard was some windy vacuum?

Also, more than a year already, I meditate every night, aiming to achieve and OOB experience but with no success, and yet these two times, it was NOT intentional and was almost completely random (except one fact, I woke up and went back to sleep).

And again, when it all happened, it happened a few times consecutively, with a little more progress each time (I had the sensations a few times, that were interrupted by me trying to move, and still they came back even stronger AFTER I moved my body).

I have a few more thoughts to add, but I won't right now because it has a little bit to do with religion (which I don't believe in).

Any thoughts?

definitely obe ... i used to mediate a lot and was able to induce obe's .i had same experience as you at first , first there was darkness . But the more i practiced the more i was able to do . like control speed or focus on certain things . i became sort of addicted after a while . At the same time i felt it was not a good thing to do so i left it alone .i became very very religious and i am glad these things dont happen anymore . i do however suffer from very traumatic Sleep P. So much to tell about this subject ...

Edited by Stonerose

definitely obe ... i used to mediate a lot and was able to induce obe's .i had same experience as you at first , first there was darkness . But the more i practiced the more i was able to do . like control speed or focus on certain things . i became sort of addicted after a while . At the same time i felt it was not a good thing to do so i left it alone .i became very very religious and i am glad these things dont happen anymore . i do however suffer from very traumatic Sleep P. So much to tell about this subject ...

I feel like I over complicated my post after reading your reply hehe :) Thanks for replying.

I'll be happy to read any more interesting thoughts on this subject.

I feel like I over complicated my post after reading your reply hehe :) Thanks for replying.

I'll be happy to read any more interesting thoughts on this subject.

i found your post very informative ... :yes:

Any thoughts?

Change your meditations to morning just after waking. In a relaxed prone losition. You will have better luck creating an OOB. ;)

• Like 1

Change your meditations to morning just after waking. In a relaxed prone losition. You will have better luck creating an OOB. ;)

OBE :P

I'll try but I have to think how should I do it since I wake up at 5:30am to work

• Like 1

I'll try but I have to think how should I do it since I wake up at 5:30am to work

Google Robert Monroe , hope that helps he has some great books and you can find videos on youtube

I can actually say this has happened a lot to me, usually when my mind is racing and won't allow me to fully fall asleep. My body will then feel very heavy , a feeling of constriction. I focus to move one hand and eventually I have it raised. Then I would sit up and could open my eyes. I would then slowly stand up after this.

I know though from experience I am still very much asleep at this point, even though what I was observing exact copy of my room.

After this I usually would phase/fly through the roof always attempting to reach my childhood home.

Edited by FTWind
  • Like 1

I can actually say this has happened a lot to me, usually when my mind is racing and won't allow me to fully fall asleep. My body will then feel very heavy , a feeling of constriction. I focus to move one hand and eventually I have it raised. Then I would sit up and could open my eyes. I would then slowly stand up after this.

I know though from experience I am still very much asleep at this point, even though what I was observing exact copy of my room.

After this I usually would phase/fly through the roof always attempting to reach my childhood home.

it always starts with some vibration same with me the heavy feeling and the air feels somehow thick dont know how to explain it . i hear loud bangs and then its like i get out in a spiral motion sort of way once i saw something attached to my navel like a long thin something when i looked at it i get sucked back into my body . but thank god it doesnt happen so much anymore as i find it spooky .

You could make some time on the weekends. Or try staying up very late one night you don't have to go to work the next day. Set your alarm to wake you up just after you might go to sleep, then do it one more time. On the third time start your meditations. Your mind will slip much quicker down the spectrum of conciousness and you May be able to hold you awarenss much easier.

• 3 weeks later...

As WCF points out early moring is good. BUT the real trick is to reach a light state of sleep You can help this by going to sleep earlier and making sure you almost have too much sleep. That will help you stop going into deep sleep

you can set an alarm for a bit earlier than usual, and then another to wake you just as you are going back into sleep from the first alarm. This will break up your sleep but it might train your mind to be more conscious while asleep.

Other things which will help are talking about your experiences and consciously visualising and planning them during the day.

You could also learn to incorporate reality testers into both your waking time and your dreams.

I suspect the darkness is a subconscious reaction. Try analysing consciously why your subconscious might be keeping you "in the dark " and see if you can talk your subconscious into letting you see while OBEing. There might be a part of your mind which is fearful of truly being free from your body even though you think that is what you want. Your subconscious does what it thinks is best for you but you can talk it around to do as your conscious mind wants.

ps each individuals experience is different Often people have the experience they think they should have form reading and they often develop habitual methods and experiences over time building step by step. (just as each individual learns to walk slightly differently).

i have been obeing since a few years old and for about 60 years

i just learned it naturally as a very young child. as soon as i learned how to fly (aged about 3 or so ) I have never had to meditate I have never had any resistance and i certainly haven't ever felt any vibrations.

i just send my consciousness out of my body as a floating presence. i see through non corporeal eyes everything around me and can feel all the normal sensations but i dont really have a body I use the superman or divers pose in my mind with hands extended and overlapped but that is a psychological ploy rather than a physical necessity . it takes energy and concentration to maintain the extension of consciousness and sometimes i rest on high building or treeotr power lines For some reason water and high voltage power lines weaken my abilty to travel. but i can go straight through solid walls or metres of rock.

When i was a teenager in the sixties and read some of the first literature on this, i experimented with mentally preparing my body before sleep by trying to create a sense of weightlessness starting in my toes and then up my body but that never really helped me.

Another trick is to use conscious visualisation as you fall asleep of an object or a portal which allows you to consciously transit from wakefulness to sleep. ie the portal/object is in your mind both while you are awake and still there when you fall asleep.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 2