Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texan Were-Wolf?

dancin'hamster

The following story is taken from a cracking little book called ‘Strange But True’.

‘A strange experience happened to me in July 1958, when my husband was away on business. I had pushed my bed close to a large window hoping to catch the cool breeze from a thunder storm which was gathering on the south-western horizon. It was stifling hot and I couldn’t seem to rest, but I snapped off the bedside light and lay quietly trying to go to sleep.

Finally I dozed off. How long I slept I do not know, but I awakened with a start. A feint scratching sound was coming from the screened window beside my face. I lay still staring at the screened window as the seconds ticked by. Suddenly a bright flash of lightening lit up the window for an instant. I gasped in horror. A huge, shaggy, wolf-like creature was clawing at the screen and glaring at me with baleful glowing eyes. I could see its bared white fangs.

I grabbed a flashlight from the bedside table (kept there in case of a power cut) and leaped from the bed. Then I shot the beam of light towards the window in time to catch another glimpse of the monstrous creature as it fled away from the open window, across the yard into a thick clump of bushes near the highway.

I watched for the animal to come out of the bushes, but after a short time, instead of a great shaggy wolf running out, the figure of an extremely tall man parted the thick foliage and walked hurriedly off down the road, disappearing into the darkness.

Cool prickles of fear ran over me. I closed the window and locked it. I slept with the light on for the rest of that night.’

Mrs D Gregg, Texas

blink.gif

oooooooooerrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what the 'eck was it?

A man in a hairy suit? A dream? A were-wolf?

Hammy x x x

PS - Cuffy sweetheart - it's a looooooooooooooooong way away from Manchester tongue.gif

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cufflink

• dancin'hamster

• Engulf

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

PS - Cuffy sweetheart - it's a looooooooooooooooong way away from Manchester  tongue.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Hammy, honeybunch, I don't believe a word of it. wink2.gif

aawwww Cuffy wink2.gif

I won't let the bad wolfie hurt you I pwomise!

Hammy x x x

I won't let the bad wolfie hurt you I pwomise!

Hammy x x x

laugh.gif

Just set the farty doggie on it. tongue.gif

PS - Cuffy sweetheart - it's a looooooooooooooooong way away from Manchester  tongue.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Hammy, honeybunch, I don't believe a word of it. wink2.gif

wub.gif .......... whistling2.gif

laugh.gif

Just set the farty doggie on it. tongue.gif

Spooky!

Was just about to say that we should dog-nap Winston and squeeze him grin2.gif

I've put his piccy up on the Castle thread if anyone is interested.

And Engulf sweetie.........we're just cyber-buddies - honest wink2.gif

Hammy x x x

Was just about to say that we should dog-nap Winston and squeeze him  grin2.gif

laugh.gif

Disturbing image or what? laugh.gif

Just don't squeeze too hard...