Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vimanas: 'Ancient' vehicles still around?

The Roswell Man

Jus wondering wether this 'ancient' machines could still be around and used by secretive society or sumthing? hmm.gif current thinking says some UFOs could be vimanas. any other thoughts

P.S now new crackpot, BS ideas plse rolleyes.gif

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Roswell Man

• Hotoke

• Athenian

• Stellar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the Vedic literature of India, there are many descriptions of flying machines that are generally called Vimanas. India's national epic, The Mahabharata, is a poem of vast length and complexity. According to Dr. Vyacheslav Zaitsev: "the holy Indian Sages, the Ramayana for one, tell of "Two storied celestial chariots with many windows" "They roar like off into the sky until they appear like comets." The Mahabharata and various Sanskrit books describe at length these chariots, "powered by winged lighting...it was a ship that soared into the air, flying to both the solar and stellar regions."

There are no physical remains of ancient Indian aircraft technology but references to ancient flying machines are commonplace in the ancient Indian texts. Several popular ancient epics describe their use in warfare. Depending on one's point of view, either it contains some of the earliest known science fiction, or it records conflict between beings with weapons as powerful and advanced as anything used today.

Some Puranic accounts of Air-Chariots

The Arthasastra of Kautilya (c. 3rd century B.C.) mentions amongst various tradesmen and technocrats the Saubhikas as ' pilots conducting vehicles in the sky'. Saubha was the name of the aerial flying city of King Harishchandra and the form 'Saubika' means 'one who flies or knows the art of flying an aerial city.' Kautilya uses another significant word 'Akasa Yodhinah', which has been translated as 'persons who are trained to fight from the sky.' The existence of aerial chariots, in whatever form it might be, was so well-known that it found a place among the royal edicts of the Emperor Asoka which were executed during his reign from 256 B.C. - 237 B. C. The Vaimanika Shastra (Hindi edn) refers to about 97 works and authorities of yore of which at least 20 works deal with the mechanism of aerial Flying Machine, but none of these works is now traceable. The Yuktikalpataru of Bhoja includes a reference to aerial cars in verses 48-50 and a manuscript of the work belonging to the Calcutta Sanskrit College dated at 1870 A.D. We are thus in possession of some manuscript material and from the above it appears that there were Vimanas or aircrafts in ancient India and they followed the route over the western sea i.e. Arabian Sea - Africa - Atlantic ocean - Latin America/Mexico, this being the shortest route. Some ships also might have followed this route, but most of the cargo ships, however, had to follow the longer route over the Pacific ovean via Indonesia - Polynesia - Latin America/Mexico because of the favorable trade winds and the equatorial currents which made the navigation easier.

And if the ancient Indians could perhaps boast of some form of air travel the Nazca lines of Peru acquire an added significance. Not only the scriptural references of aircrafts and the routes of navigation, even some base landing sites might have possibly been found in the tangled outlines and figures in the Pampas of Nazca. Maria Reiche, a German scientist, through her life-long dedication studied these seriously, preserved them from destruction and publicised them before the world. The huge figures which are visible from the sky might have helped the ancient pilots (Sauvikas) of India to land in Peru.

(For more information please refer to Chapters on Pacific, Suvarnabhumi, War in Ancient India, Hindu Scriptures and Seafaring in Ancient India).

The Nazca lines of Peru seem to be landing signal for the air chariots of pre-Colobian times. There are several references in Sanskrit texts about the Indian Vimanas carrying kings and dignitaries to pataldesa. Ramayana describes Ravana's flight from Varunalaya (Borneo) to Rasatala (Peru).

Prof. D. K. Kanjilal analyses the legend of the Matsya Purana (chapters 129) in his Vimana in Ancient India in the following words:

"Behind the veil of legend and scientific truth comes out that three flying-cities were made for and were used by the demons. Of these three, one was in a stationary orbit in the sky, another moving in the sky and one was permanently stationed in the ground. These were docked like modern spaceships in the sky at particular time and at fixed latitude/longitudes. Siva's arrow obviously referred to a blazing missile fired from a flying satellite specially built for the purpose and the brunt spaceship fell in the Indian ocean. Vestiges of onetime prosperous civilization destroyed in battles only flicker through these legends.

These references sharply point to the use of some kind of aerial flying vehicles known as Vimana apart from mechanical contrivances, armoured cars, various types of missiles etc. These references sounding queer and unscientific even in recent past have been approximated to the present-day technology through the innovation of highly sophisticated weapons and of the space-satellites like Mariner, Vostok, Soyuz, Aryabhatta etc. These facts require more than a passing notice.

