Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China ?

Just Dave

Chance of China making first strike in any way?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Might China make first strike on ( Any for now ) country?

• Yes
    • No
    • 50~50
    • I will start digging?!

Hey all!

Many of you know about infowars and the guy behind it... i dont like either of those 2.. but i did a read about China based article.

The article is...

“to deepen preparations for potential conflict to ensure that the troops are ready if called upon not only to fight, but to win.”

We have all seen the new bomber they made capable of carrying nuclear payload. First i would like to say that in my opinion enemy is never to be underestimated. China might not be technologically advanced as US, but like Russia they have alot of manpower. Actually they have a frightening number of soldiers.. based on wiki.

I would like to know your opinons on this ... Will China actually make the first strike?

I once said to my friend that right now US are very weak due to economy and corruption issues.. ( maybe that is why they are spying so much, they cant do anything else except prepare ) and there is a time window of possible attack ( when we talked i was talking about Russians ) of any of US enemies, silent enemies..

So due to massive Chinese military build up i think something is happening in silent way... If this is right

China has becoming increasingly irate over the United States’ growing presence in the East China Sea and recently retaliated by sailing a surveillance ship through Hawaiian waters for the very first time in an unprecedented and provocative move.

...is China feeling threatened or overpowered?

~ uhmmmm nope ~

Just preparing for the Lunar New Year ~

• Like 1

Global fireworks display ahahahaha...

China has also corruption issues, doesn't make them weak and they have more serious concerns with Vietnam and the South China Sea and Japan rather than the US

I would say there is at least a chance they could get involved with some of the more... politically viable countries in the area. Not too up to speed on their relations with any of them though.

They seem to be achieving most of what they desire quite readily without using military force so no, I don't see an advantage for them, to start a war with anyone. They might STUMBLE into a conflict if they aren't careful though.

• Like 2

I would say there is a chance China would make a first strike. Not necessarily directly against the US, however possibly against Japan or another US protectorate which would then obligate the US to step into the conflict. China's goverment does not necessarily act in harmony and one overly powerful rogue element could get things going. Anyone that doesn't realize this lives in a happy bubble.

Edited by OverSword

Has China ever started a conflict ?.They are the guys who sit behind the scenes and supply the equipment.They were dragged into the Korean War because Nth Korea was losing and had to have back up,but they (the Chinese) didn't start it.

Has China ever started a conflict ?.They are the guys who sit behind the scenes and supply the equipment.They were dragged into the Korean War because Nth Korea was losing and had to have back up,but they (the Chinese) didn't start it.

Can it truly be said that the Chinese government in the 1950's is the same today?

What economic interest would China gain from attacking another nation other than isolating itself from the rest of the world and creating civil unrest back home? It would make zero logical sense for China to commit such an act.

• Like 7

No war, China already owns america and is poisoning us slowly, hell why does China need to go to war with anyone, they can just kill off economies with their poisonous merchandise.

Edited by Jyre Cayce

Can it truly be said that the Chinese government in the 1950's is the same today?

Hiya, I guess the Chinese have mellowed a little since then,they had this Mau-Tse-Tung guy and his little red book,The Brits had the Yangtzee incident where a Brit Destroyer was trapped for a while up the Yellow river.They had a lot of trouble with Formosa (now Taiwan),You can now visit as a tourist which was out of the question those days.The Chinese have a very bad habit,its called PATIENCE,they are prepared to sit around and wait things out until they get what they want even if it takes a 100 years.
  • Like 4

Hiya, I guess the Chinese have mellowed a little since then,they had this Mau-Tse-Tung guy and his little red book,The Brits had the Yangtzee incident where a Brit Destroyer was trapped for a while up the Yellow river.They had a lot of trouble with Formosa (now Taiwan),You can now visit as a tourist which was out of the question those days.The Chinese have a very bad habit,its called PATIENCE,they are prepared to sit around and wait things out until they get what they want even if it takes a 100 years.

WHatever happened to patience being a 'virtue' spud me mackem ?

:)

• Like 1

WHatever happened to patience being a 'virtue' spud me mackem ?

:)

Patience is a Virtue seldom found in Men,never in Women, (but that's off this thread).

The Chinese waited until we gave them back Hong Kong after our 100 year lease,and now its one of the richest cities on the planet. Confucius say :- Man who sleep in valley, never see sunrise.?

