Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My experience with an entity

GoPlayonAhighway

So I have always assumed that Ghosts and the Spirit World were made up fantasies, like Santa Clause or the Tooth Fairy. I thought the idea of seeing a ghost was ridiculous, and a person would have to be mentally ill in order to believe in such things. I have had experiences in my life that I can not explain, but I could always dismiss these as "tricks of the mind". I never had concrete, black and white proof of the paranormal, so in my mind, it did not exist. But after my stay in the cheapest, most run-down motel in the city, I am now a witness and a believer.

I needed a place to stay, so I rented a room at the "University Inn" for 1 month. Nothing strange happened at all for the first week or so. But whenever I was in the room alone, I would have the unmistakable feeling that somebody else was in the room with me. It felt like somebody was staring at me intensely, and I could not shake this feeling. It was a menacing feeling. It felt as though this presence meant me harm. I just chalked this up to being in a new place and shrugged it off. I was positive nobody else was in there, and I thought ghosts were just fairy tales, so I disregarded this overwhelming sense of a "presence" and went about my business.

A few more days went by, and I awoke in the middle of the night to use the restroom. I could feel the presence of something in the room more than ever before. I finished peeing, and walked into the kitchen and just stopped and stared at the cupboards. They were all open which I thought was odd, but not alarming. There was a single drinking glass in the cupboard above the sink, and it was catching my attention for some reason. All of a sudden, that drinking glass flew off of that shelf and shattered on the kitchen floor. It left broken chunks of glass all around my bare feet.

I know you are thinking "the glass probably just slid out of the cupboard" or "the shelves were uneven/unstable, so it fell out." I wish that was the case, but when I say the glass "flew" off the shelf, I mean it "FLEW". There was enough force behind it, that it traveled a good 5-6 feet before smashing on the ground. It did not "slide" or "fall". It flew off that shelf as if somebody pushed it. It was not the wind, or a neighbor banging into the walls. Something threw that glass at me.

I am not out to offer proof of the paranormal, nor change anybody's mind about what they believe or don't believe. I know what I saw, and felt. ANd I know that I am a believer now. After that, i would be lying if I said that Ghosts aren't real. I dont know what threw that glass. Whether it be a ghost, spirit, poltergeist, demon.etc.. I dont want to know! Still, I dont even want to admit that these things are real! It was easier being naive.

So take it for what it is. I was a skeptic who was not easy to scare, and now I believe there are forces in this world beyond our understanding.

Thanks for reading

Edited by observantbum
  • Like 5

Hi and welcome, Can you give us some more info about this University inn where you rented a room and had access to the kitchen area.

Thankyou, would like to check the place out.

• Like 2

University Inn

540 S. Water st.

Kent, Ohio 44240

(330)678-0123

I stayed on the first floor on the front side of the building facing S. Water st. I cannot recall the exact room number, but I want to say 111 or 112.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by observantbum
  • Like 1

I was on the first floor. It was the 3rd or 4th door on your left if you came from where the awning is.

card00489_fr.jpg

Edited by observantbum

University Inn

540 S. Water st.

Kent, Ohio 44240

(330)678-0123

I stayed on the first floor on the front side of the building facing S. Water st. I cannot recall the exact room number, but I want to say 111 or 112.

Thanks for reading!

I can not access their website, but :

The University Inn has: a fitness room, outdoor pool, laundry facility, secured entrance, courtesy guard on site, and 24-hour maintenance.

Nothing about a ghost or ghost sightings there, around the area, but none at the inn.

The area has a pretty bleak history:

http://www.forgottenoh.com/KentState/kentstate.html

• Like 1

university-inn.jpgthis is an inverted view of what the kitchen looked like. The stove and fridge were on opposite sides. But the cupboard above the sink is in the same place.

Shame you did not take the glass with you.

There are no reviews or comments about the place, so can not even read about other possible experiences. Looks like you are the first. There is also no website.

Name Address and ZIP code Type University Inn 540 South Water Street, Kent OH 44240 Hotel Phone Official website Opening hours (330) 678-0123 No website listed yet OPEN now

Wifi: Unknown, Parking: Unknown, Disabled access: Unknown,Alcohol: Unknown, Credit cards: Unknown

A lot of unknown, you can add your experience to that. Unknown how the glass flew off shelf.

That shooting is the only reason Kent State is still a major university. The campus is just the surface. Kent was the home of the Iroquoi and Hopewell Native American tribes. They were forced off their land and left curses and spells on it. No joke. Look up "Hopewell Burial Mound Mysteries" in Kent Ohio.

