Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama taps Chuck Hagel as his Sec. of Defense

Yamato

Senator Chuck Hagel is a battle-hardened Vietnam vet and Republican from Nebraska who doesn't follow the herd on foreign policy issues like Iraq and Iran. Will his war mongering Republican colleagues he once angered be able to stop his Cabinet appointment?

I respect his service to this country.

But I don't know too much about his policy. Time to research.

Israel has already endorsed him. So red flags popping up already. (no offense to Israel)

Why you would hire a person who is in the opposite party to you is beyond me...

That is exactly how it should be done. How could you argue that?

That is exactly how it should be done. How could you argue that?

Why would you hire somebody who has a completely different mindset to you? However, this guy has probably about 1% more reputability than other Republican's because he opposed the war, doesn't like Israel that much... (however once he became someone of importance, isn't it funny how he now 'completely supports Israel'? They're not even trying to hide it anymore...)

My point is why you would hire somebody with a completely opposite party affiliation to you, and not somebody who shares the same views you do, is beyond me.

Why would you hire somebody who has a completely different mindset to you? However, this guy has probably about 1% more reputability than other Republican's because he opposed the war, doesn't like Israel that much... (however once he became someone of importance, isn't it funny how he now 'completely supports Israel'? They're not even trying to hide it anymore...)

My point is why you would hire somebody with a completely opposite party affiliation to you, and not somebody who shares the same views you do, is beyond me.

Because we are not (yet) ruled by totalitarianism. Bipartisanship is critical, even if it's as feeble as what we're seeing today. I guess one could argue that it's ill advised to do this if Obama was striving to become a dictator.

• Like 1

Hagel seems to reflect the temperament of Obama on all the important national defense issues of the day. His nomination is a clear signal that Iran is now on a back burner so Israel can be clear on that at least.

Obama wouldn't know war if it came up and bit him. Obama is bombing the Middle East. What temperament is that? This would reflect a change in temperament if anything.

Iran is on the back burner, and what's that got to do with Israel? It's amazing how when I show Zionist policy appeasers about 9/11 and how the motive for the attack was Israel, that the motive for the retaliation on Iraq was also Israel, we get tongue tied and strangely silent and can't discuss the evidence; there might even be a few weak attempts at denial. Even the "truthers" stop talking about building 7 just for a few moments. But now that the Republican chickenhawks intend on starting another war on Iran, they can't stop bleating about the quality of Hagel's buddy love for Israel. I think at least the rhetoric has grown a tad bit more honest in their lousy attempts at committing more violence. Because yes, Israel is the motive. This time it's Iran, strangely enough, that has something to do with defending Israel from the bureau's "imminent threat" Club. Something the Ayatollah said about the Zionist regime vanishing...well, we can't have any of that! So the nation of Iran suddenly wants to wipe maps and deny holocausts!

Now Hagel is being dragged through the Zionist media mud, a controversial choice, why? Because he didn't unequivocally unbreakably totally permanently bend over far enough for some paranoid neocon politicians who don't even know their own responsibility and so find Hagel frightening.

• 1 month later...

Now Bill Maher has weighed in on Chuck Hagel's disastrous bid to become our next Secretary of Defense after an unprecedented Republican-only filibuster of one of their own:

“Based on every statement I’ve heard from every Republican in the last two years, the Israelis are controlling our government,” he said, prompting applause from the audience.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/15/bill-maher-on-chuck-hagels-isreal-remarks-the-israelis-are-controlling-our-government/