Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Write Your Own Ending

Walken

And then one of the ants said, "Hey man, screw this. Those termites have bullied us one time to often!"

And so a thousand billion ants ran through the feilds, killing termits brutally, and the termites were all like 'God no!' and the ants were all like 'MUAAHAHAHAH!' and then they all had slanted faces. hmm.gif

And then god said: "Walken, get out of here!"

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Walken

• Maelstrom5

• Saint

• Mr. Fahrenheit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ants stopped telling the story, their aching bodies tired of spinning the ancient folk yarn. Their parents and their parents before them had told them this story, and with each generation, they realized more and more that that was exactly what it was. A story. With the serene dream of the fictional garden, they laid their tired heads to rest.

And in the midst of all the stories, some ants became to believe in nothing. That means no thing and the human became just an illusion. You see they never had the experience of living in a garden and they began to think the thought was ridiculous. One ant was heard saying, "if you think we are going to be saved from this ant farm you are crazy" and yet some of the ants dreamed of what the garden would be like. Days, weeks, months (to an ant this feels like eternity) passed and the human would sit back and watch her beloved ants from a distance. One day she heard one say "if there really is a garden only certain ants will be allowed to go in". Some ants became afraid of the garden, hearing stories of huge flying creatures that ate ants. They appeared content in their home and carried on with their day to day ant lives. The stories of the ancient garden stopped but the human kept preparing it for them. She planted all kinds of different flowers and plants for them to experience and explore. The human was becoming who she knew to be, she remembered who she was. She was saddened that the ants forgot but she kept preparing for them. She knew that her ants had never experienced any other type of life.

One morning she decided that her work was done and she prepared to release them into the garden on their own free will. She had thought that some would refuse to go, so she decided to give them a choice. The moment she slid the plastic cover off the ant farm, she felt a pleasure she had never known. Most of the ants began to leave, some stayed in the farm. But by the end of the day, they all had left. Some even decided to leave their colony and they began out on their own journey. Their journey was long and hard but she respected them for it.

The next spring baby ants were being born and her neighbor came over. He said to her "my garden has become infested with ants, I don't know what to do". She just smiled and shook her head, she was aware of where they came from.

This human grew to love her garden more and more each day and once a year she had a picnic and invited all of the ants. She learned alot from those small ants, even the ones that got eaten by the huge flying creatures...

Heres an FYI for Anson tongue.gif Every year a section of my garden becomes a huge ant mound:w00t: BTW, I did this quickly at work so it may need some editing happy.gif

*waves to that silly angel who told us we should write together...better copyright this one original.gifwink2.gif

I'm a silly angel. Can I have the kiss? yes.gif

Now I have cooties happy.gif

• 10 months later...

Wanted to reactivate this little story for some new members hoping some of them might add their own ending.

We've had a lot of fun with this at my personal diary site. It's interesting to see how other's views come in to play based upon such a story.

Thanks in advance for you input. :)

And with that the story ended.

Part 4

I returned to the Ant farm today to discover that Sally and all the other ants that had spoken to me were either locked up in dungeons being constantly tortured, or had been crucified, or burned alive in bonfires. I can’t help but think that this is all my fault! I was the one who asked them to spread the word, but it looked like most of the other ants refused to believe and decided that they weren’t useful members of the ant society, hence they decided to get rid of the ‘crazy’ ants!

I decided to go for a walk to clear my head. I went into the garden and saw the splendour and beauty of nature. It really made me feel better. So, once I had regained my resolve, I re-entered the house and approached the ant farm with the intention of taking it outside. I guessed that if I placed the ant farm on the ground and tipped it over, then the ants whom had the courage and curiosity to leave the ant farm would go, while the others could just stay where they were. Imagine my horror when I looked into the ant farm and witnessed what had taken place in my absence…the ants had split into different factions and were waging war on one another. But crazily, it wasn’t a war between believers and non-believers, I found that almost all of them believed in me. The message I asked Sally to spread had gotten mixed up in the process (much in the same way Chinese whispers does!) and both factions believed in me, but they were disagreeing on little tiny differences. I was so shocked that I just stood there watching as they tore each other limb from limb. So many of my innocent little ones were caught in the middle and were killed that I could do nothing but weep.

