Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Pascagoula case

• Please log in to reply
312 replies to this topic

#196    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,641 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 03 April 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

I'll try to ask again, but I don't suppose I'll be likely to get any sensible answer: how do these ISP locator things work, please?

simples. Every internet account is given an IP address, ie, the address of your pc/connected devices. Its a bit like your postcode/zipcode...

just click either of the 2 links below and read what info is available about you, right now, to anyone on the internet. (scroll down page for the info)

http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/

http://www.ip-tracker.org/

Likewise, you can enter someone else IP address and find their approx location

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#197    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

• 24,555 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

View Postseeder, on 03 April 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

simples. Every internet account is given an IP address, ie, the address of your pc/connected devices. Its a bit like your postcode/zipcode...

just click either of the 2 links below and read what info is available about you, right now, to anyone on the internet. (scroll down page for the info)

http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/

http://www.ip-tracker.org/

Likewise, you can enter someone else IP address and find their approx location
Well, it seems slightly nearer the mark this time. The first time I tried that second one, it suggested Yokohama, Japan, which was slightly off.

My IP Currency: Pound sterling (GBP)

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#198    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,641 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 03 April 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

Well, it seems slightly nearer the mark this time. The first time I tried that second one, it suggested Yokohama, Japan, which was slightly off.

My IP Currency: Pound sterling (GBP)

well while I don't want to derail someone else thread, yes they both give me slightly differing info, but maybe because thats a FREE service. Paid for services will no doubt offer up the landline number too, as thats linked to the IP, obviously perhaps - and full address with maybe even a name.

Im a debtor tracer by occupation, and I usually find a stack of info on people or companies with the net alone, but for more precise info, we pay for trace software  thats literally scary for the info it has on peeps. I once traced myself, (no I wasn't lost- just curios) and Im baffled how come so much info was there, and spot on, and quite worried that this kind of thing is available to pretty much anyone - who wants to pay. FYI as our software is company licensed I get to do searches for about £4 each, but then again, that may be company rates as we do it all day long.

Anyway, lets let the thread go back to the OP..

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#199    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:07 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 03 April 2013 - 06:58 AM, said:

Posted Image
?
Exactly, whos to say they obey the same laws as us. Just saying

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#200    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 28 March 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

Sorry, i haven't been following this thread, so it may be perfectly clear if only I'd been paying attention, but what does this mean exactly?

:unsure2:

Howdy Colonel

Is Colonel a promotion from Lord though? I did not think so? What's up there?

To clarify for you:

For me I agree with point one, but after that I still find the size of the craft not workable,

I cannot see a craft 8 foot by 8 foot even being able to leave the atmosphere, and I am not sure how the men, the aliens, and the carrot heads all fit in there.

the 20 years return trip indicates a fabricated story to begin with

One of the man (Parker) claimed they came back 20 years later Bible Bashing. Here is the paragraph from Wikipedia.

In a later interview over 20 years after the initial incident, Parker's story became much more elaborate. Here Parker confessed to lying about fainting in sight of the creatures. He claimed that he was in fact conscious when the creatures took him on board the craft and led him into a room at the other end of a hallway to the left of the craft's entrance. He claims he was laid down on a sloped table and examined by a 'petite,' evidently female, being. Though he was paralyzed, he was able to observe the being inject a needle into the base of the underside of his penis. The being later communicated with him telepathically, suggesting that he had been taken for a reason. While he was not able to define it, Parker felt a sense of imminent harm. Nevertheless, he was led back outside the craft and deposited back into his original position unharmed. He then claimed that 19 years later, he came in contact with the same craft again. This time he voluntarily walked aboard the craft and met with the same female being that had examined his body in 1973. He claimed he had a conversation with the being, in English, in which she communicated to him a religious message. She informed him that they shared the same God, that the bible was an authentic text, and that her species wanted to live on earth but could not due to humanity's tendency towards war and destruction.

Same old warlike race spiel, with the added bonus of religious studies.

and the fact that the men are religious strikes me as motive for an indecent act they would want to cover up.

My their is the men got a few too many under their belt, and endeed up doing the horizontal mambo. I think their religious nature got the better of them, and they experineced trauma with regards to eternal damnation. As they story got popular, I think the pressure became too much for Parker, and he had a breakdown over it.
I feel subtle indicators support this conclusion.

The immediate and sizeable reaction from the press is also suspicious in my opinion.

Again from Wikipedia:

Hickson and Parker returned to work the day after the encounter (Friday, October 12). They did not initially discuss their purported UFO encounter, but coworkers noted that Parker seemed very anxious and preoccupied. Within hours, Sheriff Diamond telephoned the men at work, stating that news reporters were swarming in his office, seeking more information about the UFO story. An angry Hickson accused Diamond of breaking his confidentiality pledge, but Diamond insisted he had not done so, and that the case was too sensational to keep quiet.

Their time cannot be totally accounted for. I suspect this press release was to help their story along, based on the claim of a UFO being seen at Gautier, home town to these men. I have a feeling they may well have had to worry about repercussions as well as eternal damnation.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#201    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 03 April 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

Exactly, whos to say they obey the same laws as us. Just saying

Way ahead of you mate, I already went down this path back here - LINK

For the meantime, Q has asked we consider the craft as physical as per the original description.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#202    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:18 AM

View Postbmk1245, on 02 April 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

Ok, fair enough. But you have to keep in mind, that 30ft could have been evolved later, after the thought "Jeez, 8ft sounds, um, dubious. Maybe it was 30ft, more or less. I'll stick with 30ft (+/-) from now on".

