Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Cursed' sword from the 1700s

Talion

"This sword is from the 1700s. I got it at an antique store in my memaw's home town back in 1984. The person who sold it to me told me to be careful because there is a 90+% chance that it is cursed. Since it's been in my house my life has descended into pure chaos. My knitting group came over and they all said they could feel a strange energy in my sword room (I have a collection of over 100 swords. This is my only haunted sword). Since i got this sword, about 3 times a week a crucifix will fall off of my wall for no reason. I am 76 years old. I cannot have this cursed item in my house anymore. Please take it off my hands!!"

http://io9.com/sword-for-sale-warning-might-be-haunted-1666762542

• Like 1

Best reply?

"The Conjuring Part 3: Annablade"

Edited by Talion
  • Like 1

Might? I say donate it to some museum.

Edited by Princess Serenity

I looked at the article and the photo that is with the ad is a photo that has been on the Internet for some time. This is just another hoax with a Conan sword thrown in for good measure.

• Like 1

Don't make me post the picture of it, :P

And you want me to give you 150 bucks for an item that will make my life a living hell ? I think not.

i bid $10 and a case of beer, but not good beer.

Either Natty Ice or Old Milwaukee.

"Not Good" is an understatement.

• Like 1

I'd give the soul of my first newborn. Any wretch offspring I sire, shall be born souless. The trick is on you. :lol:

Edited by Karasu

I hate to say it but it looks more like a movie prop from one of the Conan movies. I'm no expert but I question it's being from the 1700's.

• Like 1