Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Re: do we exist?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 01 May 2002 - 05:28 AM

Ghostboo,
You asked us what we think, but haven't you heard that old phrase "I think, therefore I am"? We all can see, hear, taste, touch and smell, and we have emotions and memories. So how can you even ask that question? If this is all our imagination, then it would have to be EVERYONE elses imagination as well. Also, if this is our imagination we would have to exist to imagine it.

A better question to ask is what is our purpose or origins or something, but not IF we exist.

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#2    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 01 May 2002 - 07:28 AM

"Once upon a time, I, Chuang-tzu, dreamt I was a butterfly, flittering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly... suddenly I awoke... Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man."

How do we know if we are in a dream or not right now? How do we know that our current life isn't just a dream that we will wake up from into a higher reality when we die?

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#3    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 01 May 2002 - 02:56 PM

Dowdy,

WOW!  :s01

Odin S. :s9

#4    Mystify

Mystify

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 01 May 2002 - 04:18 PM

well... I know I exist. Whether or not this realm is the real one.... this is the one for which I know exist and live for. If for anyreason after my body dies and I move on to the next state of mind, body and soul and there is somewhere else to go.... THAT will be my knew realm of existance. As for now this is it.   I am here now and that`s all I know.

I'm here today because of the past, i respect my self and all i have become and there for i do not regret the road i've walked.

#5    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 01 May 2002 - 08:50 PM

:sj
in this idea  though another thought comes to mind if we exist for someone else or as in' the matrix' we exist purely for energy would you want to the 'red pill' to find the truth.... at least i think it was the red pill? :sr

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#6    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 02 May 2002 - 03:34 PM

If I don't exist, SO WHAT! I live the way I like it.

Odin S. :s9

#7    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 02 May 2002 - 09:55 PM

We all exist in as much as we think we exist.
It is, as homer points out, a moot question as Humankind invented the word "exist", in whatever language, to describe our existance. "What is our existance?" would be a better question, but one that i feel we won't ever figure out...

never take me too seriously

#8    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 02 May 2002 - 11:01 PM

:sk in the end though I have to agree with Odin.

As you pointed out P.S it's one questiom we will never work out so as Odin says 'I live the way I like it' :s04

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users