Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Holder on Banning Home Schooling

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#16    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,761 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

this is not about banning it full stop.
This family were granted asylum in the USA, they do not want to adhere to any of the schooling criteria.  the same problems they had in Germany.
Does this not say anything?
How would that be fair on the children growing up in a foreign country when they are being withheld interaction with the local children.
The schools are not pushing the children to do anything other than what all your children are being taught, but they still were happy to go to America, get asylum but are not willing to integrate??

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#17    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,011 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 14 February 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

this is not about banning it full stop.
This family were granted asylum in the USA, they do not want to adhere to any of the schooling criteria.  the same problems they had in Germany.
Does this not say anything?
How would that be fair on the children growing up in a foreign country when they are being withheld interaction with the local children.
The schools are not pushing the children to do anything other than what all your children are being taught, but they still were happy to go to America, get asylum but are not willing to integrate??
Actually there were a couple of kids that were home schooled that I used to hang out with and shoot hoops and such and my little brother had one on his soccer team so you can't say they had interaction with other kids 'withheld'.

Point of interest, the two I played with one was two years older and the other the same age as I (brothers) were in Universities by the time they were 16 years old.  So just what were they missing out on?  Being bullied for one, being brainwashed into thinking the USA can do no wrong for two.

#18    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

Eric Holder deserves alot more than being fired.  He deserves to share a jail cell with his boss for a few years.  They are both traitors, so something more than a jail cell might be in order.

#19    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,809 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Apparently the U.S. isn't the only nation to deny asylum based on homeschooling... http://www.radionz.c...l-in-asylum-bid

I hadn't even heard of this till today. Interesting.

#20    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,682 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

So, basically Holder is saying the following:

"You can't teach your children. A government funded public school system, overseen by the Department of Education, knows best. The government knows best; the government mandated school systems must teach your children."

I'm convinced they are going for indoctrination, now.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#21    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,011 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

View Postrashore, on 14 February 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

Apparently the U.S. isn't the only nation to deny asylum based on homeschooling... http://www.radionz.c...l-in-asylum-bid

I hadn't even heard of this till today. Interesting.
So in other words it's part of the plot to further the one world government crowds agenda.  Sure I'm a conspiracy theorist.  Why not?

#22    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

I think that would cause far too big of an uproar if they actually tried to pursue something like this.  In face of everything else, this might be the type of things that prod some of the independent voters to move a little more to the right and the protection of freedoms.

I agree that Federally controlled education and curriculum has slowly moved toward indoctrination over the years.  They teach the parts of history they want your children to know and skip over the parts they don't.  They slide the facts over time and eventually things appear different than they actually were.  Case in point...ask nearly anyone on the street under the age of 35 (or so) why we fought a Civil War and see what they tell you.  Nearly all of them will say "over slavery"...which is not correct but that is what is now and for years...is being taught.  The teachers see these moldable minds as a prime target for future agendas.  Teach a child now to be sycophant now so they will properly serve later...

Bah...it will never happen.  These are the little things people do to draw attention away from somewhere else..."Watch my right hand closely now"...(while the left hand picks your pocket)

Edited by Jeremiah65, 14 February 2013 - 10:13 PM.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#23    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

I dont see an issue with this. People that know ahead of time just wont get Social Security cards for there kids. Lets see Holder ban that.

#24    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,833 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

I spent a year in homeschooling.  As long as your parents actually have the time and care enough to actively push you to educate yourself, then it works.  You are required to attend a meeting at the school district every week to ensure you're keeping up and so on.

Doesn't help much with social skills though.

#25    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Alot of school districts are even starting to allow remote learning to there students as they found a large number of there students were transferring to alternative schools.

#26    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,295 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

"first they came for the home-schoolers, but I didn't speak up because I wasn't a home-schooler...."

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#27    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,809 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

View PostOverSword, on 14 February 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

So in other words it's part of the plot to further the one world government crowds agenda.  Sure I'm a conspiracy theorist.  Why not?

Woah, hey, no, no other words of any such thing came out of my mouth. Maybe enough words didn't come out of my mouth. Let me rephrase.

I had never heard of this case before today. I hadn't even heard about banned homeschooling in Germany before today. I was rather unsatisfied with the OP article. I felt it didn't really make clear just what all was going on in the overall view of the case. So I went wandering around google a bit, and while searching for more information about it. One of the top stories to pop up under "german homeschool asylum fail" was the story about New Zealand. http://www.radionz.c...l-in-asylum-bid

I thought it an interesting tidbit to drop into the thread while I was reading up more about the U.S. case. I apologize, I do that sometimes in the threads without much comment. I didn't mean any NWO or CT anything...

#28    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

Ill throw this into the NWO conspiracy tracking CT. No second thoughts about that.

But lets get back on topic. What a stupid thing to even bring by Holder. Shows his incompetence to be in the position he is. Bent over some lobbyist desk.

Edited by AsteroidX, 14 February 2013 - 11:35 PM.

#29    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,682 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

View PostWickian, on 14 February 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:

I spent a year in homeschooling.  As long as your parents actually have the time and care enough to actively push you to educate yourself, then it works.  You are required to attend a meeting at the school district every week to ensure you're keeping up and so on.

Doesn't help much with social skills though.

One of my close friends was homeschooled, and this part is absolutely true.

He was very introverted, much like myself. But now he's a Junior at VCU and an Econ major.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#30    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,806 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

1. Ever know any introverted, socially awkward public school kids? There are plenty. One can't site a socially awkward homeschooler as the norm or as missing in public school students.

2. The number of activities for homeschoolers is actually quite extensive in many cities across the USA. Many do co-ops, have play days, sporting opportunities, group field trips, they do year books and dances and exchange programs and the kids develop close friendships, so do the moms/families.

3. For those who mistakenly think homeschooling is about isolationism and moms who want to be shut in the home with their kids...this is just ignorance at its best. It's 2013.

4. Do radical homeschoolers exist? Yes, in rare situations. Are their parents any worse or weirder than some public school parent's ideologies? No.

5. Will homeschoolers now somehow create unemployment lines and fill jail cells and therapy sessions? Can't blame them for that either. Those are already full of public school graduates.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 15 February 2013 - 01:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users