Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Musicians?

Drego

Does anyone else on here play a musical instrument? (So far) I play drums/percusion, guitar, bass guitar, baritone (horn) and cello.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Drego

• distortedpandy

• Mr Slayer

• FrankBlunt

Hence the fact that only one person has replied in over 24 hours :P

Thank you for replying though. What do you play?

Does anyone else on here play a musical instrument?

My main instrument is guitar, but also bass, keys, percussion, and vocals.

I can play spoons

:lol:

I play guitar, mandolin, and a bit of piano.

Also, as of late, I've been making alot of music electronicly, using FL Studio 6.

I've been known to buzz a tuba, pluck a guitar, and strum a drum. Please, no tuba innuendo.

Thanks,

Band Geek Extraordinaire

Strum a drum? WTF?

Okay, strike. It was two years in grade school that I played drums, so please feel free to file civil litigation for poor use of jargon.

Haha, I see....you're forgiven :P

My personal favorite among layman descriptions was by Richard Cheese, the king of lounge parody.

"...The guy who hits the thing with the thingies."

If you haven't yet, you should hear his version of "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails. If you can believe it, he's accompanied by a xylophone.

able to play anything but reed instruments and the trap drumset... good enough on trumpet to win a few contests and good enough on guitar to make a little bit of money at some local bars...

skins? Ah, congas? bongos? djembe? lol :P

btw, Had my first day at band camp today, (baritone) and got a look at the sets (marching positions - for you non-band nerds). Now I know I'm going to be in hell for the next two weeks. We have 14 days to learn 74 sets, so on average, we should learn 7-8 a day. We got 3 down.

Guitar is almost the ulimate instrument. That title, however, belongs to the Keytar.

Guitar is almost the ulimate instrument. That title, however, belongs to the Keytar.

These days, i think that the electric guitar is slightly overrated... The problem with the majority of lead guitarists is they let their ego get in the way of the music... Classical guitarists are more melodic etc. but they don't have their crotches pressed up to the front of the stage. Sure, the electric guitar can produce some nice riffs and melodies but without the bass and drums to back it up, you find that it is overrated...

My main instrument of choice is the bass... I picked up a beautiful Ibanez SRX for around 500 euros and started from there... The main problem is working up the callouses... but you can sure produce some beautiful melodies with it...

I have the utmost respect for anyone who plays an instrument though...

BTW Drippy... you're right about the keytar man

I've been known to buzz a tuba, pluck a guitar, and strum a drum. Please, no tuba innuendo.

Thanks,

Band Geek Extraordinaire

You don't strum drums :rofl: I toke the guitar, bang the bass :D , and am a self taught pianist.

I do vocals that have been called close to the styles of Amy Lee or sometimes Tarja. I am also the all-purpose whatever-Hvitar-wants-me-to-for-the-song girl of Surrealist Unreal, teehee.

These days, i think that the electric guitar is slightly overrated... The problem with the majority of lead guitarists is they let their ego get in the way of the music... Classical guitarists are more melodic etc. but they don't have their crotches pressed up to the front of the stage. Sure, the electric guitar can produce some nice riffs and melodies but without the bass and drums to back it up, you find that it is overrated...

BLASPHEMY! Just because some modern guitarists are lame doesn't take away from the fact that some of the greatest musicians ever(Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan) and greatest bands ever were all driven by electric guitar. Other instruments backing it up are great, but unnecessary if the guy really knows what he's doing.

I'm sorry I can't type right now. Or think right now.