Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 5 votes

Video Footage Of Fairies In Lady's House

fairies

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#31    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,259 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:07 AM

View Postkannin, on 25 June 2013 - 11:16 PM, said:

firelies fly 8-10m/sec http://wiki.answers....ireflies_fly_km is that fast?
I think it is faster then the bugs in the video! :tsu:

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#32    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

I don't see any fairies, just bugs.

She should catch one in a jar, then charge people money to see the mystical "Fairy in a Jar".

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#33    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 26 June 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

I think it is faster then the bugs in the video! :tsu:
Fireflies aren't white, they're green. At least the ones I saw whilst travelling. I managed to catch one in my hands and it glowed green through my fingers. There isn't a recognised firefly which glows white as far as I know.

P.S. They look like bugs to me too. My reason for posting was the possibility that they are the mini version of 'lizard-birds' or orbs. Maybe the white glowing ufos are actually giant insects from the ice age!

Compare with the leading authority on fireflies where no mention of continuous bright white bioluminescence is even mentioned Types of Fireflies and Scientific Names of Fireflies Found in the Wild

I suspect they're something new.

Edited by RingFenceTheCity, 26 June 2013 - 08:50 AM.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#34    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

I thought of the answer whilst in the shower: the white fireflies are lizard-bird food! That's how they get the chemicals for bioluminescence. It's why will-o-the-wisps are seen in swampy areas. It fits...

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#35    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,172 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostRingFenceTheCity, on 26 June 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

I thought of the answer whilst in the shower: the white fireflies are lizard-bird food! That's how they get the chemicals for bioluminescence. It's why will-o-the-wisps are seen in swampy areas. It fits...
great, you should shower more often. :clap:

Edited by freetoroam, 26 June 2013 - 11:45 AM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#36    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,941 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostRingFenceTheCity, on 26 June 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

I almost spit out my coffee when I read this... You are always damn fine for a goodly laugh. I knew somewhere this would turn more to your preferred kind of cryptids.

#37    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

Didnt Arthur Conan Doyle believe in fairies

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#38    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 26 June 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

Didnt Arthur Conan Doyle believe in fairies
The film version certainly said so. Good film.

FairyTale: A True Story is a 1997 film from Paramount Pictures, loosely based on the story of the Cottingley Fairies.

Attached Files

#39    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

well im glad this is settled

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#40    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

Those are very interesting video clips.
And yes they are fairys...
I love Tinkerbell she is pretty

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM
Wisdom of Magic and Natural Healing Potions enjoy
http://healingpotion...ic.blogspot.com

#41    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:30 AM

View PostLostSouls7, on 27 June 2013 - 12:03 AM, said:

Those are very interesting video clips.
And yes they are fairys...
I love Tinkerbell she is pretty
in this case tinkerbells an insect, id be careful they are wriggly

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#42    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,259 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:25 AM

View PostRingFenceTheCity, on 26 June 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

Compare with the leading authority on fireflies where no mention of continuous bright white bioluminescence is even mentioned
There is pale yellow luminescent fireflys. And I've seen them when I lived in Missouri. And pale yellow could easily be the color of the bugs seen in the OP video.
Posted Image

BUT....... That does not even matter, because the bugs in the OP video are not glowing. You can't see them till they come into the light from the camera. And we know there is light coming from the camera because we can see the bedsheet has a part circle of light on it.

Edit: AND.... You can tell they are not using IR or UV to film because at the very beginning you can see an orage container of hand soap and a blue shirt hanging on the doorknob. Both of which you would not be able to tell color if the video was using IR or UV.

Edited by DieChecker, 27 June 2013 - 02:01 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#43    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 27 June 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

There is pale yellow luminescent fireflys. And I've seen them when I lived in Missouri. And pale yellow could easily be the color of the bugs seen in the OP video.
Err..no. Yellow is yellow and white is white. If you're idea was right, then there'd at least be a single shot with the colour yellow in it, wouldn't there? There isn't one, there're ALL white!

Edited by RingFenceTheCity, 27 June 2013 - 08:24 AM.

#44    Exorcist

Exorcist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:27 AM

Fairies in your house? That's nothing. I once saw Barney the dinosaur leaping across my living room.

"Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."

#45    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,208 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:29 AM

View PostRingFenceTheCity, on 27 June 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

Err..no. Yellow is yellow and white is white. If you're idea was right, then there'd at least be a single shot with the colour yellow in it, wouldn't there? There isn't one, there're ALL white!
So let's now add ignorance of the concept of camera white balance into the 'research' being presented here...

BTW, near where I live we have glowworms/fireflies/whatever that are indeed very bright white, and may even have a slight blue/purple tint to them, subject to my color perception (humans have white balance issues too..)...  I shall try to find out what they are, and maybe even film them.. using a camera with a preset white balance, like a real researcher would..

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users