The flying vehicles were firstly designated Ratha (vehicle or carriage) in the Rig Veda.

Vimanas possessed a very high speed. This aerial vehicle was triangular, large, 3-tier uneven and was piloted by at least three persons (tribandhura). It has three wheels which were probably withdrawn during aerial flight. In one verse the chariot is said to have three columns. It was generally made of anyone of the three kinds of metals, gold, silver or iron but the metal which usually went into its make up according to the Vedic text was gold. It looked beautiful. Long nails or rivets were attached to it. The chariot had three types of fuel. Possessing very fast speed, it moved like a bird in the sky soaring towards the Sun and the Moon and used to come down to the earth with great sound.

(source: The Indians And The Amerindians - By Dr. S. Chakravarti p.141-146). Also Refer to Vymanika Shashtra - Aeronautical Society of India. link

Edited by Hotoke

whoa. useful info here. yes.gif when i checked up info on atlantis a fews back i downloaded an prints wods of info about vimanas. one thing that stuck out woz a poets description in a poem from 1ad which sounded surprisenly like a nuclear war. and when archaeologist checked the area recently they found melted 'fused' artifacts and suggested that the only thing that could cause this was a nuclear bomb! i think woz dated to 5000+years cant remeber but still interesting if u search the internet tho ... hmm.gif

Edited by Magikman

You people are not the first fools who are going to destroy themselves, and certainly not the last...

when i checked up info on atlantis a fews back i downloaded an prints wods of info about vimanas. one thing that stuck out woz a poets description in a poem from 1ad which sounded surprisenly like a nuclear war. and when archaeologist checked the area recently they found melted 'fused' artifacts and suggested that the only thing that could cause this was a nuclear bomb!

Yes... it does sound alot like a nuclear war... "A single projectile charged with the power of the universe..."

However, the fused artifacts and all that could have been an asteroid impact. We really dont know which...

You people are not the first fools who are going to destroy themselves, and certainly not the last...

Excuse me? "You people"?

Excuse me? "You people"?

495526[/snapback]

tongue.gif Oops, Sorry about that... We are not the first fools who are going to destroy ourselves, and certainly not the last... thumbsup.gif

when i checked up info on atlantis a fews back i downloaded an prints wods of info about vimanas. one thing that stuck out woz a poets description in a poem from 1ad which sounded surprisenly like a nuclear war. and when archaeologist checked the area recently they found melted 'fused' artifacts and suggested that the only thing that could cause this was a nuclear bomb!

Yes... it does sound alot like a nuclear war... "A single projectile charged with the power of the universe..."

However, the fused artifacts and all that could have been an asteroid impact. We really dont know which...

i dont remember seein any crater or such

im also interested that the projectile by the 'fiercer' antlanteans as well tho im not sure if it was possibly another race dontgetit.gif (jus assumin if dis is all true of course) altho the antlanteans arent mentioned much and are protrayed as antagonist much of the time

Excuse me? "You people"?

495526[/snapback]

tongue.gif Oops, Sorry about that... We are not the first fools who are going to destroy ourselves, and certainly not the last... thumbsup.gif

495530[/snapback]

phew, thought it woz a personal insult! grin2.giftongue.gif

There doesnt necessairly have to be one, just as with a nuke there doesnt necessairly have to be one...

im also interested that the projectile by the 'fiercer' antlanteans as well tho im not sure if it was possibly another race dontgetit.gif (jus assumin if dis is all true of course) altho the antlanteans arent mentioned much and are protrayed as antagonist much of the time

Theres no mention of the atlanteans at all in the Mahabharata nor the Ramayana IIRC. Its actually something different... sounds similar to "atlantis/atlanteans" but its not exactly it.

There doesnt necessairly have to be one, just as with a nuke there doesnt necessairly have to be one...

Theres no mention of the atlanteans at all in the Mahabharata nor the Ramayana IIRC. Its actually something different... sounds similar to "atlantis/atlanteans" but its not exactly it.

495554[/snapback]

ye sorry dat woz it. i did my research sum time ago and i have some print outs at home. cant get 2 dem now coz im livin in uni area at the mo. i think the difference in spellin woz 'v' in dere sumwhere (jus cant remember dammit! no.gif ) however if it woz not a race of people, any ideas or clues wot they meant? blink.gif

i know what you mean. the people described the same effects that occured after a nuclear blast happened like hair falling of

495469[/snapback]

wot amazes me is the amount of info they deciphered so far.. and yet there is still a lot of text that hasnt been deciphered yet.

makes u think hmm.gif

wot amazes me is the amount of info they deciphered so far.. and yet there is still a lot of text that hasnt been deciphered yet.

makes u think hmm.gif

495574[/snapback]

Ah, Or is being refused to be deciphered... wink2.gif

We can learn and solve so much from our ancient pasts, yet we remain so deaf, stubborn, and lazy...

