Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Big Bang Update

taniwha

If you dont know about Nanny Galaxies you need to read this.... http://phys.org/news/2014-03-granny-galaxies-early-universe.html Urgently!

While contemplating their discovery and their unusal position in space/time I began to compress my mind and this theory developed.

It is theorised by the team of discoverers that these nanny galaxies matured at an unbelievable speed, but as to how and why is an unsolved mystery.

However I believe it does make sense if the expansion of the universe is not uniform. Why would the biggest explosion of all time expand with perfect symmetry anyway? I realise no one said that, but its important to shake any pre-conceived notion of such a beautiful beginning from your own head to fully appreciate my theory.

Ok.. strap yourself in, hang onto your seat its a hell of a ride :passifier: .....

So anyway my theory... please read on...

Think of the Big Bang as a superduper-massive hyper-volcano. Then multiply that again.

It was a prehistoric time so Im giving the Big Bang a Big Name...Giganticus Galacticus lol ... just for fun.

The most recent example of Giganticus Galacticus 'erupting' lead to our own familiar galaxy, all the while a lethal pyroclastic flow of radiation, overtook and choked the life from the nanny galaxies. We commonly call this 'radioactive ash-cloud' Cosmic Background Radiation and it very effectively veils our detection of what lies beyond, which is of course more galaxies, nice, fat, healthy, breathing ones.

Suprisingly this discovery draws attention back to to this theory i just found. http://www.theguardi...ation.universe.

If my idea is right and we search hard enough that means more and more of these nanny galaxies will appear to emerge, closer and closer to, and even within the Cosmic Background Radiation itself. Time will tell.

Of course if Im wrong and it turns out to be nothing but a slap in the face of physics I hope it is kind enough to turn the other cheek.

Anyway, if you are still there what do you think? or Do you have a theory of your own. :su Thanks for reading.

Edited by taniwha
  • Like 1

NEWS JUST IN from the above link!

Have scientists heard the birth pains of Giganticus Galacticus in action!

Discovery of gravitational waves by Bicep telescope at south pole could give scientists insights into how universe was born

There is intense speculation among cosmologists that a US team is on the verge of confirming they have detected "primordial gravitational waves" – an echo of the big bang in which the universe came into existence 14bn years ago.

http://www.theguardi...-universe-bicep

Edited by taniwha

Well it looks like the boys above might be bracing themselves for a nobel prize. The announcement will be made on Monday at 4pm GMT.

If they are right our understanding of Gravity will be reshaped and our universe redefined. Good luck to them :tu:

Interesting theory...

Are you suggesting that what we perceive to be the ``birth of space/time'' is instead an explosion that occurred within an already-existing space/time?

If not, then I don't understand what you are saying.

If so, then how do you explain the Hubble flow?

• Like 1

Interesting theory...

Are you suggesting that what we perceive to be the ``birth of space/time'' is instead an explosion that occurred within an already-existing space/time?

If not, then I don't understand what you are saying.

Yes you are right to think that. Yes, in this theory the nanny galaxy is a remnant of an already existing space/time. The eminent announcement of the detection of gravitational waves I believe might help account for Hubble flow.

How that looks is a matter of imagination but if the universe is riddled with gravity ripples our ideas of space/time need revised..

A two dimensional model to consider is waves on a pond and how they can distort our perceptions of distance in three dimensions.

Edited by taniwha

Yes you are right to think that. Yes, in this theory the nanny galaxy is a remnant of an already existing space/time. The eminent announcement of the detection of gravitational waves I believe might help account for Hubble flow.

Ok, but if every direction you look distant galaxies are receding from us, then either:

• We are at the epicentre of some vast cosmic event, or
  • Space/time itself came from a small (if not singular) origin.

Ok, but if every direction you look distant galaxies are receding from us, then either:

• We are at the epicentre of some vast cosmic event, or
  • Space/time itself came from a small (if not singular) origin.

These are interesting theories too.

Supposedly from Monday simply rule out the first theory if gravitational waves are announced because the idea being their discovery will confirm the reason for Hubble flow and the existence of an inflating universe.

Space/time originating from a singular point will also be supported by gravitational wave discovery.

If this be the case Astrophysics has earned a well deserved sleep. Maybe these waves could lead to anti gravity machines and alternate energy that would be great!

What do you suppose though? Is it likely there is only one Space? one Time? one Moment?

or Is there more than one Truth?

