Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Photography Challenge

orangepeaceful79

I've seen this done on lots of Flickr groups, but I thought it might be fun to have our own UM version since we have many talented shutterbugs in our midst. The idea is that someone posts a theme or topic and we all post our photographic interpretations of that theme. I'll start off.

The theme is Cold. :santa:

So post away and lets see if we can get some discussion going on the photos people post. I know as a photographer I always love feedback, whether it be critical or complimentary - I love it all.

• Like 1

I've seen this done on lots of Flickr groups, but I thought it might be fun to have our own UM version since we have many talented shutterbugs in our midst. The idea is that someone posts a theme or topic and we all post our photographic interpretations of that theme. I'll start off.

The theme is Cold. :santa:

So post away and lets see if we can get some discussion going on the photos people post. I know as a photographer I always love feedback, whether it be critical or complimentary - I love it all.

So here's my response to the thread.

post-124811-0-95737300-1359305967_thumb.

• Like 8

Cold..

Extremely rare snow at home.

33ma0d1.jpg

• Like 9

Cold..

Extremely rare snow at home.

33ma0d1.jpg

Very nice. I love how the barbed wire defines the otherwise nearly uniform whiteness. Excellent capture, Professor T! :tu: Feel free to choose a new theme or let this one ride for awhile. Whatever you like.

Edited by orangepeaceful79
  • Like 1

Great ideas for a thread; here's one from me - bleak and grey!

post-28757-0-67174900-1359319454_thumb.j

Edited by Oppono Astos
  • Like 7

Great ideas for a thread; here's one from me - bleak and grey!

Fantastic photo. I like this one a lot. Nice capture!

post-126944-0-76528400-1359325739_thumb.I'll continue the bleak & grey... Edited by NiteMarcher
  • Like 4

post-126944-0-76528400-1359325739_thumb.I'll continue the bleak & grey...

I love the different gradations of grey in the clouds and background hills. I like this shot.

Bleak and grey works perfectly here. It adds to the simplicity nicely.

Here's mine taken this afternoon. (Nice thread btw!)

DSC_0571_zpsfa1c6f76.jpg

This shot is lovely. I love the ice on the rocks and the pale blue of the water. awesome.

New Challenge.. (& this will P-off a few die hard believers..)

Orbs!!!

2le5stv.jpg

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 2

*Posts removed*

Just a quick reminder that this thread is intended for you to post your own photos. Please don't post copied/copyrighted pics.

Thank you

• Like 2

DAng....I'm not sure if I have any "pictures of flash-illuminated dust motes and/or moisture that are mistakenly referred to as orbs" lol. Gonna have to go look. I'm happy people like this thread. I'm enjoying it just as much! CHeers!

• Like 2

DAng....I'm not sure if I have any "pictures of flash-illuminated dust motes and/or moisture that are mistakenly referred to as orbs" lol. Gonna have to go look. I'm happy people like this thread. I'm enjoying it just as much! CHeers!

All you need is a dark or dim background & foreground, a flash on your camera.

Also helps if you take the shot under a Tree that is shaking or being shaken at the time so there are plenty of unfocused bugs or leafs in the shot.

The Photo of the Orbs I took was helped by throwing the cats into the tree.. Unfortunately, some of the leaf matter & a twig the cats shook loose in this shot are in focus, so it gives away the trick..

(anyhow, that's how the shot was taken )

dblj88.jpg

Just want to make it clear that I've seen an orb before with the naked eye, so I know they do exists.. Am a believer myself..

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 3

Yeah I know how to make pics with those things people mistake for orbs...I just don't think I have any on hand, because I rarely use my flash and when I do, I always bounce it to the ceiling which tends to eliminate the photographic phenomenon known as orbs. I'll come up with something though!

• Like 1

All you need is a dark or dim background & foreground, a flash on your camera.

Also helps if you take the shot under a Tree that is shaking or being shaken at the time so there are plenty of unfocused bugs or leafs in the shot.

The Photo of the Orbs I took was helped by throwing the cats into the tree.. Unfortunately, some of the leaf matter & a twig the cats shook loose in this shot are in focus, so it gives away the trick..

(anyhow, that's how the shot was taken )

dblj88.jpg

Just want to make it clear that I've seen an orb before with the naked eye, so I know they do exists.. Am a believer myself..

Orbs and an E.T! hahaha

Poor kitties...

:lol:

• Like 2

Beer orbs. Seriously guys this is the closest thing to orbs I have in my whole library. :lol: Hey - how are you guys getting your images to post up large? mine always come thru as thumbnails. What gives?

post-124811-0-72722000-1359486324_thumb.

• Like 2

Beer orbs. Seriously guys this is the closest thing to orbs I have in my whole library. :lol: Hey - how are you guys getting your images to post up large? mine always come thru as thumbnails. What gives?

I'm Upload my photo's to TinyPic http://tinypic.com/

Then adding them to the post by using the Image Function in the post editor..

1zd25ol.jpg

Once you have your photo's in tinypic, copy the URL to your Post and Vwalla, you can post full screen images and not just a thumbnail.