Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bizarre muppet-like beast discovered

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

Anyone have a source for the deformed baby side? I'm using my phone but can't find any info.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#17    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:28 AM

The body of the creature was taken back to the local camp, police later removed its corpse and a full forensics investigation is under way

Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#18    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

View PostDKO, on 20 November 2012 - 02:57 AM, said:

Anyone have a source for the deformed baby side? I'm using my phone but can't find any info.

Sure! Quite partial to a side myself. Here ya go!

Posted Image

Ohh, wait.......

Edited by psyche101, 20 November 2012 - 04:31 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#19    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,320 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:58 AM

Dang, if that's real that's a freaky picture.

#20    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 20 November 2012 - 04:28 AM, said:

Posted Image

Hahahahaha!!!!  Omg....  Hahahahahaha!!!

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#21    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

I think this has been discussed before. A lot of suggestions were made. The ones I remember are some kind of skinned rabbit to a deformed baby or fetus.

And am I the only who thinks that looks nothing like a muppet?

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#22    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/VaiseShepard/videos

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

View PostMisstreeDove, on 20 November 2012 - 05:41 AM, said:

I think this has been discussed before. A lot of suggestions were made. The ones I remember are some kind of skinned rabbit to a deformed baby or fetus.

No i too think it looks nothing like a muppet....if that thing came on my TV when i was young id still be in therapy

Posted Image

I’d rather trust and regret than doubt and regret:- Kirito

#23    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

View PostMisstreeDove, on 20 November 2012 - 05:41 AM, said:

I thought it looked a little like the Count from Sesame Street. Maybe a little bit in the eyes, ears and hair. Not so much in the mouth or nose.

Wouldn't title the news article that though.

Posted Image

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#24    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

Wonder what it is. Looks like a hairless ape.

#25    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,490 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

View Postwolfknight, on 20 November 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

Wonder what it is. Looks like a hairless ape.
We have one similar here:
Posted Image

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#26    Ravinoff

Ravinoff

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

It's a human with a form of anencephaly, as I said in another thread. Essentially, this is a deformation in which the braincase doesn't form. What you're seeing hanging behind the head is basically a mess of blood vessels, glial tissue and membranes.

#27    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,490 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

View PostRavinoff, on 21 November 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

It's a human with a form of anencephaly, as I said in another thread. Essentially, this is a deformation in which the braincase doesn't form. What you're seeing hanging behind the head is basically a mess of blood vessels, glial tissue and membranes.
"The locals tracked it to a nearby lair or nest where they found three more creatures of similar size." it seems as if there could have been a family of them, is this anencephaly genetic?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#28    Ravinoff

Ravinoff

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 November 2012 - 12:27 AM, said:

"The locals tracked it to a nearby lair or nest where they found three more creatures of similar size." it seems as if there could have been a family of them, is this anencephaly genetic?

Er, no. Generally, it's not even survivable, for obvious enough reasons. I'm thinking the claims that they found a nest were added to make a better story.

#29    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,490 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

View PostRavinoff, on 21 November 2012 - 01:07 AM, said:

Er, no. Generally, it's not even survivable, for obvious enough reasons. I'm thinking the claims that they found a nest were added to make a better story.
"The wounded creature attacked one of the shooting party and it was shot dead, the others escaped into the brush"
-------------------------------------
I imagine you are right, it seems strange that there is no major man hunt for the other creatures, not only by the locals, but by scientists from all over the world. And had there been a family of them, then surely they would have been spotted before.
because of this, i am getting the feeling this story has been faked. With all the well made fake stuff being posted everywhere, it would not surprise me if someone has staged this one too.
But it could also be a poor human hiding from the rest of the world because of this horrid deformity.

#30    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/VaiseShepard/videos

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 20 November 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

We have one similar here:
Posted Image

Dum...dum.....duuuuum ^^ lol made me lol

Posted Image