• Like 1

This is a ****ty, cheap, ghetto hotel. The place is infested with drugs, hookers, dealers, pimps, weapons, etc... The only "unknown" is why the police or fire department have not shut this place down yet

This is their FB page. It should work. I am sure they keep all of their building "issues" very quiet. They need more students to move in.

https://www.facebook...111278088906180

The facebook page tells nothing. A load of flowers, candles and foreign writing says nothing about the history of the building.

They need to update their website if they want more business. Can not see why they would keep their details quiet, thats not the best way to drum up business.

Their marketing skills are lacking.

If you are looking to call me a liar, go right ahead. I do not care if you believe me or not. I am not looking to convince or impress you.

And why in the bloody hell would I have taken a pile of broken glass with me when i moved out? Telling this story makes me look like a crazy person already! If I carried pieces of broken glass around as "evidence", then I would deserve to be made fun of.

You seem to be just like I was. It took a flying object to convince me that we do not understand what all is out there. Good LUck!

If you are looking to call me a liar, go right ahead. I do not care if you believe me or not. I am not looking to convince or impress you.

And why in the bloody hell would I have taken a pile of broken glass with me when i moved out? Telling this story makes me look like a crazy person already! If I carried pieces of broken glass around as "evidence", then I would deserve to be made fun of.

You seem to be just like I was. It took a flying object to convince me that we do not understand what all is out there. Good LUck!

You could have taken the glass to a medium.

I am not calling you a liar, I wanted to read up about the place and there is no info about any paranormal activity, hence why i said you must be the first.

There are a few stories in the area, see the link i put. I do not see how they are connected to curses, a few events occurred, the illnesses were very likely down to the asbestos, and there is the tragic shootings where 4 students were killed, again this was no curse.

You needed a place to stay, so why would a "curse" want to affect you?

I do not doubt you saw a glass fall or "fly" off the shelf, you say you had woken in the middle of the night, you could have been still very sleepy...i say that because you say the glass flew about 5 to 6 feet before smashing on the ground, the picture of the kitchen does not look that big.

A glass fell off the shelf, I have no problem with that, just unsure where the curse would come into this.

Why have you suddenly become all defensive? was it because I was not impressed with the facebook page?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

Why have you suddenly become all defensive? was it because I was not impressed with the facebook page?

They always freak out when they get questioned. You got it on the first page, too. Gold star for you.

• Like 3

They always freak out when they get questioned. You got it on the first page, too. Gold star for you.

It was going so well until the picture of the kitchen came up, there is hardly room to swing an ant, let alone a glass flying 5 to 6 foot across it.

Not sure what the facebook page was all about.smileys-confused-917847.gif

And then we get curses and spells, can a glass falling off a shelf be classed as part of a spell?

• Like 1

It was going so well until the picture of the kitchen came up, there is hardly room to swing an ant, let alone a glass flying 5 to 6 foot across it.

Not sure what the facebook page was all about.smileys-confused-917847.gif

And then we get curses and spells, can a glass falling off a shelf be classed as part of a spell?

Remember, it's an Indian curse, so it's extra scary. ghost.gif

• Like 1

This is a ****ty, cheap, ghetto hotel. The place is infested with drugs, hookers, dealers, pimps, weapons, etc... The only "unknown" is why the police or fire department have not shut this place down yet

I take it you are not part of their marketing team?

I had an experience with aliens once....

One tried to mow my yard while the other was spouting off about needing more "Lemon Pledge".

Thank You!!!

Edited by Ralaman

Wait..........you're not looking to impress me?

Well damn......

HA!!!

i am not saying the glass on the shelf had ANYTHING to do with the Curses. I dont even know if there are any curses. I do know that when a crew went to excavate a burial mound in Towner's Woods (in Kent Ohio), they stopped after one day, and most of the crew refused to go back on the job site. Details are sketchy, but there was a newspaper article about how they had moved tons and tons of dirt with a backhoe in order to get artifacts and bones. And when they came back the next day the dirt had been put back where it was. Maybe it was just environmentalist protestors, but the paper made it sound as if a group of people with shovels would not have been capable. I cant say one way or the other because I wasn't there...

And I don't believe in Mediums, I think 99% are con artists, so I would never waste the time or money taking a pile of broken glass to a gypsy so I can get shaken down. You are assuming that I care about this glass in the first place. I left that place with a week to go on my lease, and only came back to grab my belongings. This hotel is run by, and occupied by criminals. Criminals don't care about paranormal activity. They care about Police activity. I am going to assume that you live in a nice area, because listening to you criticize the "University Inn" for not having an up to date website, just sounds arrogant. You are talking about a place that has holes in the walls, and is mainly used by people to sell and or inject drugs. So yes, their "marketing skills" may not be up to your standards.