Edited by Athenian

The description of these machines in old Indian texts are amazingly precise. The difficulty we are faced with today is basically that the texts mention various metals and alloys which we cannot translate. We do not know what our ancestors understood by them. In the Amarangasutradhara five flying machines were originally built for the gods Brahma, Vishnu, Yama, Kuvera and Indra. Later there were some additions. Four main types of flying Vimanas are described: Rukma, Sundara, Tripura and Sakuna. The Rukma were conical in shape and dyed gold, whereas the Sundata were like rockets and had a silver sheen. The Tripura were three-storeyed and the Sakuna looked like birds. There were 113 subdivisions of these four main types that differed only in minor details. The position and functioning of the solar energy collectors are described in the Vaimanika Shastra. It says that eight tubes had to be made of special glass absorbing the sun’s ray. A whole series of details are listed, some of which we do not understand. The Amaranganasutradhara even explains the drive, the controls and the fuel for the flying machine. It says that quicksilver and ‘Rasa’ were used. Unfortunately we do not yet know what “Rasa’ was. Ten sections deal with uncannily topical themes such as pilot training, flight paths, the individual parts of flying machines, as well as clothing for pilots and passengers, and the food recommended for long flights. There was much technical detail: the metals used, heat-absorbing metals and their melting point, the propulsion units and various types of flying machines. The information about metals used in construction name three sorts, somala, soundaalika and mourthwika. If they were mixed in the right proportions, the result was 16 kinds of heat-absorbing metals with names like ushnambhara, ushnapaa, raajaamlatrit, etc. which cannot be translated into English. The texts also explained how to clean metals, the acids such as lemon or apple to be used and the correct mixture, the right oils to work with and the correct temperature for them. Seven types of engine are described with the special functions for which they are suited and the altitudes at which they work best. The catalogue is not short of data about the size of the machines, which had storeys, nor of their suitability for various purposes.

[attachmentid=12031]

The ruined sites of Parhaspur have been the scene of ‘divine’ air battles? Pyramids reminiscent of the Mayan pyramids in the Central American jungles in the center of Parhaspur.

In 1979 a book by David W. Davenport, an Englishman born in India, was published in Italy. Its title was 2000 AC Diztruzione Atomica, Atomic Destruction 2000. BC. Davenport claimed to have proof that Mohenjo Daro, one of the oldest cities in the history of human civilization, had been destroyed by an atomic bomb. Davenport shows that the ruined site known as the place of death by archaeologists was not formed by gradual decay.

Originally Mohenjo Daro, which is more than 5000 years old, lay on two islands in the Indus. Within a radius of 1.5 km Davenport demonstrates three different degrees of devastation which spread from the center outwards. Enormous heat unleashed total destruction at the center. Thousands of lumps, christened ‘black stones’ by archaeologists, turned out to be fragments of clay vessels which had melted into each other in the extreme heat. The possibility of a volcanic eruption is excluded because there is no hardened lava or volcanic ash in or near Mohenjo Daro. Davenport assumed that the brief intensive heat reached 2000 degree C. It made the ceramic vessels melt.

He further says that in the suburbs of Mohenjo Daro skeletons of people lying flat on the ground, often hand in hand were found, as if the living had been suddenly overcome by an unexpected catastrophe.

In spite of the interdisciplinary possibilities, archaeology works solely by traditional methods in Mohenjo Daro. They ought to use the former, for it would produce results. If flying machines and a nuclear explosion as the cause of the ruins are excluded out of hand, there can be no research by enlarged teams with physicists, chemists, metallurgists, etc. As the iron curtain so often falls on sites that are important in the history of mankind, I cannot help feeling that surprising facts endangering existing ways of thinking might and should be discovered.

post-11740-1109006161.jpg

Edited by Hotoke

gosh blink.gifw00t.gif that proves my point so much info... where u gettin ur info from? dontgetit.gif a lot of these seem familar.

Edited by Magikman

All of it is nice and all, but at the end of the day, it would be nice to have an actual Vimana excavated, instead of having to rely on various interpretations of ancient texts.

All of it is nice and all, but at the end of the day, it would be nice to have an actual Vimana excavated, instead of having to rely on various interpretations of ancient texts.

498539[/snapback]

popular theory: hitler managed to get this technology out of india and is now residing in the hollow earth

this message does not reflect the opinion of the writer

Edited by Hotoke

498539[/snapback]

popular theory: hitler managed to get this technology out of india and is now residing in the hollow earth

498705[/snapback]

Or Argentina... Or Antarctica...

