Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What might alien life look like ?

How far can our imagination take us when it comes to envisaging extraterrestrial life forms ?

Her aliens would probably die on Earth, finding the damp oxygenated atmosphere lethally corrosive. Equally, humans would not survive on Titan.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 1

Invisable and shy, an unfortuanate thing for ufo searchers :)

Might be just a bit of a coincidence, but just now we are watching: "Batteries not included". :alien:

batteries not included (1987) Trailer

• Like 3

About 1.7 m tall, slightly over weight, with curlers in its hair. Otherwise known as a "mother-in-law".

• Like 3

Seriously, the first 'aliens' we come across will likely be robotic. Advanced beings probably won't risk first contact face to face. Also, if the distance issue isn't easily resolved, ET probably won't like the notion of giving up their entire lives traveling the cosmos on the off chance of having a 'meet and greet' with others.

• Like 1

I think the vast variation of species on earth, past and present tells us any life outside of our own world will probably be just as varied, if you can imagine it, it may well exist.

The illustration looks like The Flood.

we only look the way we do because of where we live. are ribs are to protect are lungs and heart etc, we are the weight we are to stop us from floating up.

• Like 1

@wingyflam...

We are the weight we are to stop us from floating up?

"Gravity, it's not just a theory, it's the law."

• Like 1

Lilly's post is probably the most sensible,or why have robots gone to Mars first?..

Clones, androids and lifeforms artificially engineered for space travel, if Dr. Robert Sarbacher is to be believed.

The pictures of the dead bodies I saw in the Army that time did NOT look like this, since the cranium and eyes are much too large.

grey-alien_119.png

This might be a little closer, although I'd need to see their faces and heads from the front. Of course, there's no way I can endorse an Internet picture like this as real, but what I saw were small humanoids with black eyes and small noses and mouths.

img_3055_101-dead-alien-bodys-from-roswell-ufo-crash-hq-leaked-2011-hd.jpg

The size and proportions may be about right in this one, but the noses and mouths are too large, and the eyes in the pictures I saw were black--no pupils or irises. They did have on some type of uniforms and head coverings, but not with the antenna-like attachments. The mouths are too wide as well.

Schirmer1.jpg

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Clones, androids and lifeforms artificially engineered for space travel, if Dr. Robert Sarbacher is to be believed.

The pictures of the dead bodies I saw in the Army that time did NOT look like this, since the cranium and eyes are much too large.

grey-alien_119.png

This might be a little closer, although I'd need to see their faces and heads from the front. Of course, there's no way I can endorse an Internet picture like this as real, but what I saw were small humanoids with black eyes and small noses and mouths.

img_3055_101-dead-alien-bodys-from-roswell-ufo-crash-hq-leaked-2011-hd.jpg

bloody hell it's my mother in law!!

where'd the bottom pic come from McG ive not seen that before

i personally think that IF we were visited it would be by some form of robot or a probe, but then if they have been visting long enough they might well be coming themselves, its tantalizing thoughts like this that keep me fascinated by UFO'S

• Like 1

bloody hell it's my mother in law!!

where'd the bottom pic come from McG ive not seen that before

i personally think that IF we were visited it would be by some form of robot or a probe, but then if they have been visting long enough they might well be coming themselves, its tantalizing thoughts like this that keep me fascinated by UFO'S

I really don't know where it came from, and I can't say it's authentic. It's just one of those things that pops up on the Internet. It stood out in my mind because I had seen some similar pictures in the Army, although all of those were black and white--probably from the 1950s.

looks kind of familiar to me but i cant place where

Well, it could look like a walking walnut. Intelligent, technological life however will, in my humble opinion anyway, have to have very good physical dexterity. They would have to have gone through a industrial and technological development similar to ours, so they would have to be able to hold and accurately manipulate small and large objects. Imagine an extremely intelligent dolphin, it's not going to be able to build machines or develop electronics as it's got flippers, not fingers, and it spends it's life immersed in water. So I think they will have to be land critters and have 'fingers', they will have to be able to see clearly to develop technology, so they will have to have eyes. Chances are, as they will be a type of animal, just as we are, they will need at least stereoscopic vision for survival, hunting etc, to be able to judge distance to prey, so at least two eyes. They could be large 4ft tall insects and have 4, 6 or 8 eyes, but I think they will have to have at least 2. They will need at least 2 'arms' and 2 'legs' for the same reason. They will need to be able to move around, see, hear, touch, feel, lift, carry and communicate.