And p*** off "imaginarynumber1" I am not trying to convince anybody of ANYTHING. I am getting defensive because I feel as though my experience is being looked upon as a lie. I told the honest truth about everything that happened in that room. And when I write about my personal experiences, I do not take kindly to being called a "liar". Even by passive aggressive close minded individuals that talk about taking "broken glass" to mediums. And the tile on the kitchen floor does come at least six feet out from the wall, passed the bathroom door until it meets the carpet for the bedroom. Your assumption about the size of the kitchen truly shows your arrogance.

I believe you. It was an evil spirit. This is how spirits are in the afterlife without God. We need Jesus, the Son of God as our Savior to be delivered from this evil.

• Like 1

i am not saying the glass on the shelf had ANYTHING to do with the Curses. I dont even know if there are any curses. I do know that when a crew went to excavate a burial mound in Towner's Woods (in Kent Ohio), they stopped after one day, and most of the crew refused to go back on the job site. Details are sketchy, but there was a newspaper article about how they had moved tons and tons of dirt with a backhoe in order to get artifacts and bones. And when they came back the next day the dirt had been put back where it was. Maybe it was just environmentalist protestors, but the paper made it sound as if a group of people with shovels would not have been capable. I cant say one way or the other because I wasn't there...

And I don't believe in Mediums, I think 99% are con artists, so I would never waste the time or money taking a pile of broken glass to a gypsy so I can get shaken down. You are assuming that I care about this glass in the first place. I left that place with a week to go on my lease, and only came back to grab my belongings. This hotel is run by, and occupied by criminals. Criminals don't care about paranormal activity. They care about Police activity. I am going to assume that you live in a nice area, because listening to you criticize the "University Inn" for not having an up to date website, just sounds arrogant. You are talking about a place that has holes in the walls, and is mainly used by people to sell and or inject drugs. So yes, their "marketing skills" may not be up to your standards.

And p*** off "imaginarynumber1" I am not trying to convince anybody of ANYTHING. I am getting defensive because I feel as though my experience is being looked upon as a lie. I told the honest truth about everything that happened in that room. And when I write about my personal experiences, I do not take kindly to being called a "liar". Even by passive aggressive close minded individuals that talk about taking "broken glass" to mediums. And the tile on the kitchen floor does come at least six feet out from the wall, passed the bathroom door until it meets the carpet for the bedroom. Your assumption about the size of the kitchen truly shows your arrogance.

Nobody has called you a liar. Questions have been asked and observations have been made, but nobody has called you a liar. Does your story stretch credulity? Oh course it does, you're talking about ghosts and hauntings. That doesn't mean you're LYING, per se. I'm sure that something fell off of the shelf and broke, for example, I'm just not convinced any paranormal activity has taken place, yet. I don't doubt your claims, I doubt the conclusion that something mystical has gone down.

However, your rage at the gorilla-lord is interesting. If you're not trying to convince anyone of anything, why bother posting at all? This is a discussion forum, wherein things will be discussed. Some people will believe you, some will not, but nothing is going to be blindly accepted at face value.

• Like 2

So I have always assumed that Ghosts and the Spirit World were made up fantasies, like Santa Clause or the Tooth Fairy. I thought the idea of seeing a ghost was ridiculous, and a person would have to be mentally ill in order to believe in such things. I have had experiences in my life that I can not explain, but I could always dismiss these as "tricks of the mind". I never had concrete, black and white proof of the paranormal, so in my mind, it did not exist. But after my stay in the cheapest, most run-down motel in the city, I am now a witness and a believer.

I needed a place to stay, so I rented a room at the "University Inn" for 1 month. Nothing strange happened at all for the first week or so. But whenever I was in the room alone, I would have the unmistakable feeling that somebody else was in the room with me. It felt like somebody was staring at me intensely, and I could not shake this feeling. It was a menacing feeling. It felt as though this presence meant me harm. I just chalked this up to being in a new place and shrugged it off. I was positive nobody else was in there, and I thought ghosts were just fairy tales, so I disregarded this overwhelming sense of a "presence" and went about my business.

A few more days went by, and I awoke in the middle of the night to use the restroom. I could feel the presence of something in the room more than ever before. I finished peeing, and walked into the kitchen and just stopped and stared at the cupboards. They were all open which I thought was odd, but not alarming. There was a single drinking glass in the cupboard above the sink, and it was catching my attention for some reason. All of a sudden, that drinking glass flew off of that shelf and shattered on the kitchen floor. It left broken chunks of glass all around my bare feet.

