Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

8 US Sailors suing TEPCO

Simbi Laveau

http://www.japantoday.com/category/national/view/8-u-s-sailors-sue-japanese-govt-tepco-for-lying-about-fukushima-radiation?utm_campaign=jt_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=jt_newsletter_2012-12-28_PM

8 Sailors aboard the USS Ronald Regan ,are suing TEPCO ,because they were exposed to levels of radiation that they say the Japanese government knew about,but withheld .

Tokyo Electric is wholey owned as a subsidiary of the Japanese government .

These sailors were involved in fukushima rescue operations,and feel they were not given the full facts .

There were many more aboard the Ronald Regan ,but only these 8 are suing .

The suit was filed in San Diego this week .

Note: I'm wondering if this is not some sort of pay back for the servicemen being prosecuted in Japan,for rape .

I mean I don't know ,but this seems unusual to me .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

http://www.japantoda...r_2012-12-28_PM

8 Sailors aboard the USS Ronald Regan ,are suing TEPCO ,because they were exposed to levels of radiation that they say the Japanese government knew about,but withheld .

Tokyo Electric is wholey owned as a subsidiary of the Japanese government .

These sailors were involved in fukushima rescue operations,and feel they were not given the full facts .

There were many more aboard the Ronald Regan ,but only these 8 are suing .

The suit was filed in San Diego this week .

Note: I'm wondering if this is not some sort of pay back for the servicemen being prosecuted in Japan,for rape .

I mean I don't know ,but this seems unusual to me .

I'll be interested to see how it shakes out. I wasn't aware that a US service person could sue a foreign government for something that happened to them on a military deployment.

They weren't told about it then yeah I can see why the are suing. TEPCO. But they are military so one has to ask who didnt tell them.

• Like 1

if true that is pretty messed up they didn't tell them.

Well this was the thing. They knew,and didn't tell anyone,including their own people .

They weren't told about it then yeah I can see why the are suing. TEPCO. But they are military so one has to ask who didnt tell them.

Well they are citing TEPCO .Tokyo Electric ,which they site as a subsidiary of the Japan government ,so indirectly ,they government .

That aircraft carrier should be capable of doing its own radiation reconnasaince as it is a nuclear powered one. As for what TEPCO knew or did not know.

• Like 2

That aircraft carrier should be capable of doing its own radiation reconnasaince as it is a nuclear powered one. As for what TEPCO knew or did not know.

I'd bet my life that the officers on board were aware of the precise levels at all times. They don't play around with NBC threats.
  • Like 1

I'll be interested to see how it shakes out. I wasn't aware that a US service person could sue a foreign government for something that happened to them on a military deployment.

*nods*

This is why I feel like its some sort of pay back for the big rape issue going on .

A bunch of us servicemen are being prosecuted for allegedly raping Japanese women .

I believe there are cases in both Okinawa and yokasuka .

I see articles for it all the time ,but then there's all this he said she said,and Japanese men were involved or something .

The between the lines stuff is,did a rape really occur ...dunno ...this seems quite odd to me .

One woman here,is saying her child was exposed to the radiation .

Are there kids on US aircraft carriers ,or was she pregnant ?

One woman here,is saying her child was exposed to the radiation .

I think your onto something but I dont thjink it has anything to do with what you reference. Ya know the R word.

• 3 weeks later...

A more in depth article .

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/jan/12/are-sailors-symptoms-from-radiation/?st

A couple of the soldiers,who are all in their 20s,have cancer .

(I wonder if they have heart disease too.wink wink)

The comments at the bottom are quite intense