Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why haven't aliens found us yet ?

UM-Bot

oh they found us long time ago ...and now they are sitting back and laugh at us . We are their entertainment while they eat space Popcorn :w00t:

• Like 5

"Intelligent life should have evolved millions of years sooner than we did"

Why? In round figures, the highest forms of life on Earth were single celled marine creatures for three billion years. By some accident, multicellular critters appeared. For the next 600 million, there was nothing on Earth smarter than maybe a parrot or a dog. Then for maybe the million years that we humans have been around, we had not even invented the windmill let alone flight or stuff in orbit.

A slight delay in going from single cells to multi-cells, from multi cellular marine animals to land, or developing intelligence and your average alien life might be as intelligent as a tree or just smart enough to use a stick to scratch itself.

Life on other planets is possibly so rare that planets with life could be many thousands of light years apart, and undetectable from this neck of the woods. Add the likely improbability of intelligence and we could be the smartest jokers in the Galaxy. (Depressing, isn't it?)

Now supposing there are aliens with interstellar flight a few thousand light years away and willing to leave the spouse & kids back on planet Fronky for donkey's years, while they go haring off in a tin can, why would they take off in this direction when they have an entire sphere of possible directions to go? They don't know we are here.

I like her shirt. Reminds me of one of my favorite songs

• Like 4

A slight delay in going from single cells to multi-cells, from multi cellular marine animals to land, or developing intelligence and your average alien life might be as intelligent as a tree or just smart enough to use a stick to scratch itself.

Agree with all you have suggested.....

As to the bold....we still have humans at this stage. :whistle:

• Like 4

I agree with Codenwarra`s suggestion....

It is also possible there is highly intelligent life out there, but due to their conditions, are nothing like human form, we tend to think that because humans are capable of inventions, we are highly intelligent.. yes, maybe on this planet. But we have had to evolve over time and all we invent is with products found on Earth, someone has an idea, they use the "tools" available and invent.

So if we are assuming another planet with life has gone through the same process of evolution and has the same "tools" as we have, then they will be "like us". Not so, they may not have the means to make rocket fuel, solid or liquid, maybe they have other means of travel....black holes, worm holes or they have found a loophole in "time" or maybe space travel is not possible for them at all and it is possible their mentality is nothing like mans: we are a curious race and will stop at nothing once we want to discover something, here it happens to be "out there".

But what about themselves? I do not believe, they would necessarily have 2 legs or 2 arms.....evolution have created us this way.

I do believe on the other hand we originally came from another planet, NO not on a spaceship, but as some form of molecule on an comet and over time, because of our climatic conditions which were ideal,......we evolved into humans.

We are constantly evolving, who knows what we will look like in centuries to come (assuming we have not nuked ourselves off here first)

As soon as life could have formed on our planet, it did. But if life formed so quickly on Earth and there was little in the way of water and carbon-based molecules on the Earth's surface, then how were these building blocks of life delivered to the Earth's surface so quickly? The answer may involve the collision of comets with the Earth, since comets contain abundant supplies of both water and carbon-based molecules.

http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/faq/

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Who says they haven't been here and are still coming here.

• Like 2

As to the bold....we still have humans at this stage. :whistle:

And below that level as well! Millions of it! :yes:

• Like 2

I have always liked the ant in the jungle theory.

In a jungle there exists several millions of ants, consisting of hundreds of pounds of biomass, but the odds of any one individual ant ever seeing a Chinese or Dutch born native is very-very low.

This does not mean that Chinese or Dutch people don't exist, it just means that they are most likely sticking close to home and not trashing around tropical jungles and making themselves visible to the ants.

And keep in mind when people do take notice of ants it rarely ends well for the poor little ants.....

Edited by bubblykiss
  • Like 1

Who says they haven't been here and are still coming here.

3283932-picard_wtf_riker_i_know.jpg

Evidence.......and nooooo, someone dreaming they have been abducted, pricked with needles and probed is not evidence.

• Like 2

My sister in law claims she was abducted by aliens years ago!!! I wish they would return and take her again....

• Like 6

in all seriousness, if ET's really exist they are really very intelligent by hiding from us . They observe us and are probably scared that we will find them .

They probably feel hunted and are on the run from us ... imagine what Humans would do to them !

The question, couched from a purely human perspective, is: why haven't aliens who think like us found us? Let us hope such aliens never do. Social insects, such as termites and ants, do not get along particularly well. That being said, there's no reason to expect aliens to be anything like us, either technologically or in their evolution. The Galaxy alone is incredibly vast and we've inhabited but a tiny speck of matter in it for a very brief time. To aliens, if they exist, perhaps we are only crickets who have just begun chirping in the dark.

• Like 3

Another thing springs to mind. Many of the adults on this site either know, have met or at least physically seen someone who was born before the invention of radio or many of the technologies we see around us. My grandfather Bill married late, and so did his daughter, and I am in my late 60s. Bill was born in August 1887. The telephone was ~11 years old, the first two motor cars had been chugging around Germany for just over a year. The fastest transport on land was a steam locomotive, the fastest things on the roads were men on bicycles. He was a teenager when Marconi got his diddly-dahs across the Atlantic, the "City of Truro" locomotive cracked 100 mph and when the Wrights made their first flight. By the time he died in 1967, the structure of DNA was known, he could listen to cricket test match descriptions from England, airliners were routinely exceeding 400 mph and he knew of men and a woman orbiting the Earth.

That time span is not much in comparison to the age of the Earth or even recorded history. An alien surveying this planet from some distance in 1887 would not have seen much, and in 1807 even less. So even if they had passed by two centuries or so ago, they might not have seen much to attract their attention. Perhaps they decided to revisit whenever convenient, but it hasn't been convenient.

• Like 2

To narrow the search down, maybe an alien species would send out their own signal and wait for a response before committing resources to a physical visit. Maybe signal detection and willingness to respond is the level of technology they are looking for before striking up a conversation.

Maybe aliens think so vastly different that they have no emotional yearning to find or hunt down other life out there. It's possible for a species to achieve a high technical level for their own survival as we do but yet not have any emotions or perhaps are more similar to worker ants, just constant pursuit of science day and night without regard for anything else. Just imagine some 2 legged ants that are our size, they basically only keep to themselves and do their daily thing, adapting to the environment as it comes and if intelligent enough would just use technology to aid their adaption and colony growth with no regard for anything else...I definitely think the way we are is actually a detriment to our science. Our emotions can make us jealous or corrupt, selfish...etc. Money is our roots and our selfish need for entertainment and all the other non science things we do actually prevent us from achieving so much more.

Also, it's never really wise to interfere with nature when your just there to observe and learn. They could probably observe us from far away without us ever knowing. Especially with us being so aggressive and territorial. If we took something the wrong way, our fears would cause some moron to fire a gun at them, no doubt.

Edited by NightScreams

If they exist, they've seen us, and they're of higher intelligence...they might be thinking we're the Deliverance banjo folks of the universe and they just moved on.