Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Stephen Hawking Predicts End Of Humanity


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 8,522 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

Heres something you dont hear everyday!

"Stephen Hawking admits the biggest blunder of his scientific career - early belief that everything swallowed up by a black hole must be lost forever"

Cosmologist also predicts the end of humanity on Earth and urges continuation of space exploration.

The cosmologist Stephen Hawking has described the biggest blunder of his scientific career – his early belief that everything swallowed up by a black hole must be lost forever.

Professor Hawking said that there is one thing that does in fact escape from black holes – radiation. He has previously said that his discovery of what is now known as Hawking radiation was one of his proudest achievements.

In a lecture at a hospital in Los Angeles that has pioneered research into stem-cell treatments for degenerative diseases – including his own condition of motor neuron disease – Professor Hawking described the blunder that had initially blinded him to one of his greatest insights into the Universe.

Professor Hawking said that humans must explore space if we are to survive the coming millennium. “We must continue to go into space for humanity. We won’t survive another 1,000 years without escaping our fragile planet,” he said.


http://www.independe...er-8568418.html




.

Edited by seeder, 11 April 2013 - 10:54 PM.

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#2    jtsmith

jtsmith

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined:16 Nov 2012

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

So we escape this dying planet to find/kill another? Neat.


#3    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 8,522 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

View Postjtsmith, on 11 April 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

So we escape this dying planet to find/kill another? Neat.

perhaps, if that ever happens, we will be the wise aliens telling whatever life is on any other suitable planet...to take care of the environment, to love each other....to not make war....to seek only peace...

the same kinda stuff alleged aliens tell humans..

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,148 posts
  • Joined:10 May 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA

  • Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

I think its a given one day this planet won't be liveable due to us or natural disaster.  So I think space travel is a must if humans are to survive.


#5    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 8,522 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

View PostHilander, on 11 April 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

I think its a given one day this planet won't be liveable due to us or natural disaster.  So I think space travel is a must if humans are to survive.

But do you think we will be wiser 'guardians' of a new world, or eventually turn to human greed and exploit it - again? And exploit each other?

Perhaps wisdom is the ultimate in evolution? Id like to believe thats so...

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#6    docyabut2

docyabut2

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,945 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2011

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

Well they did discover a black hole in our solar system, I guess it would depend on how fast this black hole is sucking up the stars around it.



http://www.scienceda...80908074632.htm


#7    pitchp

pitchp

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 210 posts
  • Joined:20 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male

  • "I go when I want to go. To prolong life would be tasteless"
    Albert Einstein

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:00 AM

View Postseeder, on 11 April 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

Heres something you dont hear everyday!

"Stephen Hawking admits the biggest blunder of his scientific career - early belief that everything swallowed up by a black hole must be lost forever"

Cosmologist also predicts the end of humanity on Earth and urges continuation of space exploration.

The cosmologist Stephen Hawking has described the biggest blunder of his scientific career – his early belief that everything swallowed up by a black hole must be lost forever.

Professor Hawking said that there is one thing that does in fact escape from black holes – radiation. He has previously said that his discovery of what is now known as Hawking radiation was one of his proudest achievements.

In a lecture at a hospital in Los Angeles that has pioneered research into stem-cell treatments for degenerative diseases – including his own condition of motor neuron disease – Professor Hawking described the blunder that had initially blinded him to one of his greatest insights into the Universe.

Professor Hawking said that humans must explore space if we are to survive the coming millennium. “We must continue to go into space for humanity. We won’t survive another 1,000 years without escaping our fragile planet,” he said.


http://www.independe...er-8568418.html




.

Ok I did know that his theories aren't always correct. His original thoery of black holes were smashed by a plumber interested in physics.

Now from theories, he is moving into predictions?? When did he start a new career in being a medium???

and I didn't expect this from a man of his stature. Run away from our problems, instead of fixing them? This is his solution? Is this guy finally losing his marbles?

"The truth is out there. We are all searching for it."
   PitchP

#8    chopmo

chopmo

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Joined:22 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

  • aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:06 AM

LOL

aah Mr. Hawkings you are so innocent, poor man feeling imbarrassed over a minor blunder of blackhole theory.
S*** happens, humans will continue to make mistakes be it minor or major, it doesn't make less of a person.

I would be suprised if he or anyone in that fact knew 120% about a theory when they first publish it, granted they may know 99.99% but we must leave room for error. :D

Nontheless still one of my favourite people in the world.

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#9    pitchp

pitchp

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 210 posts
  • Joined:20 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male

  • "I go when I want to go. To prolong life would be tasteless"
    Albert Einstein

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:12 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 12 April 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

Well they did discover a black hole in our solar system, I guess it would depend on how fast this black hole is sucking up the stars around it.



http://www.scienceda...80908074632.htm

Scientist have once thought all black holes behave in the same manner. Consume as much as it can. Now recently scientists have realised not all black holes behave in that way. Such as the one that we have in the Milky Way. The one that we have in the Milky Way is not that hungry at all. So don't expect that black hole in our galaxy would do any sort of damage for a long time. We have a much higher chance of being hit by an asteroid and have human extinction, than being gobbled up, by a black hole.

"The truth is out there. We are all searching for it."
   PitchP

#10    docyabut2

docyabut2

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,945 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2011

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:13 AM

View Postpitchp, on 12 April 2013 - 01:00 AM, said:

Ok I did know that his theories aren't always correct. His original thoery of black holes were smashed by a plumber interested in physics.

Now from theories, he is moving into predictions?? When did he start a new career in being a medium???

and I didn't expect this from a man of his stature. Run away from our problems, instead of fixing them? This is his solution? Is this guy finally losing his marbles?

Hawkings thinks the black holes lead to other universes, I don`nt think so that God `s universe out there:):)  just reminds me of when people claim they go though a black hole at death.:)


#11    docyabut2

docyabut2

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,945 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2011

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

View Postpitchp, on 12 April 2013 - 01:12 AM, said:

Scientist have once thought all black holes behave in the same manner. Consume as much as it can. Now recently scientists have realised not all black holes behave in that way. Such as the one that we have in the Milky Way. The one that we have in the Milky Way is not that hungry at all. So don't expect that black hole in our galaxy would do any sort of damage for a long time. We have a much higher chance of being hit by an asteroid and have human extinction, than being gobbled up, by a black hole.


They can see how fast the outer stars of the galaxy are moving inward.

Edited by docyabut2, 12 April 2013 - 01:29 AM.


#12    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 30,112 posts
  • Joined:02 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Calgary Alberta Canada

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:28 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 12 April 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

Well they did discover a black hole in our solar system, I guess it would depend on how fast this black hole is sucking up the stars around it.



http://www.scienceda...80908074632.htm


You mean Galaxy

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.


The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#13    docyabut2

docyabut2

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,945 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2011

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:31 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 12 April 2013 - 01:28 AM, said:

You mean Galaxy

Right galaxy, sorry


#14    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 30,112 posts
  • Joined:02 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Calgary Alberta Canada

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:36 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 12 April 2013 - 01:31 AM, said:



Right galaxy, sorry

Phew lol  



Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.


The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#15    pitchp

pitchp

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 210 posts
  • Joined:20 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male

  • "I go when I want to go. To prolong life would be tasteless"
    Albert Einstein

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 12 April 2013 - 01:13 AM, said:

Hawkings thinks the black holes lead to other universes, I don`nt think so that God `s universe out there:) :)  just reminds me of when people claim they go though a black hole at death. :)

if you mean the light in the end of the tunnel, that would be more of a wormhole, than a blackhole???

"The truth is out there. We are all searching for it."
   PitchP




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users