Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I Believe.

evpaustralia

http://youtu.be/SVRzUjG9mQ8

This is my YouTube video of EVP'S I have recorded here in Australia over time. Hope you enjoy .

Google spiritsbesideme in YouTube. Sorry for round about way to view video. Worth a watch . 👻👻👻

Edited by evpaustralia
  • Like 1

I find audio paradroila rather banal personally, do you have any convincing evidence you which to share?

• Like 4

Thank you for sharing, but unfortunately I would take everything with a pinch of salt, when it comes to spirits telling us things through EVP. Because, spirits are known to tell lies most of the time, and intend to cause confusion.

And, I am also sorry to say this but, I don't find your EVP to be genuine.

Spirit voices sound to me as if they have been imitated with an software effects pluggin, and also spirits do not talk for more than 1-3 seconds at a time, as they take a short break in between in a session because they use up their energy quickly!.

Closing comments on that video says a great deal to me. Much of it was overprocessed in an audio editor creating it's own questionable interpretation. There was also one example where cross contamination from peoples voices was submitted as evidence. I've heard some good examples before but this was rather unconvincing for me I'm sorry.

• Like 3

Much of it was overprocessed in an audio editor creating it's own questionable interpretation.

In your opinion, what does over processing do to audio? and in an over processed audio, did you mean compression was applied?

Edited by Hudds
  • Like 2

In your opinion, what does over processing do to audio? and in an over processed audio, did you mean compression was applied?

Overprocessing is typically found by abusing the "reduce hiss" filter. It can produce it's own pareidolia by something as simple as a low sampling rate from an inexpensive audio recorder. It can be quickly identified in an audio snippet by sounding almost robotic in nature.

Compression can also have it's own red herrings when snippets are processed from a compressed audio format into another compressed audio format. If you have an option to record directly into PCM wave I'd recommend it to minimize the impact in the editing process. My two present mainstays are a Marantz PMD 430 stereo analog cassette recorder, dedicated XLR cabling with dynamic/condenser phantom powered microphones and a pair of Zoom H2's one of them being a N series. On the H2's, I've turned off filtering entirely because that can also introduce issues that are a little lengthy to discuss in this thread. I record to PCM wav 44,000 Hz at 16 bit typically directly whenever possible. I never record to Mp3 unless I want to send a final cut to minimize dl/ul times. My best results seem to come from my Marantz. Adobe Audition is my preferred choice in editing. If you optimize your setup and use higher end recorders there is little need to filter. A small bit of amplification is necessary. Keep them as pure as possible.

BTW Hudds I have a 20 second EVP recorded in a theater from a great now defunct team that I use in presentations with their permission. It's definitely a Class B and deteriorates quickly as to what is being said. It's definitely a oddity. You are correct that most cryptic messages only last a few seconds but as you're aware, there are always exceptions to the rule.

Edited by evp

Overprocessing is typically found by abusing the "reduce hiss" filter. It can produce it's own pareidolia by something as simple as a low sampling rate from an inexpensive audio recorder. It can be quickly identified in an audio snippet by sounding almost robotic in nature.

I agree, your correct, as it's quite obvious with OP's EVP[quote name=evp' timestamp='1454818436'

post='5765813]

Compression can also have it's own red herrings when snippets are processed from a compressed audio format into another compressed audio format. If you have an option to record directly into PCM wave I'd recommend it to minimize the impact in the editing process. My two present mainstays are a Marantz PMD 430 stereo analog cassette recorder, dedicated XLR cabling with dynamic/condenser phantom powered microphones and a pair of Zoom H2's one of them being a N series. On the H2's, I've turned off filtering entirely because that can also introduce issues that are a little lengthy to discuss in this thread. I record to PCM wav 44,000 Hz at 16 bit typically directly whenever possible. I never record to Mp3 unless I want to send a final cut to minimize dl/ul times. My best results seem to come from my Marantz. Adobe Audition is my preferred choice in editing. If you optimize your setup and use higher end recorders there is little need to filter. A small bit of amplification is necessary. Keep them as pure as possible.

Correct, I also agree with your method :tu:

BTW Hudds I have a 20 second EVP recorded in a theater from a great now defunct team that I use in presentations with their permission. It's definitely a Class B and deteriorates quickly as to what is being said. It's definitely a oddity. You are correct that most cryptic messages only last a few seconds but as you're aware, there are always exceptions to the rule.

Yes, indeed, there are always exceptions to the rule.

I am very interested to listen to that EVP recorded in a theater, is if it's possible can you share it?

Edited by Hudds
  • Like 1

Sorry Hudds...I'm not blowing you off but I was only given permission to use it in presentations. If I was to share it on the net, that would be a breach of agreement. I appreciate the use and honor the original agreement.

Edited by evp

Sorry Hudds...I'm not blowing you off but I was only given permission to use it in presentations. If I was to share it on the net, that would be a breach of agreement. I appreciate the use and honor the original agreement.

That's OK, I can understand evp, I wouldn't want you to breach an agreement.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing, but unfortunately I would take everything with a pinch of salt, when it comes to spirits telling us things through EVP. Because, spirits are known to tell lies most of the time, and intend to cause confusion.

And, I am also sorry to say this but, I don't find your EVP to be genuine.

Spirit voices sound to me as if they have been imitated with an software effects pluggin, and also spirits do not talk for more than 1-3 seconds at a time, as they take a short break in between in a session because they use up their energy quickly!.

They def use alot of energy. My spirit box is so tiny and simple but uses new batteries up after only 5 minutes of it being turned on. Coincidence?

I find audio paradroila rather banal personally, do you have any convincing evidence you which to share?

Skeptics behind keyboards. Gets old.

Blind believers who claim things but after decades of documentation have no reliable pieces of evidence to keep their theories afloat. Gets old.

• Like 3

Blind believers who claim things but after decades of documentation have no reliable pieces of evidence to keep their theories afloat. Gets old.

You wouldn't believe and evidence if it was shoved down your throat. That's how close minded people work.

You wouldn't believe and evidence if it was shoved down your throat. That's how close minded people work.

False. I have changed my mind plenty of times, when presented by evidence. You crying and whining that I (and others like me) won't believe your silly, unprovable theories does nothing to actially further your theories.

Do you have evidence? If so, present it. If not, go cry somewhere else.

I agree. Don't get me wrong, I want to believe, oh how I want to believe! But I am a logical minded person, and do not submit myself to blind faith. I have seen enough fake EVPs and Photos to know that the odds of finding a real ghost are depressingly low. This is why I don't like to converse with hardcore ghost site users, many of them see pareidolia and scream ghost. No matter how well you prove to them that it is just a dust mote or insect. That is what I like about UM, there is a healthy amount of skepticism.

Experts without evidence. Gets old,

• Like 2