Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

White bigfoot

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:38 AM

There have been sightings of white big foots all over.

#17    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,777 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:38 AM

Don't get me wrong I think your theory is just as valid as any when it comes to bigfoot, but...how do you account for the rarity of white bigfoot sightings? Or are you saying Bigfoot is rarely seen during the winter?

#18    pokingjoker

pokingjoker

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

I truly cant say as to rarer sighting in winter vs. fall spring and summer. With no data to support im only making an educated guess as most sight would occur during nicer weather as most people tend to stay indoors or closer to home not trekking through the wilderness in the winter months. So again i think its we are  simply were dealing with a subspecies of Bigfoot.

#19    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:52 AM

Ok, so we have a newly discovered Arctic Bigfoot.........I wonder if this one occasionally sodomizes Polar Bears and Elephant seals?

#20    pokingjoker

pokingjoker

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:03 AM

Its sad when a valid thought / question is brought up , and half the comments are flammers, sarcasm, and people just typing crap to be funny.  Perhaps im of the wrong mind thinking people here would like to discuss and brainstorm or would we all rather poke fun at everyone else? And we wonder why more people dont share their thoughts experiences or ideas. This supports why so many sightings be it paranormal, ufo, cryptology, go unreported or shared.

#21    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,267 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

View Postpokingjoker, on 20 March 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

This supports why so many sightings be it paranormal, ufo, cryptology, go unreported or shared.
True that. But, unreported yes, unshared not necessarily, stay tuned.....

Edited by Stardrive, 20 March 2013 - 04:17 PM.

Posted Image

#22    odiesbsc

odiesbsc

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

• Some folks drink from the fountain of knowledge. Some folks just gargle and spit it out.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

View Postpokingjoker, on 19 March 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

i was recently watching the Pennsylvania 2010 white Bigfoot video and it got me thinking. Most people ive seen watched or read believe the white coloring is due to either old age or possibly albinoism  old age i could see, albino.... come on its pretty rare and what are the odds that a person sees a rare creature with a very rare genetic disorder, doesn't fit in my eyes. So i got wondering wouldn't it be more likely that the coloration is a genetic issue but not a disorder but more likely a beneficial agent. i saw a map, its accuracy i dunno but it showed the majority of white sightings were around the great lakes and a bit south Kentucky etc.. So isn't more likely they just change color kinda like fox's, hares, or caribou?  what do you all think?

I don't think they change colors according to the season. The ones I saw was in the last part of November in Oregon and they were dark brown, almost a black color.

Odie

As you slide down the water slide of life, may none of your swimming suits give you a permanent wedgie.

~Ancient Polynesian Greeting~

If the teacher has no DNA testing apperatus, you're probably safe blaming the booger you wiped on her computer screen on someone else.

~American Defense Lawyers' Ethics Training Book for Children~

#23    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,267 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

View Postpokingjoker, on 19 March 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

So isn't more likely they just change color kinda like fox's, hares, or caribou?  what do you all think?
As they age their hair gradually turns grey or white, just like mine is.....

Posted Image

#24    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 9,124 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"
    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

I hope nobody finds an 'unexplainable' shaving kit deep in big foot country

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#25    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,634 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

View Postevancj, on 20 March 2013 - 01:32 AM, said:

Like snowshoe hares, arctic fox, or weasels?
But those don't live in Kentucky...

Most likely theory (if you assume Bigfoot is real) is old age.

I've read of some bigfoot that are were supposedly all white, and some that were partly white, like where a man's hair goes "salt and pepper" with white hair in with the colored hair.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#26    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

Why can't bigfoot simply vary in color, like bears, and whitish ones occur around a certain area as you stated in the OP: Great Lakes.  Just like the spirit bears of BC?
You'd really have to do a study of white bigfoot sightings to theorize anything.
If due to age, unless they die young, wouldn't there be more sightings over a greater area? Would bigfoot live longer in the Northern or Southern U.S.?
As far as camouflage and winter around the Great Lakes in the U.S and as far south as Kentucky? Idk. A white coat would be more obvious than serve as camouflage, imo.
Maybe they're from father north migrating down, and it's a trait that hasn't changed due to their new environment.
We're talking Yeti here aren't we? But It lives where a winterwhite coat would be advantageous.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 20 March 2013 - 09:00 PM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#27    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,777 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

View Postpokingjoker, on 20 March 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

I truly cant say as to rarer sighting in winter vs. fall spring and summer. With no data to support im only making an educated guess as most sight would occur during nicer weather as most people tend to stay indoors or closer to home not trekking through the wilderness in the winter months. So again i think its we are  simply were dealing with a subspecies of Bigfoot.

I don't pay pay to much attention to the bigfoot websites, but I know some of them have quite extensive sightings databases. Perhaps you or someone else who is more interested than I could do a bit of research, and find out how rare white bifoot sightings are, locations, and time of year they were seen.

I think Stardrive, DieChecker, or QuiteContrary's theories (old age, color variant/phases) would be most likely.

However...IMO bigfoot already breaks so many natural, and primatological laws, why not add seasonal color changes too them?

Interesting topic. Thanks for posting it! :tu:

#28    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

I can see a primate greying out as they age......uhm.........I'll take grey to bald, but while I can't rule out an albino Bigfoot, it seems it would stand out like a sore thumb. Much like albino deer do.

#29    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 13,063 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

View Postevancj, on 19 March 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

Sakari...is that you?

Maybe..... :innocent:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#30    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

Here is MKDavis' alleged (southern US) white bigfoot. He says they are unusual. I haven't watched it all, if he has more to add on white bigfoot.

http://www.museumoft...-white-bigfoot/

and more:

http://www.bigfootlu...ect-50-vhs.html

Edited by QuiteContrary, 21 March 2013 - 01:19 AM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users