Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Mocks Reporter's Disability

Farmer77

it is remarkable what someone can get away with just as long as they keep banging on about immigrants, isn't it.

• Like 7

From the article: "Trump went on while gyrating his arms wildly and holding a hand in a claw-like pose."

Uh....has this writer never WATCHED Trump when he speaks?

Trump always gyrates his arms wildly and holds his hand in a weird claw-like position.

Trump has done plenty of things worth criticizing, but this is the media ascribing intent when what they're really doing is mocking Trump's idiosyncratic arm and hand movements.

That dog won't hunt.

Except with media Trump critics looking for this week's dump on Trump story.

From the article: "Trump went on while gyrating his arms wildly and holding a hand in a claw-like pose."

Trump always gyrates his arms wildly and holds his hand in a weird claw-like position.

Trump has done plenty of things worth criticizing, but this is the media ascribing intent when what they're really doing is mocking Trump's idiosyncratic arm and hand movements.

That dog won't hunt.

Clearly you did not watch the video. If you had you would be able to (if you're intellectually honest) recognize the gestures when he makes them they are NOT trumpisms. They are a clear attempt at mocking a man with a disability, he made those motions ONLY when speaking of the reporter with the disability.

As someone with a neurological disability Im HUGELY offended. Watch the video please before defending this.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 2

32510.jpg?ts=1448547601 Edited by Farmer77

That dog won't hunt.

That is the weakest excuse in the history of excuses.

"Now, the poor guy — you ought to see the guy: 'Uh, I don't know what I said. I don't remember,'" Trump said, as he contorted his arms in an apparent imitation of Kovaleski, who suffers from arthrogryposis.

https://www.google.c...108194040,d.dmo

He says, "You ought to see the guy," and then mocks his movements. Honestly, I doubt he will keep up the charade of not having known about the condition. This sounds like something Trump would be likely to boast about.

Newsflash: If he has seen the guy, then he knew about his condition.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 3

.. shows you what sort of person he is. an egotistical Brat .

• Like 2

That dog won't hunt.

See what I mean?
  • Like 1

Never fear ... Ivanka will rescue dad ~

1876012825.jpg

~

How Jewish Values Help Ivanka Trump Stay Classy

The daughter of the presidential candidate may have kept the Trump name, but she has her own religion. 'We’re pretty observant,' she says.

Debra Kamin Aug 11, 2015 1:20 AM

“According to friends, Ivanka will proudly acknowledge her father’s decision to run, but don’t expect her to get into a political debate with you over appetizers,” the article said. “This is what makes the younger, Ivy League–educated Trump so diplomatic: she knows exactly how to stand her ground while still maintaining her grace.”

When push comes to political shove, it seems, Trump relies on the age-old gift of excellent etiquette. Call it her, ahem, trump card.

`

• Like 1

"One of these things is not like the others"

giant%20douche.jpg

turd%20sandwich.jpg

trump.jpg

"One of these things just doesn't belong"

(The correct answer, btw, is Donald Trump. The giant douche and the turd sandwich are fictitious comedy tropes. Donald Trump is, unfortunately, all too real. :hmm: )

• Like 2

That dog won't hunt.

I knew there'd be a defender on this board somewhere.

Disgusting how anything can be rationalized away.

• Like 2

I was thinking on this a bit. It seems like political correctness is going out of style these days and you actually get rewarded by mocking other people for their differences. People knew right away who Donald Trump was talking about because of his hand gestures. Is it insensitive? Yup. But I am pretty sure Donald Trump doesn't care about other's peoples feelings.

Who knows, we might end up going back to the old days where you could make fun of people for their appearance and behaviors without having to worry about human resources and sensitivity training.

• Like 1

I was thinking on this a bit. It seems like political correctness is going out of style these days and you actually get rewarded by mocking other people for their differences. People knew right away who Donald Trump was talking about because of his hand gestures. Is it insensitive? Yup. But I am pretty sure Donald Trump doesn't care about other's peoples feelings.

