Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Solved] Chat room issue

Saru

The Invision Chat service currently appears to be down and is producing this message:

The IP.Chat account number used is invalid. Please notify an administrator.

This issue is affecting all Invision Board forums that use the IPS Chat service, it looks like the database that identifies the service account numbers is down. IPS will be working to get this issue fixed at their end and the chat should be back up soon.

Just to clarify for those who have been asking - this error message does not mean you've been banned from chat, it is a technical error that means the chat service itself is unavailable and no-one else can access it either.

• Like 1

At least it's coming back up! I was beginning to worry it wouldnt come back. Now all I have to do is wait.....*goes through withdrawal*

The Invision Chat service currently appears to be down and is producing this message:

but thanks I thought I had just said something very wrong

This issue is affecting all Invision Board forums that use the IPS Chat service, it looks like the database that identifies the service account numbers is down. IPS will be working to get this issue fixed at their end and the chat should be back up soon.

Just to clarify for those who have been asking - this error message does not mean you've been banned from chat, it is a technical error that means the chat service itself is unavailable and no-one else can access it either.

I'm happy to report that the chat room is now back up and running again. :)