• Like 3

Keeping one to ones word binds them to honor and requires them to remain honorable in the most honorable way possible ~ even the most despicable bandit may be bound by his oath of honor ...

Sadly more than most understands not the nature of honor anymore ...

• Like 2

As I recall China did make a first strike against Tibet, and just because they could barely fight back does that mean it didn't happen??? See, you people are wrong. And I'm sure all of the many different territories and countries that make up what is now China would tell you that certainly the Chinese would and have many times struck first.

• Like 1

Wheyver would they want to? Since they either export to just about everywhere, or just about everywhere owes them very large sums of money, they'd be very very silly to jeopardise any of those markets by launching Military action, which, even if it wasn't directly on a country that they either trade with or owe them money, would surely inevitably bugger up global trade good & proper.

• Like 2

"“to deepen preparations for potential conflict to ensure that the troops are ready if called upon not only to fight, but to win.”"

No ***** Sherlock, they're not only training their troops to fight if necessary, but to win?? What an outrageous notion.

• Like 1

No, thankfully it seems to be a lot more pragmatic than the days of Chairman Mao.

• Like 2

No, thankfully it seems to be a lot more pragmatic than the days of Chairman Mao.

Yes, thankfully. The ideological idiots now are mostly in the States.
  • Like 1

once China starts having domestic problems for which there are many coming down the tracks. inevitable, demographics, the rise in living standards, the inability to resource an aging population and resource a population of 1.2 Billion and all the problems that brings etc... this is when they'll make their move. because at this point they'll have nothing to lose.

Just look at all the goings on in the south china sea. Japan, South Korea and then we have India which never gets a mention. the Indo China border is one of the most heavily militarised borders in the world. how many wars/skirmishes have happened over the last fifty years? 1987 was a year when the pair nearly came to blows.

i've said it before look no further than the aircraft carrier to highlight a countries future military ambitions. China have one carrier named Liaoning, (ex Russian Carrier) and are planning more, in Janes weekly a few years back a article by a high ranking PLAN naval officer stated the 21st century is the 'age of the sea' and only last year the Brazilian Navy started training Chinese crews in preparation for carrier operations.

India will have to thwart Chinese domination in the Indian ocean. India has two Aircraft Carriers INS Viraat (ex Royal Navy, better known to us as HMS Hermes. who took part in the Falklands war) and the second carrier is INS Vikramaditya (ex Russian)

you only have to google janes defence weekly, and you can see with the rise of India and China the age of one dominant superpower is coming to an end, the end of Pax Americana. - 20 years from now the world will look a very different place geopolitically.

• Like 2

If the Chinese leadership is as smart as I think they are, they will curb the nationalistic and hegemonic instincts that are inherently found within the population of any large and important country and put an emphasis on world economic integration and peace. It is in the Party's best interest, as the above poster pointed out the country is not without problems. However, we should not overstate the problems to imply some sort of collapse is in the cards, because it very definitely is not and overall the country is one of the best governed states in the world.

• Like 3

Why would they need to?

Economically speaking they already own very large portions of Foreign economies,They could call in their Money owed by the US tomorrow and cause massive problems for Obama.

Why would they need to?

Economically speaking they already own very large portions of Foreign economies,They could call in their Money owed by the US tomorrow and cause massive problems for Obama.

Well that sounds neat but they couldn't: the debt instruments have maturities. An attempt to sell them all would ruin their value.
  • Like 1

i've said it before look no further than the aircraft carrier to highlight a countries future military ambitions. China have one carrier named Liaoning, (ex Russian Carrier) and are planning more, in Janes weekly a few years back a article by a high ranking PLAN naval officer stated the 21st century is the 'age of the sea' and only last year the Brazilian Navy started training Chinese crews in preparation for carrier operations.

India will have to thwart Chinese domination in the Indian ocean. India has two Aircraft Carriers INS Viraat (ex Royal Navy, better known to us as HMS Hermes. who took part in the Falklands war) and the second carrier is INS Vikramaditya (ex Russian)

you only have to google janes defence weekly, and you can see with the rise of India and China the age of one dominant superpower is coming to an end, the end of Pax Americana. - 20 years from now the world will look a very different place geopolitically.

So does that mean that David "Cameron"'s mega-carrier project means that he has ambitions for global domination?

• Like 2