Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Barack Obama"I will Confront Economic Crisis"

acidhead

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/11/07/o...#socialcomments

The United States is facing the "greatest economic challenge of our lifetime," president-elect Barack Obama said Friday, also assuring Americans that he would confront the economic crisis "head-on" immediately after taking office.

"We're going to have to act swiftly to resolve it," Obama, flanked by his new chief of staff and some of the nation's top business leaders, regulators and economists who comprise his transition team of advisers, told reporters in Chicago.

It was Obama's first news conference since winning Tuesday's election and came immediately after he met with his 17-member economic transition board to discuss the global financial turmoil.

The president-elect said he has asked his transition team specifically to work on some ideas to help the struggling auto industry, as well as a "rescue plan" for the middle class to create jobs and provide relief for "families that are watching their paycheques shrink and their life savings disappear."

He said it was an "urgent priority" to extend unemployment benefits, and called for another "long overdue" stimulus package to be passed before or after his inauguration.

"The American people need help," he said.

Where is he gonna get the money from?

Edited by acidhead43

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fluffybunny

• Aztec Warrior

• AROCES

• chemical-licker

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS IS BRILLIANT!!!

A stimulus package to address the slowing economy, I never heard this before. :rolleyes:

Why no mention of trickle up????????

I hope I get as much as last time...$1200.

I hope I get as much as last time...$1200.

Dont you live in mexico?