Who knows, we might end up going back to the old days where you could make fun of people for their appearance and behaviors without having to worry about human resources and sensitivity training.

De-evolution ? Is that what you want?

Nah, but it does annoy me sometimes that I can't tell a person what I really think of them because it might hurt their feelings.

As a disclaimer though: I am a social caveman and think manners and courtesy are just play acting and lies. I would never vote for me as president.

• Like 1

Why not go back to the old days when black people were segregated, and women weren't allowed to vote?

Trump`s haircut is a disability as well and he would get free ride on public transports due to this

disability, in my country.

Edited by toast
  • Like 3

Nah, but it does annoy me sometimes that I can't tell a person what I really think of them because it might hurt their feelings.

As a disclaimer though: I am a social caveman and think manners and courtesy are just play acting and lies. I would never vote for me as president.

:D Knowing one self is vitally important.

I agree that being PC can and often has been taken entirely too far. Openly mocking folks for disabilities beyond their control though? Thats ****ed up and makes my inner caveman want to harm things. Im really surprised at how this has wound me up honestly. IDK that ive ever watched ANYTHING and honestly been personally offended until today.

(im ranting now, internet tough guy I know ) Disability or no i have the training and ability to absolutely destroy another human being, (it would take me a month to recover) , but if I saw someone mocking me or and perhaps more pointedly-my son who inherited the same condition I came down with later in life - the way trump did that reporter I don't know that I would have the self control to stop myself.

Perhaps PC is safer for everyone involved LOL

Why not go back to the old days when black people were segregated, and women weren't allowed to vote?

It does seem to be swinging around that way. There are people who I personally know that think Muslims should be segregated and Hispanics not allowed to vote.

Don't get me wrong, I am not particularly for it. I'm just noticing how America seems to be heading back that way with the anti-pc backlash. Heck, the most obvious trend is amongst the Republican candidates- that the more anti-pc and offensive you are the higher you are in the polls.

• Like 3

Why stop there? If money is power, and might makes right, bring back monarchies and serfdom. Trump likes making fun of peasants, and Leona Helmsley famously said, "Only little people pay taxes."

Once again though, Trump's a hypocrite, and I feel sorry for those who don't recognize that fact. It's okay when he slams, makes fun of, laughs at, or insults groups, but in the name of the 1918 Fokker DRI triplane, he gets upset when he's treated "unfairly". Being un-PC, and hurting other people's feelings is okay, except when it's done to him.

He's a bully and a coward. If by some chance he got the nomination, that would be the end of the Republican party as we know it.

• Like 2

just curious...

Anybody got a video of this other then a screen shot? I suppose I'll have to check youtube later for whee this occurred to see for myself in what context this was said. I don't trust the media. Donald Trump is a clown. He makes fun of everybody even himself... all the time. Check out his speech from Birmingham Alabama the other day where he went off on this story about himself at the Emmy awards where he says he stood up while they were announcing the winner and begun to walk toward the stage and he didn't win.... he said he looked like a smuck..... it was a pretty funny story...... the guy is a great comedian.

Edited by acidhead

With trump... there is a lot of foot in mouth moments. Sadly he is the best option of either the republican side or democrat side. At least he is paying for his own campaign. Oh by the way, I have a disability too. I'm partially deaf with my inner ear out of wack.

Edited by Uncle Sam

Looked to me like he's imitating any given hysterical liberal having a conniption when challenged. Screw PC.

With the way things are now, half of that might not be such a bad idea.

just curious...

Anybody got a video of this other then a screen shot? I suppose I'll have to check youtube later for whee this occurred to see for myself in what context this was said. I don't trust the media. Donald Trump is a clown. He makes fun of everybody even himself... all the time. Check out his speech from Birmingham Alabama the other day where he went off on this story about himself at the Emmy awards where he says he stood up while they were announcing the winner and begun to walk toward the stage and he didn't win.... he said he looked like a smuck..... it was a pretty funny story...... the guy is a great comedian.

Here is a youtube link to the video

• Like 2