Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dragon Skeleton found in China Sea

Simbi Laveau

I believe it's a real skull attached to a carved body.

First, there's a subtle color difference between the skull and the body, not outside the realm of possibility.

Next, there's the absolute perfect condition of the body, everything is symetrical, perfect alignment of bone, the cartiledge is visible, still within reasonable bounds of possibility.

Lastly, it's all there, nothing's missing, now, the possibility that nothing's eaten off it is still in the realm of possibility, however, take all these things together and you have a near statistical impossibility.

Put simply, it's too good to be true.

This is just my own opinion, feel free to disagree.

Edited by the1truebat
  • Like 7

I call bs, maybe some dinosaur but not a dragon.

The world is simply to boring for dragons to have existed

• Like 3

I believe it could belong to some kind of shark or fish since its seems to be lacking arms' bones.

• Like 1

When I saw the article title,I immediately thought Oarfish . I think that's where the Chinese notion of dragon came from ,but the skull doesn't fit at all.

I think batty is close to the truth .

Most likely it's a baby whale or an unborn whale fetus which wasn't fully developed when it's mother was killed or died. That would explain the bones being translucent because they were still invitro and not fully formed and solidified.

Have to admit it sure does look like a Chinese Dragon like you see in the Orient on Chinese New Year.

• Like 4

I believe it could belong to some kind of shark or fish since its seems to be lacking arms' bones.

sharks skeletons are made of cartiledge so that rules out shark...

Hello Simbi I hope this might be of interest, you may find it inner resting.

Or it may just add to the mystery.

http://www.odt.co.nz...d-briny-mystery

http://paleo.cc/paluxy/plesios.htm

Those are both dead whales.

its a elephant skull i think, what looks like eye sockets are tusk holes and the eye sockets have been worn away, the body is of a large older snake.

i think this is true as some one posted a skull of a cyclops once and it was debunked as a elephant skull, the hole in the middle is for the trunk.

just watched the video and am unsure, the pic seemed like an elephant skull lol

Edited by Armchair Educated
  • Like 1

The OP's first picture shows the rostrum of the mysterious creature and it looks like a shark's :

sharkskull_big.jpg

I love reading about cryptids! I thought pat fish too but the head is too flat...the article mentions another cryptid,

the 'meat mushroom' this is possibly the most hilarious thing I've read all year!! LMFAO!!!!!

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2012/06/21/china-confuses-sex-toy-for-legendary-mushroom-broadcasts-it-on-local-news/

• Like 2

China, dragons, what's the connection here? Dragon, for chinese, is a sacred mystical creature represents power and glory. Maybe they are trying to raise some hope in people?

• Like 2

Possibilities: real unknown animal, mistaken identity of a known animal, hoax. Perhaps if tissue is shared with scientists around the world its DNA will tell us what it is. There are certainly animals in the sea we know from only a handful of specimens, in some cases large animals like whale and dolphin species, so it is certainly possible to find things new to science in the oceans.

• Like 1

The skull doesn't look like a whale's, it appears too broad for its length. There are bones or cartilage indicating a dorsal fin near the tail. Whale fins do not, as far as I can ascertain, contain cartilage. Not a shark, or other kind of fish either, I think; the eye sockets appear too pronounced. Not a crocodile or alligator, it seems, as neither of these have dorsal fins. The same goes for snakes, or course. Either a genuine unknown sea creature, it seems, or a hoax, piecing together parts of different animals.

• Like 1

it's a shark. the skull is in fact chondrocranium of a shark, with jaw and fin structure missing.

Certainly is not an elephant skull, the root sockets for the tusks would be in the front.

HQlA10Ls.jpg

The bridged structure at the front end of the skull is consistent with a shark skull.

Obviously it's too flat to be an elephant's skull, but ...... it does appear to have holes for tusks. And are the eye sockets too big for a shark?

The video with the fishermen on the quayside: I'm always suspicious when the camera doesn't linger on anything so that you can get a proper look at it ....... manic camerawork and 'Benny Hill' sound effects indicates hoax to me :hmm:

• Like 1