Mate, that is small potatoes, check out what this source has to say:

The ship half approximately three to four feet wide, three feet high and ten feet long.

LINK

#203    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

View Postbee, on 03 April 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

[/i]

You were the only one arguing the point at that time....and the IP address edit goes to the Gold Coast, south of Brisbane.

(anyone can look it up)

Surfers Paradise to be exact. But the IP search isn't THAT accurate...for example my IP address on the search I used

puts me 15 miles away from where I am. But in terms of the general area and more importantly the TIMING of when the

edit was made....puts you right in the frame..... :yes:  

Ummmmm Hickson is speaking 'words' on the YT clip.....that you are refusing to listen to even though you have the exact time to go to.

Anyway I have seen you post YT clips when it suits you...

I have not been to Surfers for years, in any case, I would like to adress Quillius concerning this post.

Mate, I am really snowed and am struggling to find time to post of late, not too impressed with this nonsense, I am here to discuss the Pascagoula abduction. If Bee wishes to continue to derail this thread, I am out of  it mate. We need a leash or the conversation is over I am afraid.

Catch you all later.

Edited by psyche101, 04 April 2013 - 04:49 AM.

#204    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,371 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

Discussing the size is derailing the thread ?....... :no:

View Postpsyche101, on 03 April 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

Gidday bmk

the transcript form the timeframe is supposed to be recording the exact words of the men, and it states:

Derrington: How large was the item hovering?

Hickson: It wasn't round. It seemed oval shaped and it was approximately 8 ft. wide, it was a little longer than that, and it had to be over 8 ft. high. When they approached us — one on each side of my arms — but I didn't feel any sensation at all when it touched me. And amazingly I was just lifted right off
the ground.

From the actual words of Hickson we know that the 'little longer than that' is approximately 30 - 40 foot....

So the volume / space within ......is.... (using the lower estimate of 30 foot) 1920 cubic feet

That seems like a fairly decent size...

Bearing in mind that the volume of the Lunar Module cockpit was a mere 235 cubic feet in comparison.

Presuming the figures on this wiki page are correct.... :)

http://en.wikipedia....lo_Lunar_Module

and here are some pics of the lunar module cockpit

http://www.bing.com/...ckpit&FORM=IGRE

So the estimated size of the Pascagoula craft  is over 8 times the size of the Lunar Module cockpit

#205    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 04 April 2013 - 04:16 AM, said:

Way ahead of you mate, I already went down this path back here - LINK

For the meantime, Q has asked we consider the craft as physical as per the original description.
ah okay :tu:

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#206    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,018 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 03 April 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

maybe someone was talking about metres and someone else was talking about feet; 8m +/- 26 ft, after all ...
Doubt it. Try to ask average "foot" Joe how many fts are per metre/meter (and the same with metre/meter folks), you'll get an answer "Huh?"

View Postpsyche101, on 03 April 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

[...]
I personally feel ti was a cover up story to hide a mistaken action that these men felt dammed them to hell, and being good religious folk, I feel it would have been very traumatic for them both. In fact Parker, (not the guy above stating 8ft x 8ft) claims the aliens came back 20 years later, gave the same spiel about us being too warrlike, and said they worshiped the same God and the Bible was all accurate.

I honestly do not think this was ET, but human conscience and regret.
[...]
I'd go with that (more or less) as well.

View Postpsyche101, on 04 April 2013 - 04:18 AM, said:

Mate, that is small potatoes, check out what this source has to say:

LINK
Heh... That is the problem/disease infested UFOlogy: eyewitnesses changing their "facts" plus re-tellings by others.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#207    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,018 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

View Postbee, on 04 April 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

[...]
From the actual words of Hickson we know that the 'little longer than that' is approximately 30 - 40 foot....
[...]
Little longer than 8 ft? Is 2 promiles little bit drunker than 0.4? I always wonder how some can drive with "blood not found in alcohol" condition...

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#208    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:43 AM

View Postbee, on 04 April 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

Discussing the size is derailing the thread ?....... :no:

So the volume / space within ......is.... (using the lower estimate of 30 foot) 1920 cubic feet

That seems like a fairly decent size...

Bearing in mind that the volume of the Lunar Module cockpit was a mere 235 cubic feet in comparison.

Presuming the figures on this wiki page are correct.... :)

http://en.wikipedia....lo_Lunar_Module

and here are some pics of the lunar module cockpit

http://www.bing.com/...ckpit&FORM=IGRE

So the estimated size of the Pascagoula craft  is over 8 times the size of the Lunar Module cockpit

How do you think the Lunar Module would go beyond the moon?

Q and I have agreed not to invoke mythical motherships.

#209    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

• 24,555 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:46 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 05 April 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

How do you think the Lunar Module would go beyond the moon?

Q and I have agreed not to invoke mythical motherships.
So you've agreed to discount reasonable ideas, because they don't make it so easy to mock the whole notion? It does sound rather as if, since you've decided that a small craft would obviously be ridiculous for crossing the Vast Distances of Space ™, you've decided to discount any ideas in which small craft would not have to cross the Vast Distances of Space, simply because you want to stick to the idea of the ridiculousness of such a small craft? That doesn't sound a very scientific way of approaching the question, I'm afraid, if anyone was to ask me.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#210    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,600 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:08 AM

http://en.wikipedia...._hoc_hypothesis :su

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users