Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

pacific fleet commander says global warming

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,225 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

View PostRavenHawk, on 13 March 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

The question is if Climate Change/Global Warming is Anthropomorphic in nature?  Man does indeed affect his environment, but is he creating climate change?  

But this article does not come out and say that.  I hear you though, that is generally implied whenever someone who's religion is climate change speaks about it.

#17    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

View PostOverSword, on 13 March 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

America’s top military officer in charge of monitoring hostile actions by North Korea, escalating tensions between China and Japan, and a spike in computer attacks traced to China provides an unexpected answer when asked what is the biggest long-term security threat in the Pacific region: ManBearPig.

Posted Image

#18    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,781 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

View PostClyde the Glyde, on 13 March 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

We're back to calling it " Global Warming ? "   I thought the environmental alarmists got rid of that phrase in favor of " Climate Change " after the record cold and snow from a few years back.

Whatever suits their changing mindset I suppose.
You would be wrong. The informed never stopped using Global Warming.
This is only an issue for those in deep denial.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#19    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,781 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

View PostOverSword, on 13 March 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

But this article does not come out and say that.  I hear you though, that is generally implied whenever someone who's religion is climate change speaks about it.
If he made this statement - it will be backed up by the whole weight of the Navy’s scientific researchers - it you who seem to have a religious fervour that denies reality.

Br Cornelius

Robert Anton Wilson

#20    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,214 posts

• ראה

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

In other words, he's admitting that we're the bad guys, without offering suicide as a remedy.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#21    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,280 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 14 March 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

You would be wrong. The informed never stopped using Global Warming.
This is only an issue for those in deep denial.

Br Cornelius
actualy it is those that are brainwashed, never stopped using global warming phrase.the informed, know full well, the globe does not get warm, climate changes, and it has been happeing before man even exsisted on earth. it gets warmer in some spots while it gets colder in others, golfstream current is acually cools off. anyone that keeps saying global warming is real, shows he\she is cluless of real scope and nature of events that contribute to global climate change. saying global warming is as ignorant, as saying any kid can walk into a gun store and buy a machine gun. same degree of cluelessnes in both statments. and very often same ppl belive in both, coincedence???? i doubt it.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#22    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,781 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

View Postaztek, on 04 April 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

actualy it is those that are brainwashed, never stopped using global warming phrase.the informed, know full well, the globe does not get warm, climate changes, and it has been happeing before man even exsisted on earth. it gets warmer in some spots while it gets colder in others, golfstream current is acually cools off. anyone that keeps saying global warming is real, shows he\she is cluless of real scope and nature of events that contribute to global climate change. saying global warming is as ignorant, as saying any kid can walk into a gun store and buy a machine gun. same degree of cluelessnes in both statments. and very often same ppl belive in both, coincedence???? i doubt it.
Again this is factually incorrect. Global Warming is an increasing average Global temperature. It is real and demonstrably happening in the absence of natural drivers.
Global warming causes the climate to change and so we can say with confidence that Global warming causes Climate change to happen.

The two terms means different things, but are fundamentally interwinded. There is ample evidence to support the existence of both, and the contribution that man is making to both.

We all know that climate changes and always has - but that doesn't do anything to discredit the attribution of this particular episode to mans influence through burning fossil fuels - and there is a huge body of evidence which differentiates that cause from the natural drivers which are always happening.

Playing semantic games wont change this.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius, 04 April 2013 - 04:22 PM.

Robert Anton Wilson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users