Anyway, I heard there is supposed to be a Space Alien artifact in the Lisan Peninsula in the Dead Sea?

Actually, Hitler was interested in the area... but the "hitler residing in the hollow earth" is a very unpopular theory.

India becoming a superpower, and its recent talks with other countries about UFO "coverups," or protection from the public has been in the news fairly recently - let me see if I can find the article...

In any event - it would seem that these people were technolgocally advanced - or in contact with some sort of otherworldly being which betowed upon them technology or means to build technology beyond their reckoning.

The issue of india is a sensitive one - since foreign governments are asking them not to reveal the UFO issue to their people, whereas if the people found out their government withheld information from them, the government would be swiftly kicked out.

--

A 'nuclear blast radius' also was found in the sahara near egypt - the sand was ultra heated - enough to make it glass - and it met the characteristics of a nuclear weapon detonation. It could have been buried under sand for some time and revealed because of desert winds - or it could have been a recent happening, who knows. That's the thing about egypt - the sand distorts all time.

I believe these ships could have been - because just look at the recent explosion in technology over the past generation. Look back even just 10 years. I saw a computer pamphlet from probably 7 years ago. A 386 was thousands of dollars - it was top of the line. A Tandy. Think just a hundred years back.

If ancient civilizations delved into science (sans the western materialism which lead to industrial revolution), and based their society around scientific revelation - of course these things would be possible. Perhaps the dissapearence of these people was because they developed such great technology, but decided that they didn't like the other occupents of earth - how much fighting they did, etc. so they decided to leave rather than risk having their beautiful creations turned evil (almost like the scientist who doesnt want to publish an idea for fear the army would get wind of it and want to make it a weapon)

Perhaps, perhaps. It is very interesting if nothing else, and wish to read more about it, which I will do now. grin2.gif

498539[/snapback]

this message does not reflect the opinion of the writer

498705[/snapback]

It's also a theory that the rumored TR-3B triangle got it's propulltion system from the ancient Vedic texts.

498539[/snapback]

498705[/snapback]

Or Argentina... Or Antarctica...

Anyway, I heard there is supposed to be a Space Alien artifact in the Lisan Peninsula in the Dead Sea?

498722[/snapback]

which source was this from : ?? blink.gif never heard it.

anyways a hypothesis there was/is a brotherhood or secret society who used the vimanas and sum vimanas may still b held in secret in the himalayas sumwhere..

in a old monastory with monks or sumthin, i dont know... dontgetit.gif

Edited by freshprince2005_uk

India becoming a superpower, and its recent talks with other countries about UFO "coverups," or protection from the public has been in the news fairly recently - let me see if I can find the article...

In any event - it would seem that these people were technolgocally advanced - or in contact with some sort of otherworldly being which betowed upon them technology or means to build technology beyond their reckoning.

The issue of india is a sensitive one - since foreign governments are asking them not to reveal the UFO issue to their people, whereas if the people found out their government withheld information from them, the government would be swiftly kicked out.

--

A 'nuclear blast radius' also was found in the sahara near egypt - the sand was ultra heated - enough to make it glass - and it met the characteristics of a nuclear weapon detonation.  It could have been buried under sand for some time and revealed because of desert winds - or it could have been a recent happening, who knows.  That's the thing about egypt - the sand distorts all time.

I believe these ships could have been - because just look at the recent explosion in technology over the past generation.  Look back even just 10 years.  I saw a computer pamphlet from probably 7 years ago.  A 386 was thousands of dollars - it was top of the line.  A Tandy.  Think just a hundred years back.

If ancient civilizations delved into science (sans the western materialism which lead to industrial revolution), and based their society around scientific revelation - of course these things would be possible.  Perhaps the dissapearence of these people was because they developed such great technology, but decided that they didn't like the other occupents of earth - how much fighting they did, etc. so they decided to leave rather than risk having their beautiful creations turned evil (almost like the scientist who doesnt want to publish an idea for fear the army would get wind of it and want to make it a weapon)

Perhaps, perhaps.  It is very interesting if nothing else, and wish to read more about it, which I will do now. grin2.gif

499415[/snapback]

yep. yes.gif wot ure saying iz that human history is cyclic on not linear as most scholars and historians will have u believe. tho most history books will b rewritten if there is any truth to this 'ancient' technology.

(*Freshprince2005_uk patiently waits to see if gremlin cums in wiv claims he's actually seen a vimana in test flight rolleyes.gif wiv no pic or vid evidence of course!!! tongue.gif