Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Adventures star gets fired

EnderOTD

Aaron Goodwin has been fired from the Travel Channel television series Ghost Adventures, according to Travel Channel executive and spokesman Richard Roscolelli. Goodwin was fired from the series following a rant while being interviewed on a popular podcast. During the interview on the Are We Alone show hosted by Joshua Sweeney, Goodwin went on about an eight minute rant about how the Travel Channel took everything that was authentic and truly paranormal about the show and made a mockery of it by making the crew record its own voices in place of actual EVP’s (Electronic Voice Phenomena) when filming did not reveal enough evidence to satisfy producers.

http://empirenews.net/ghost-adventures-star-gets-fired-reveals-disappointing-truth-about-paranormal-television-series/

Don't know if this has been posted yet, I did a search and came up with nothing specific. If there is a thread on this feel free to lock this thread or combine into an already ongoing thread. The gist of this that one of the Ghost Adventures crew admits that the Travel channel forced them to fake evidence of the paranormal if they were unable to find any evidence at any location. Even going so far as to reenact instances where they believed they did find evidence to appear more realistic(lol, screaming like a crazy person and cussing at ghost i presume). After he made these comments he was then, you guessed it, fired from the crew! Somewhat damning, but he didn't go so far as to say that the whole operation was a farce.

Yeah upon further research I'm not sure if this story is even true, to much b.s. out there, damn you internet!

• Like 1

Since I have seen a ghost I do believe in them. Do I believe everything these shows say, no.

Personally I like the shows that are reenactments because you can never count on a ghost showing up when you want them to. These shows tend to be much more interesting.

I am not a follower of the Ghost Adventure shows but I am afraid this story posted online back in August is utter B.S. For one, Empirenews.net is a satirical website. For two, Aaron Goodwind refuted the 'story' on his twitter page. He was actually shooting for Ghost Adventure in Ireland at that point. Also, it should have rang a bell that no other news outlet was published about this..

See: http://www.jamespara...n-has-been.html

Edited by sam_comm

• 3 weeks later...

See? I made a thread about thinking these people were frauds once before...

It's disappointing really. Everytime some "paranormal Investigator" is exposed to be a fraud, it makes the entire field of study look like ****... :(

Edited by Midyin

See? I made a thread about thinking these people were frauds once before...

It's disappointing really. Everytime some "paranormal Investigator" is exposed to be a fraud, it makes the entire field of study look like ****... :(

The article is JOKE. It's not true... Empirenews.net is a satirical website.

People need to verify their sources.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

Those *******s! I never heard of Empire News before, so I had be reason not to believe it...

I mean, sure there are lots of fake new sites out there, but articles you would read in "The Onion" or "Weekly World News" are so absurd that they can't possibly be real. This on the other hand was something I allways expected to happen..

If their Mock News is going to be so Realistic and Believable, then they should have to put up a didclaimer saying "Hey, we're lying retards. Don't take us seriously."

I'm a little angry... lol

Those *******s! I never heard of Empire News before, so I had be reason not to believe it...
The fact that it's from a source you'd never heard of before is precisely why you should have been skeptical of it. These forums attract all sorts of cranks and oddballs with "news" articles that doesn't take much time to realise are from "news" websites that will publish any anti-mainstream, anti-science, etc. nonsense nonsense with no editorial oversight. Always vet your sources before taking them seriously.
I mean, sure there are lots of fake new sites out there, but articles you would read in "The Onion" or "Weekly World News" are so absurd that they can't possibly be real.
Yet people regularly quote and tweet and post about The Onion as if they are genuine news articles. There was an article in the Onion about thousands of people being massacred during Black Friday shopping stampedes and so many people reposted and retweeted it and put it in on Facebook with comments like "What is this country coming to!" "This is tragic!" actually believing it to be a genuine news article.

There's a thing called Poe's Law which states that it's impossible to create a parody or satire no matter how ridiculous or extreme that someone won't mistake it for the real thing. No matter how silly some parody or joke news article is, someone will think it's genuine.

This on the other hand was something I allways expected to happen..
And that is exactly why people swallow these kind of stories without fact checking them. Because it conforms to the kind of thing they expect to happen. People believe the Onion when they run silly anti-Obama satire pieces or articles about how the war on Christmas has been won and Christmas is now illegal, etc. because in their heads it's what they imagine might actually happen so they just swallow it up.
If their Mock News is going to be so Realistic and Believable, then they should have to put up a didclaimer saying "Hey, we're lying retards. Don't take us seriously."
I agree, all satire and parody websites should loudly declare themselves to be "lying retards" to their readers in order to prevent people from taking them seriously. That makes sense.

Having said all that, it doesn't come across as good satire. There's nothing particularly funny or satirical about the article. If The Onion wanted to do a satire piece about ghost hunting shows, with the quality of the writers they have, they could do a fine job actually making fun of the nature of those kind of shows. This just comes across as stale and unfunny.

Edited by JesseCuster

Aaron Goodwin has been fired from the Travel Channel television series Ghost Adventures, according to Travel Channel executive and spokesman Richard Roscolelli. Goodwin was fired from the series following a rant while being interviewed on a popular podcast. During the interview on the Are We Alone show hosted by Joshua Sweeney, Goodwin went on about an eight minute rant about how the Travel Channel took everything that was authentic and truly paranormal about the show and made a mockery of it by making the crew record its own voices in place of actual EVP’s (Electronic Voice Phenomena) when filming did not reveal enough evidence to satisfy producers.

http://empirenews.ne...evision-series/

Great exposure there.

I found this equally great disclosure also - and on C-SPAN no less.>>>>

http://youtu.be/HWfKdKWJEkM

I agree, all satire and parody websites should loudly declare themselves to be "lying retards" to their readers in order to prevent people from taking them seriously. That makes sense.

Having said all that, it doesn't come across as good satire. There's nothing particularly funny or satirical about the article. If The Onion wanted to do a satire piece about ghost hunting shows, with the quality of the writers they have, they could do a fine job actually making fun of the nature of those kind of shows. This just comes across as stale and unfunny.

But this article isn't satire. There's no jokes or humore anywhere in it. It's just a lie for the sake of telling a lie...