Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Human cloning 'within 50 years'

human cloning sir john gurdon

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,340 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

they are cloning humans now....yes I agree with another poster, it's a bad idea

#17    kwin

kwin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Stem cell therapy can give us cures, and rebuilt organs from the skeletons of the ones we have, and the ability to eventually replace/repair damaged tissue, so why would someone put a suggestion out there to enhance the acceptability of cloning, when the situation described would force an individual to be subjected to a life that is a pathetic role playing script? Simply, profits and preying on emotionally exploitable people, or something quite sinister.... Testing the waters, as I see it

#18    ohio state buckeyes

ohio state buckeyes

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

Playing God never ends well.

#19    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,140 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

View Postohio state buckeyes, on 21 December 2012 - 05:58 AM, said:

Nor does pretending there is a god and man speakes for it.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#20    evil_kenshin

evil_kenshin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

View Postohio state buckeyes, on 21 December 2012 - 05:58 AM, said:

we play "god" everyday with surgery, intervening in extinction of species etc. So it's nothing new.

#21    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

I don't know why it astonishes me so much every time I see this level of evil, but it does... And then people claim God to be the unjust one for sending us to Hell...

Yes, playing God never ends well. We should really as a species try our best to eliminate our egos and learn to be content with the time we have here with our loved ones. We invent things like cloning out of fear, not out of love. And anything built out of fear is not worth being built in the first place. Where on earth is the humility?

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#22    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

The god's never saw this coming did they?...the day their pawns would become gods themselves.

#23    GirlfromOz

GirlfromOz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

View PostAshiene, on 20 December 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

50 years ago they said we would have a colony on Mars by now. They also said flying cars would be commonplace.
I also fell for that one.The promise of the predicted future was exciting to all of us.I watched many tv series such as star trek etc &,even laughingly enough,the Jetsons! Let's all have another laugh on me too now! LMAO!!! I couldn't wait until I was grown up & old enough to be one of the many that travelled through space & also fly in cars over our metropolis'. Even being able to visit safe & secure colonies on other planets. Now however,the disappointment of knowing that mankind has not progressed forward to what we thought,disappoints me.It was all an illusion!We all have had to realize that,sadly enough. Even NASA still doesn't have the technology to counteract the effects of anti-gravity.We can not physically travel through space for extended periods of time due to the negative effects of muscle degeneration etc in long term space flights.We are still restricted to this Earth's stable & friendly environment,unlike the outer realms of the cosmos.So,we are still here,bound by the laws of physics & also the laws of physical human nature & the lack of the technology to conquer all the limitations that were to face us! Let's just breathe another breath of this planet's atmosphere & thank God for it.! ... I'm still depressed though ! LOL
Oh,& as for human cloning,we didn't see that one coming. Even Dolly died young due to the genetic faults from the cloning process.RIP Dolly! bbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Edited by GirlfromOz, 23 December 2012 - 09:45 AM.

#24    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

anyone suprised ?

#25    GirlfromOz

GirlfromOz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 20 December 2012 - 12:27 PM, said:

Cloning a full human for the purpose of emotional replacement is a bad idea in my opinion. Mainly for the reason thongy laid out. However, cloning for the purpose of transplants, blood donations and the like, could be incredibly beneficial to mankind.
The other dilemma would be that these humans would be produced to be,live,healthy living, replacements, involuntarily as a body parts donors. No human rights etc.No identity etc! There would be a mass rebellion from these new recruits when their awareness of their rights eventuates.Another example of a dream,not thought through by the scientific community.

Edited by GirlfromOz, 23 December 2012 - 11:18 AM.

#26    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

View PostSean93, on 22 December 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

The god's never saw this coming did they?...the day their pawns would become gods themselves.

pff... Gods? Yeah right. We're not even close...

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#27    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 24 December 2012 - 04:55 AM, said:

pff... Gods? Yeah right. We're not even close...

Yes!

I knew that comment would get at least one of those replies!

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#28    C235

C235

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

I need ten clones of myself please :)

#29    Insaniac

Insaniac

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 22 December 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

I don't know why it astonishes me so much every time I see this level of evil, but it does... And then people claim God to be the unjust one for sending us to Hell...

Yes, playing God never ends well. We should really as a species try our best to eliminate our egos and learn to be content with the time we have here with our loved ones. We invent things like cloning out of fear, not out of love. And anything built out of fear is not worth being built in the first place. Where on earth is the humility?

It hurts me to say it, but there will never be peace aslong as there is profit.

If Man doesn't stop violating mother nature's own laws, it's a safe guarantee he's going to suffer the consequences.

I share your sentiments on 'Cloning.' It'll cause nothing but profit and pain at our expense.

People must stop violating the laws of nature, and stop worshipping the cursed dollar/pound/yen/whatever. Greed has destroyed the majority of the Earth as it is.

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened their heart against Him, and succeeded"? ~ Job 9:4

#30    C235

C235

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

But we are meant to be Gods. That was the idea, though it seems like we are not so good at it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users