Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Colossal Squid

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    LisaMHD

LisaMHD

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

• Do I smell lasagna??

Posted 07 April 2003 - 02:30 AM

A chainsaw maybe??  wacko.gif Or maybe a mider saw??  Awwwww heck, just drop the darn thing in a large hot tub for a couple hours, itll stop squirmin after a while. huh.gif                                                  

I will forever believe that anythings possible, no matter how crazy or unexplainable.

#17    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 10:10 AM

laugh.gif                                                  

#18    schadeaux

schadeaux

Ambiguitous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 03:36 PM

That's a LOT of sushi they got there.  Anyone got rice?                                                  

"To study and not think is a waste.
To think and not study is dangerous."
Confucius

#19    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• 2,067 posts

• Thanks to Universal Absurdity and The Barman for my new Groovy Dynamite Diva.....See UA & thebarman's Animated Avatar Workshop

Posted 09 April 2003 - 04:38 PM

Heres a Diagram of how big this sqid can get: wacko.gif
user posted image                                                  

#20    emmy

emmy

Psychic Spy

• 1,448 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 07:03 PM

EEEKK! Thats one big squid, no wonder I hate to go near the sea, things like this terrify me.                                                  

#21    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 07:10 PM

Damn, thats BIG.

But do not worry emmy, I'm here for you.                                                  

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#22    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 09:42 AM

Where gonna need a bigger Hot Tub . ohmy.gif                                                  

#23    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,902 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 10 April 2003 - 09:48 AM

It's amazing really, to think that such huge creatures exist in the depths.

It wasn't all that long ago when reports of giant 'sea monsters' with huge tentacles that could grab whole ships would have been laughed at as nonsense.

The Colossal Squid is truely a creature of 'Jules Verne Proportion', as a washed up corpse of one was famously described early last century.                                                  

#24    LisaMHD

LisaMHD

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

• Do I smell lasagna??

Posted 10 April 2003 - 10:46 PM

Hmmmmm, youre right Kismit, Id recomend a natural hot spring, but how the hell would we get it there??

Would a rocket launcher do the trick? biggrin.gif                                                  

I will forever believe that anythings possible, no matter how crazy or unexplainable.

#25    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 09:05 AM

Hmm we need bait . Who I mean what does one of those things eat ? huh.gif                                                  

#26    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• 2,067 posts

• Thanks to Universal Absurdity and The Barman for my new Groovy Dynamite Diva.....See UA & thebarman's Animated Avatar Workshop

Posted 11 April 2003 - 09:25 AM

Anyone got a Sperm Whale Handy??  laugh.gif
Or prehaps LB will give you his Balls (Oopps wrong thread) I mean Sweets, I'v heard Squid are partial to Murray Mints tongue.gif  tongue.gif  biggrin.gif                                                  

#27    LisaMHD

LisaMHD

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

• Do I smell lasagna??

Posted 11 April 2003 - 06:39 PM

No, I done have any mints or a Sperm whale(though I DO know whare to get sperm, laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif ) As far as who, Osama Bin Laden or Saddam Hussein would be good candidates. laugh.gif  tongue.gif                                                  

#28    orcafresh

orcafresh

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE (LisaMHD @ Apr 4 2003, 02:02 PM)
Cryptozoology.com also has an article on this Giant Squid.

Even though I am facinated with the deep oceans and whats down there, Ill pass on meeting this thing in person thank you.  Hmmmmm, maybe the reason we never see one of these things alive is because Megolodon is having them for dinner??   biggrin.gif

Interesting observation and theory.  I knew a sailor that was dating my sister-in-law's younger sister back in the early 1980s (after I had completed my military hitch) and he was a sub-mariner.  He couldn't talk about where his sub had gone on deployment because it was classified...but he told some mighty interesting stories about things seen on radar and noises. Some, which were later told to those witnessing, to forget or it was all down played by superior watch officers.

Maybe Megalodon does munch on sushi...  maybe? huh.gif                                                  

Regards,

orcafresh

The Mighty Mini-Con

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." -- Calvin Coolidge
orcafresh.net

#29    Tillghast

Tillghast

Forum Divinity

• 2,327 posts

• I'm rather unnatural

Posted 17 May 2003 - 03:06 AM

Imagine eating calimari from a giant sqiud. Can you say main course! smile.gif                                                  

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users