Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

What's for dinner?

recipes food meals

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,727 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

What's for dinner tonight?

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,450 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

I went all out yesterday with the cooking, fried chicken breast, sweet and sour sauce, mashed potatoes with gravy, corn and rolls then cherry cobbler and ice cream for desert, so today its going to be something that I can just pop in the microwave or oven then wait for the buzzer.  Probably pizza or toasted ravioli with home made pizza sauce for dipping and a salad.

#3    Fstop

Fstop

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

Tonight at the group home I work at i am preparing pork chops, marinated in a garlic, ginger, soy sauce, mandarin orange puree marinade and then grilled.  Steamed broccoli, and buttered potatoes round out the menu (which I didn't make - I am just adding my flair to "grilled pork chops" as listed. :)

We don’t see things as they are. We see things as we are. – Anais Nin

#4    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,543 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

Sliders, onion rings, and fried pickles....

At McFarlins in Bandon.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#5    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

Fried onions and red pepper with brown rice :)

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#6    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,727 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:02 AM

Never had fried onions before....

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#7    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

View PostHilander, on 07 April 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

I went all out yesterday with the cooking, fried chicken breast, sweet and sour sauce, mashed potatoes with gravy, corn and rolls then cherry cobbler and ice cream for desert, so today its going to be something that I can just pop in the microwave or oven then wait for the buzzer.  Probably pizza or toasted ravioli with home made pizza sauce for dipping and a salad.

Okay, that's it. How much will it cost me to fly you over here to be my personal chef? Salary negotiable.

#8    mnbutterfly

mnbutterfly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

Tonight we had baja panko crusted fish tacos with spanish rice.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
~ H.P. Lovecraft, Supernatural Horror in Literature

#9    Odd Requiem

Odd Requiem

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

• "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:32 AM

Filet mignon grilled to perfection, sweet blue crab, grilled hallowed out onions stuffed with asparagus,  squash, zucchini and chopped up bacon, and a green salad with vegetables galore with fat free ranch dressing because I'm watching my figure ;)

-I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.//

#10    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,727 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Mon: shrimp salad sandwich, citris ginger shrimp/ mayo red pepper flakes for spice, gouda and brie cheese, spinich, fresh baked bread, grilled. Pickle on the side, very delicious

Tues: Taco salad - lazy meal, last of the tortilla chips mixed in with salsa, mashed avocado, tomatoes and chopped lettuce. Normally I would put chilli and sour cream in it but not this time, grated cheddar cheese...

#11    Fstop

Fstop

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

Lunch today....Chicken Ramen with Sriracha +Baby carrots dipped in peanut butter.  Same thing I had yesterday.  And the day before.  And the day  before....except that day I had some cheese too.  :D

#12    sarah_444

sarah_444

Poltergeist

• 2,809 posts

• "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

chicken noodle soup that has been simmering for a few hours and french bread from the bakery up the street.  perfect for this very wet, very cold evening!

#13    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,299 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

"Grilled cheese sandwich" made from toast and melted Swiss cheese in the microwave.    I generally do not attempt serious cooking on a work night.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#14    Odd Requiem

Odd Requiem

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

• "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:18 AM

A mouthwatering bowl of delicious chocolate cocoa pebbles, smothered in, fresh from the store, 2% milk. Talk about fancy.

-I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.//

#15    Fstop

Fstop

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:36 AM

for dinner earlier I had a large quesadilla - cheese only - because really what else do you need?  Also some more carrots with peanut butter.  Then I had a Boulevard porter during band practice, and now, since practice is over and I'm rather still awake I made a large-ish bowl of drunkenly buttered air-popped popcorn and am enjoying a boulevard pale ale along with it.

Carb-loading like a boss, y'all!

Also tagged with recipes, food, meals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users