Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Severed hand saved after attaching to ankle

Still Waters

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zebra99

• regeneratia

• Ashotep

• Likely Guy

This is interesting. Again, we double our medical knowledge every three to five years. Think about it. There is so much we still do not know.

I took care of a person in nursing school who had hands one minute. In the next minute, they were both gone. This is really good news for the few who suffer this kind of injury.

Edited by regeneratia

Its great they can do this but how weird it would feel to have hands growing on your feet.

About 10 or so years ago me and four either guys were using hydraulic splitters to bust up cedar cants to be milled. Long story short, one guy got his hand/arm (halfway between wrist and elbow) cut off.

After a moment of panic (it seemed longer) we collected everything together, reduced the blood flow and drove him about an hour over a winter bush road to the airport, where we waited about another 45 minutes for a helicopter to fly him out. Hours later he got into surgery.

The good thing was, was that it was a clean surgical cut and less than a year later he was playing guitar again (just as badly as he did before).

Yeah, I know, "cool story bro'!" :)

P.S.: But I'm with Hilander (good to see you back btw). A hand attached to your foot would be weird.

P.S.: But I'm with Hilander (good to see you back btw). A hand attached to your foot would be weird.

Handy for pulling your socks up though... :whistle:

• Like 1

Wow, it's amazing what can be done now. But yeah looks pretty weird to see the hand attached by his foot!