Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Photographing Ghosts

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,949 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Um, the thread... It's 10 years old. People probably won't get responses from posters who wrote back in 2002. Just sayin.

It is kind of interesting to read what they said 10 years ago... Back then it was just a suggestion that since some ghost stories report cold, would thermal imaging work? Today it's almost common to see thermal cameras in the TV shows, and a whole handful of other ghost hunting groups own one and use it. Also is a mention of equipment seeing past the visual spectrum. We do that now too with infrared night vision equipment. Imaging of magnetic fields was mentioned as a no go then, but now we have this... http://www.environme...re/1393?image=0

#17    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,064 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

Ahhh.  Fair point.

I usually notice necrothreads but missed this that this one had just been revived from the dead before I responded.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#18    Mancandy

Mancandy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

View PostLoonboy, on 25 May 2002 - 09:36 PM, said:

[blue]
I still don't believe for one second that so called 'orb' photographs show spirits. I think that they are light reflections from dust motes etc magnified by the lens of the digital camera or glitches in the way the digital camera works.

It would be cool to see some thermal images of ghosts instead of the usual dubious orb photos or the even more dubious e.v.p.s.
[/blue] :
Not sure if Im doing this right, but for some time now I have looked for some type of explination to what I have experienced myself and a few others, before I continue, just want to make sure im doing this right

#19    Mancandy

Mancandy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

Ok Im very new to this site and I've always wanted an explination to somthing I experienced along with some other family members... For all those non belivers of such orbs and ghost and demons that dont believe they exsist...TRUST they do

#20    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,064 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

View PostMancandy, on 07 February 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

Ok Im very new to this site and I've always wanted an explination to somthing I experienced along with some other family members... For all those non belivers of such orbs and ghost and demons that dont believe they exsist...TRUST they do
And why should we trust that they do?

'Orbs' in photos have been definitively explained.  It is incumbent to those claiming they are something other than what they obviously are to prove their position.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Orb_(optics)

I tend not to trust people who assert that I should trust that they are right.  If they have a convincing case, let them present it.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users