Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Should we allow Israel to drag us into a war?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Amercan foreign policy regarding Israel causing instability in that region of the world (29 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we allow Israel to drag us in a way if she decides to attack others first?

1. Yes, if she leads us into war, we should follow. (1 votes [3.45%])

Percentage of vote: 3.45%

2. No, if she picks a fight she should finish it on her own, preferably. (22 votes [75.86%])

Percentage of vote: 75.86%

3. Other (6 votes [20.69%])

Percentage of vote: 20.69%

Should we defend Israel if she is attack first?

1. Yes, regardless of instability in the region, we should defend Israel at all times. (7 votes [24.14%])

Percentage of vote: 24.14%

2. No, we have to insure stability in that region for our own security. (14 votes [48.28%])

Percentage of vote: 48.28%

3. Other (8 votes [27.59%])

Percentage of vote: 27.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,612 posts
  • Location:Currently in the middle of this land called life, exit is here and near...

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

It seems that Israel is eager to draw us into a conflict, one we can little afford at this time, so what is the general opinion on these matters as it pertains to our foreign policy?

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 07 May 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#2    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,662 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

Israel can easily defend itself, Syria, Iraq and others a weak military wise

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,738 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

Well I would have to say its according to what happened, if they were attacked first and who it was that attacked them.  Israel has a good army and can defend themselves from most countries in the region.

EDIT:  I will add if they start it they are on their own.  Unless they had a very good reason.

Edited by Hilander, 07 May 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,222 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

If Britain or Australia, France or Canada were attacked I say we should help them.  If they felt the need to pre-empt an attack to save mass casualties of their citizens I'd say yes, help them.  Israel is as good or better ally to the US as any of them.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#5    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

• 3,612 posts
  • Location:Currently in the middle of this land called life, exit is here and near...

-AF

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

What has Israel ever done for us?

#6    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

All kind of depends on the situation really. If Israel wants to pick a fight just because, well then they're on their own. On the flip side if they suddenly get jumped out of the blue and it looks like they'd go down hard then I wouldn't object stepping in and helping them. That said as it's been mentioned Israel has the most powerful military in the region so there'd need to be something special going on to warrent the need for direct military aid.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#7    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 6,988 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

View PostCorp, on 07 May 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

All kind of depends on the situation really. If Israel wants to pick a fight just because, well then they're on their own. On the flip side if they suddenly get jumped out of the blue and it looks like they'd go down hard then I wouldn't object stepping in and helping them. That said as it's been mentioned Israel has the most powerful military in the region so there'd need to be something special going on to warrent the need for direct military aid.
but they wont be on their own. we need a stronghold in ME. and we invested quite a lot in israel. israel acts like a little dog, barks at everyone, as long as he is next to his owner. it can bite some, if we let it, but we hold the leash, we wont let it attack dogs that can hurt it or the owner,
it is in constant war with palistine, but it reminds me of costant battle between a dog and its fleas. owners don't pay much mind, as long as it is contained, but if lots of flees attack, and dog can't handle them by itself the owner will give it a bath.

nazi army also was most advanced in the world at that time, didn't help them much.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#8    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,493 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 07 May 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

Bagels.

Nuff said.

#9    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:47 AM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 07 May 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

jackie mason.
mel brooks.
sasha baron cohen.
sarah silverman.
lenny bruce.
gilda radner.
seth rogen.
peter sellers.
albert einstein.
bagels.
;-)

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#10    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

Do you have some kind of quote or link to justify this question? I have not heard anyone from Isreal ask us to put "boots on the ground". usually we get in the way from letting Israel finish the job hence the mess they have over their now. after each conflict we make Israel give back the land they have taken (golan hieghts, gaza strip, sinai pennisula).

but really you need to go to israel sometime just the women alone will justify anything they ask of us (freaking HOT) and it must have something to do with living in the middle of people who want to kill you. they know how to have a good time.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#11    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,072 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:49 AM

View Postshrooma, on 08 May 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

jackie mason.
mel brooks.
sasha baron cohen.
sarah silverman.
lenny bruce.
gilda radner.
seth rogen.
peter sellers.
albert einstein.
bagels.
;-)

Not a single one has anything to do with Israel. Or was even born there. Are you guys for real? You seem to be saying we have to bend over for Israel because there are jews in the US. What a ridiculous argument.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#12    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:00 AM

View Postninjadude, on 08 May 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

Not a single one has anything to do with Israel. Or was even born there. Are you guys for real? You seem to be saying we have to bend over for Israel because there are jews in the US. What a ridiculous argument.

I can't believe I'm saying this i agree with you I rarely agree with you. except for the bagels I would go to war over bagels!

Edited by MiskatonicGrad, 08 May 2013 - 06:02 AM.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#13    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

• 3,612 posts

-AF

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:32 AM

View PostMiskatonicGrad, on 08 May 2013 - 01:42 AM, said:

Do you have some kind of quote or link to justify this question? I have not heard anyone from Isreal ask us to put "boots on the ground". usually we get in the way from letting Israel finish the job hence the mess they have over their now. after each conflict we make Israel give back the land they have taken (golan hieghts, gaza strip, sinai pennisula).

but really you need to go to israel sometime just the women alone will justify anything they ask of us (freaking HOT) and it must have something to do with living in the middle of people who want to kill you. they know how to have a good time.

Be honest, Israel cannot take on Iran without us.

Spare us the attempt to instill paranoia over Iran in the explanation.

If the answer is going to be, yes they can, they have nukes, they also know how much instability that will cause, instability the world does not want especially affecting their markets.

They might not need our permission to nuke Iran but they might still want it, we won't ever give it. Thus a conventional war with us in it to help them might make things easier.

China and Russia going in on Iran's side will not make anything clean or easy.

Israel might be the source of stability in the region but also has the potential to become the source of instability with the flip of a switch they have their hand on.

Iran is not going to stop working on their nuke. Israel is going to go in without our permission if they get closer.

We keep giving them promises of cooperation mixed with signals of holding back. We need to reverse that equation so that we tell them how much nuking Iran would cause world suffering.

Iran joining the nuclear club is not the end of the world. Those who have joined show great restraint, they know if they use theirs first, they will be nuked in return.

Israel is intent on confronting Iran, most likely in a conventional war before Iran develops a functional nuclear program, so they will need our help in doing that.

Israel cannot take on Iran alone.

#14    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,479 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:26 AM

View PostMiskatonicGrad, on 08 May 2013 - 01:42 AM, said:

A question, per se, needs no justification to be promulgated. It is a standalone enquiry to elicit a response or discussion (as in this thread).

#15    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

View Postninjadude, on 08 May 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

too much coffee.....?
they are all jewish, and as far as i'm aware, jews originated from israel.
as for the 'what you guys seem to be saying' comment, I was saying nothing of the sort. please show me which part of my post gave you that impression and i'll be more than willing to amend it.
what I WAS saying, with all of them being comedians (with the exception of einstein, and you don't particularly strike me as the kinda guy who finds bagels funny), is that jewish people seem to be good at comedy.
and yes, I am 'real'.
although my post wasn't, it was humourous.
now, having said all that, my I suggest a nice, herbal tea.....?
:-)

Edited by shrooma, 08 May 2013 - 07:47 AM.

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users