Over the past few days, I have been trying to tell them to be peaceful, but lo and behold, most of them ignore me. It’s almost as if I don’t exist to them anymore.

I’m also having second thoughts about letting them into the garden. I’m afraid of what they’ll do to the other critters in there. Maybe I’ll just go collect the one’s who are peaceful and take them to the garden. I don’t know, maybe I’ll just watch and see how it pans out first.

• 2 months later...

and then the sprinklers went on

I made this for my blog

post-27975-1148957887.jpg

Edited by Bigfoot_Is_Real

I love them all and I hope they all will come and see the wonderful place I have worked so hard in preparing for them...

I told her I'd be back again tomorrow. Until then, I'll stand back and watch from a distance.

Part 4

Please write your ending here.

I had intended to come back within a few hours, but unfortunately I was caught up watching the television. Before long, the sun set and I found myself dozing off in my easy chair. For the ants, I figured, an aeon must have passed in "ant-time." When the sun rose the following day, I hurried to the ant farm to gaze in and see how they'd fared.

Not well, I'm afraid to say.

Poor little Sally was nowhere to be found. I think I spotted some of her grandchildren, though. They didn't remember me, and in fact, they didn't seem to notice me at all. The ant community had broken into two factions: those that believed they would one day go with me to the garden, and those that mocked them for such a ridiculous belief. I couldn't help but notice that the ant farm itself had been divided; in my absence the ants had built a solid wall separating the upper level of the farm from the lower - a Berlin Wall of dirt particles. The ants on the upper level proclaimed that I, the Human, no longer existed and one even proclaimed to the others that I was dead. (That particular ant was named Nietzche, and oddly enough he didn't last very long). The upper level ants considered themselves the enlightened ones, believing only that which was right before them - the dirt. It was real and they could manipulate it however they wanted. The ones trapped below looked to me through the glass sides, their faces mournful and silent. Not a one called out to me.

The line had been drawn in the sand, so to speak.

Several of the larger ants patrolled the perimeter of the wall and threatened to bite the heads off of any that dared to cross. Entire families of ants were torn asunder when the wall was raised. Their cries of despair saddened me, especially the older ones that remembered to call to me directly. They wanted me to intervene by removing the wall and taking them all to the garden where they and their loved ones would be together once again.

I almost relented, but then something stopped me. Curiosity, perhaps. How far would they go? Sure, I felt sorry for the ants that wanted only peace and the promise of my garden, but I had to admit that watching the larger, angrier ones make war was slightly more entertaining. Letting them go on with their plans for a few more hours wouldn't hurt anything, would it? If it got bad, I'd put an end to the fighting.

Fifteen minutes passed. Armies of ants amassed before my eyes. The ones on the upper level brandished their pincers and prepared to defend their side of the wall as the ones down below dug relentlessly at it. I could have opened the farm and let them back into the garden, but instead I chose (again) to wait and see how they would resolve this growing conflict. Besides, I was more than a little miffed that many of my little friends had simply forgotten about me and mocked my lovely garden. Maybe after the last battle was over, the ones that remained would actually be grateful when I finally took them to the wonderful place I'd made for them.

Just as the ants from the lower level breached the wall, my cell phone chirped. The caller ID said it was Moses. I tore my gaze away from the impending battle and took the call.

"So, Anson, how're the ants doing? Noah tells me you're still working on your garden."

"Well, the garden's coming along nicely. The ants? I'm not sure. They seem to be fighting a lot lately." I released a breath I didn't know I was holding. What I didn't tell Moses was that the fighting was probably all my fault. However, Moses was an intuitive kind of guy who seemed to sense my thoughts.

"Maybe you should just tell them to knock it off, or else," he suggested. "Give them rules to follow - IF they want to go to the garden."