I know you are thinking "the glass probably just slid out of the cupboard" or "the shelves were uneven/unstable, so it fell out." I wish that was the case, but when I say the glass "flew" off the shelf, I mean it "FLEW". There was enough force behind it, that it traveled a good 5-6 feet before smashing on the ground. It did not "slide" or "fall". It flew off that shelf as if somebody pushed it. It was not the wind, or a neighbor banging into the walls. Something threw that glass at me.

I am not out to offer proof of the paranormal, nor change anybody's mind about what they believe or don't believe. I know what I saw, and felt. ANd I know that I am a believer now. After that, i would be lying if I said that Ghosts aren't real. I dont know what threw that glass. Whether it be a ghost, spirit, poltergeist, demon.etc.. I dont want to know! Still, I dont even want to admit that these things are real! It was easier being naive.

So take it for what it is. I was a skeptic who was not easy to scare, and now I believe there are forces in this world beyond our understanding.

Thanks for reading

This is weird. Just tonight I was at a gas station talking to the clerk I know and we were the only ones in there. About 12 feet to the south near the soda fountain all the cups are stacked horizontally nested together to be pulled out as you would to fill yourself a soda. While we talked, one of the cups shot out from the nested group and landed on the floor kind of near me. I looked and for just a fraction of a second in my mind's eye I thought I saw someone standing there. The clerk was moving from behind the counter faster than me to go pick it up, as I too was moving to do the same to "hand it back to the person who dropped it". But there was nobody there. The clerk was in a better position to see what happened and when I asked what happened he said he saw the cup "shoot out" away from the group and hit the floor. It was pretty loud and had some force behind it when it landed. When I left, the clerk was shaking. Early in the day as I was talking to my son while we watched the evening news, I said kind of a crass comment about a politician that was on that I regretted as soon as I said it because it was just mean to say really. Right at that moment, the swivel chair I was sitting in, that's kind of hard to move actually, gave a swift jerk and started oscillating right and left.

My son as typical of men, actually saw it happen and I immediately commented on it; where he just said something like "whatever, I didn't see anything". But the gas station thing is funny becuase the kid is one of his peers and when I tell him what happened there, the kid will back me up. He was pretty shaken up about it when I left. Some people have trouble accepting what happens right in front of their eyes I guess.

• Like 1

Nobody has called you a liar. Questions have been asked and observations have been made, but nobody has called you a liar. Does your story stretch credulity? Oh course it does, you're talking about ghosts and hauntings. That doesn't mean you're LYING, per se. I'm sure that something fell off of the shelf and broke, for example, I'm just not convinced any paranormal activity has taken place, yet. I don't doubt your claims, I doubt the conclusion that something mystical has gone down.

However, your rage at the gorilla-lord is interesting. If you're not trying to convince anyone of anything, why bother posting at all? This is a discussion forum, wherein things will be discussed. Some people will believe you, some will not, but nothing is going to be blindly accepted at face value.

I guess I thought this site was for more open-minded people. I did not expect to have my experience picked apart and analyzed by people who seem to be on a mission to debunk anything they do not understand. I was writing from memory, and when strangers are saying that my memory is not true, my initial reaction is anger because I feel as though I am being insulted.

My "rage" towards the guerilla was about the condescending, arrogant attitude that was shown right from the start. I tend to forget that none of you know me in person. If you did, you would realize that I am not the type of guy to spin wild tales and lies for his own amusement. You would also realize that I do not tolerate disrespect from anybody. People who know me respect me as a man, and also know not to cross the line with me. I am new to blogging and I ignorantly assumed that I would be treated the same way online as I am in real life. I was wrong.

My experience was not taken from a movie or novel. It was not entertaining or even that scary. I am not making money from this, I am not looking for "friends" or "followers", and i am DEFINITELY not pushing my own religious agenda, so I have no reason to stretch the truth. What I saw defied all the laws of physics and gravity. Objects do not move in that manner without some outside force applied. Pick that apart all you want, but none of you were there.

• Like 1

Wow this got heated :P I thought I was just going to read about a cool experience, but instead its a whole thread battle!

Dont take it to heart! although this website would appear to be welcoming to people sharring experiences, its mostly just full of skeptics.

It's hard to accept things that cant be explained...maybe it was supernatural, maybe it wasnt. Pretty neat experience though! :)