I think intelligent alien life will be either short and fat or tall and thin depending on the size of their planet and the strength of it's gravitational field. They will have a comfortable temperature range depending on the distance of their planet from their star, and the type of star. They will prefer heat or cold as we do. The same would be true for their vision/eyes, they would have a comfortable light level. If their planet doesn't get much light they will probably have large light sensitive eyes, and if it's really bright the opposite would be true. As they are a form of 'critter' they would most likely be able to hear quite well. How their ears would look and operate would depend on the atmospheric density of their home planet. Low atmospheric pressure, big ears, high atmospheric pressure, small ears. Jesus, the atmospheric pressure must be really low in Buckingham Palace.

It's an interesting one for sure.

• Like 1

The pictures I saw definitely did not look like this one! Their skin was smooth, not scaly or wrinkled, and their features were not reptilian. Their eyes were smaller and black.

picture-of-reptilian-alien.gif

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Im 100% behind the point that most likely E.T will ,and has sent Probes to Earth ! THis would best expliane many of the sightings ! Mine for one !

But ITs just logic and I bet they have Tons of it !

A biological alien visiting earth doesn't have to be bound by our own lifespan, what if they live for thousands of yrs, travelling across space wouldn't be such a sacrifice, they would have to come from a planet within our own galaxy as a visitor from our closest galaxy would be close to impossible without some kind of short cut with the distances involved, but what if aliens don't have to come from anywhere and are scattered throughout the cosmos like plankton in the sea,

Seriously, the first 'aliens' we come across will likely be robotic. Advanced beings probably won't risk first contact face to face. Also, if the distance issue isn't easily resolved, ET probably won't like the notion of giving up their entire lives traveling the cosmos on the off chance of having a 'meet and greet' with others.

Lilly's post is probably the most sensible,or why have robots gone to Mars first?..

The great thing about Aliens is this is not necessarily true, it is the way we would approach the situation not them. If it was us meeting them I agree we would most likely send robots. They may have no need for robots, they may have spare bodies for exploration, they may send organic drones (like worker ants), they may bump into us by accident and not be prepared to send anything out, we might see them but we could be so small to them they don't even notice us, the possibilities are mind boggling and that's just the ideas limited by our imagination, let alone what we can't comprehend. Sending robots is one option, but I believe it is outweighed by many other options.

ET's may well love giving up there lives travelling the cosmos like our early pioneers did on Earth, leaving their imprint around the cosmos (much like the human need for exploration). I wonder how many people would take this for their 'life work' if their exploits could be recorded in human history?

Lily's post is the most sensible (to our knowledge and form), but to theirs? Maybe not.

• Like 1

I'm not so interested in what aliens look like. Do they resemble us? But more as to what they act like, how they view other life, their purpose here. Are they like us?

I would hope contact would prove terribly exciting and not terribly frightening as is also a possibility, especially if like us.

But this is an interesting topic, nonetheless.

Imagine a world like our own, just 6.5 light years away -- but teeming with life forms unlike anything found on Earth. Take a simulated journey into the near future, where astronomers and biologists alike marvel at the potential of Darwin IV, a nearby planet with two suns, 60% gravity and an atmosphere capable of supporting life.

The show uses computer-generated imagery, which is interspersed with interviews from such notables as Stephen Hawking, George Lucas, Michio Kaku and Jack Horner.

Alien Planet Full Episode,...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6lkmK3kEEE&feature=related

• Like 1