Everything in the universe appears to cycle so why not the universe itself? The gravitational waves I think of in this way..... we have detected the pulse but we are yet to find the heart itself... so many more mysteries are yet to be revealed.

How would you explain the rapidly evolving life and death cycle of nanny galaxies at so close the Origin?

Is it possible the data is being misinterpreted or even misrepresented? That is also likely.

A two dimensional model to consider is waves on a pond and how they can distort our perceptions of distance in three dimensions.

To expand on this question, think about the gasses in the early universe.

A three dimensional model to consider is hydrogen and oxygen and how they might distort our perceptions of time in four dimensions.

http://www.nasa.gov/...ml#.UyXaH6hdWVY

Edited by taniwha

What do you suppose though? Is it likely there is only one Space? one Time? one Moment?

There is only one space-time. IF there is ``anything else'', it can't be connected to our space-time (by definition, anything connected is all part of the same space-time).

There is no such thing as a ``moment'' that is independent of a frame of reference, and since frames of reference are arbitrary, there is an infinite variety of ``now''.

How would you explain the rapidly evolving life and death cycle of nanny galaxies at so close the Origin?

Frankly, I have no idea.

Is it possible the data is being misinterpreted or even misrepresented? That is also likely.

I think there is a real possibility of the data being misinterpreted.

I'm not an astronomer, so I hesitate to speculate here - I shouldn't second-guess experts when I don't fully understand all of the background that led up to current research - but I think there is a real chance that our interpretation of the astronomical data on extremely distant objects that has been accrued over the last few decades will dramatically change.

• Like 1

There is only one space-time. IF there is ``anything else'', it can't be connected to our space-time (by definition, anything connected is all part of the same space-time).

There is no such thing as a ``moment'' that is independent of a frame of reference, and since frames of reference are arbitrary, there is an infinite variety of ``now''.

Frankly, I have no idea.

I think there is a real possibility of the data being misinterpreted.

I'm not an astronomer, so I hesitate to speculate here - I shouldn't second-guess experts when I don't fully understand all of the background that led up to current research - but I think there is a real chance that our interpretation of the astronomical data on extremely distant objects that has been accrued over the last few decades will dramatically change.

Yes and of course that means our guess is as good as theirs... but if the experts are right, and the nanny galaxies have lived and died as they believe then our accepted model of the evolution of the universe has already been warped.

Which of course means that my Giganticus Galacticus theory is still good.

To recap, .it is possible the nanny galaxies are evidence that our universe is expanding within an already existing universe, this means if it has happened once it is naturally likely to repeat. I dont think a Big Bang provides any evidence in itself that it is a one and only, singular event , if it has been precedented by nature so it must happen again. Take anything you like as an example and see if im wrong.

Science is puzzled. Im not an astronomer either nor am I a beef farmer but I sure can appreciate a good steak on the barbie lol.

In any case the merging of two space/times should create some form of interference and this is exactly the case with CBR.

Some more things that could be considered,

As predicted gravitational waves have been detected and now there is enough room inside our universe for everything because of inflation. Even if this amounts to an established proof of a Big Bang, the exciting thing is the discovery will create new dimensions of thought in physics and space/time theorem.

I think gravitational waves realisticly give more weight to the possibilities for multiple and bubble universes and perhaps even my idea too.

These waves have long been known to exist remember it was just a matter of waiting for the correct forensic technology.

None of us can remember our granparents being born and much less our great granparents being born and so forth in exactly the same way none of us can remember our own births even though we must have surely been present and even though we are living proof of not only ourselves but our ancestors also.

The fact is these events unfold in a systematically and evolutionary way. Technology affords a glimpse of a previous times and possible futures,like examining snapshots in a family album, if you flip back far enough, on down through the years, passing all the colour photos until all your memories are black n white and so on.....whats left beyond that?

Even our imaginations of what we know must be the truth, exist as ghostly remnants within the haze of time. I think this is exactly the same way we experience the universe.

Its probably fair to say that we are more closely related to the Big Bang than the chimpanzee.

Our ultimate universal ancestor, a great great grandmummy in the sky, that gave birth to all time space and matter that we can neither fully understand the mechanism the conception or the delivery thereof. With sciencentific theory we are beginning to vaguely at least form a sense of appreciation of her awesome beauty, dimensions and capabilities.