It sounded like a good idea, but would my little friends bother to listen to me at this point? I told Moses that I'd think about it. He wished me good luck and rang off. I took out a pad of paper and scribbled down ten reasonable, easy-to-understand rules for the ants to go by, hoping it would help them re-learn how to better get along. I taped them to the sides of the ant farm and went back into the house for a glass of water, giving them some time to consider my new rules of conduct. I found myself in front of the television again (Dr. Phil was on and it was a really good one). I dozed off and before I knew it, several hours had passed.

I woke up from my nap at sunset. Remembering the ants, I hurried outside to check on them. I crossed my fingers that they had decided to abide by the rules, change their ways and live together in peace. When I laid eyes on the ant farm, my breath caught in my throat.

The rules I'd stuck to the glass had blown away in the wind and were nowhere to be found. Ants were killing each other. Somehow, large, poisonous red ants had gotten into the farm(or maybe, I wondered, they'd been there all along and had somehow evolved and taken over). The larger, meaner red ones bit off the heads and legs of the poor, helpless black ants, while still others watched, some with glee and some with horror. The black ants, still divided amongst themselves, couldn't agree on the best way to fight off the red ones. I saw then that they would never get it together and present a unified front. All that mattered to them was the stupid wall they'd built to segregate their little world and their belief system. So, fed up, I reached for the lid. I closed my hand around it and lifted, fully intending to intervene this time. Once the lid was torn off, I dumped all of the ants and all of the dirt onto the ground.

But to my dismay, it was too late.

All the ants were dead, save for two - a red one and a black one, their pincers still locked in battle. The black one cried out for me to help even as the red one was telling him I didn't exist. Then, before I could stop it, the red ant bit off the the other's head, spat it out and looked up at me.

"Was this what you wanted, Human?" He stared at me, his multi-faceted gaze defiant. "You promised us a rose garden but you never did deliver. Now look what you've done." The ant, now free, began to amble off toward a nondescript pile of dirt.

"This isn't MY fault," I said, becoming angry. "This is YOUR doing. I gave you all a home. All you had to do was live in peace with each other until the garden was prepared. Why was that so hard?"

The ant shrugged. "You can't make a promise and then forget to keep it. You slacked off. You forgot about it. You forgot us."

"But I didn't forget. I was watching all along. And," I pointed out, "you can see me. Am I not real? I can still take you to the garden, if you want."

The ant laughed. "No thanks. I'll die soon and then no one will ever remember you. Who needs your stupid, illusory garden when there's all this perfectly real, perfectly sane dirt?" He burrowed into the ground, disappearing forever.

I began to cry, knowing the ant was right. I had been lazy, procrastinated, waited far too long. I should have intervened, but instead I chose not to.

No wonder they had forsaken me.

Oh, well. Perhaps, just to make things right, I'll go get a couple more ants from Noah and start another ant farm in the morning.

Edited by Maelstrom5

Maelstrom5 - You are a great writer!!! Thank you so much for your input.

I hope others will continue to put in their 'two cents'. :P

Thanks, Anson, hope you liked it. Interesting allegory, to say the least.

Thanks for the challenge! :tu:

- Jillian

• 1 month later...

Part 4

But when it came time to take all the Ants to the garden, I was saddened to see that none wanted to come. Jim had convinced them all that I was not who I said I was and so much time had passed that their prison had become their chains.

They didn't want to leave and they didn't believe in my promises about the garden filled with strawberries and all the colours in the world. Jim wanted to know why someone as omniscient as I had to take so many aeons to prepare a place - Must admit I could find no answer to that.

The Ants were condemned to live in an ugly place filled with dull brown sand and uninteresting tunnels because my ego had insisted on testing them, but at the end of the day, I was substantially the loser because I had created a race of blinkered, narrow-minded creatures who no longer believed the world held colour, love and beauty.

I had tested their patience too far.

and then Jim the ant convicened at the ants that the human was going to eat them. So the ants made bombers and escaped from the ant farm. Then climbed all over the kid and then they detonated their bombs all at once and killed the kid. And then the kid's mom got the ant spray and killed all the ants. She then ground the ants' bodies into powder and baked a cake with the powder. she donated the cake to some homeless people.

Edited by pyrokinetic_1

• 3 weeks later...

*giggles*

So.... who's next?

Why don't you write another one? And we can offer a new ending.