Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Midget Mansion

annettemint

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HollyDolly

• NoMeV

• dmgodd

• mmmben

Now that was interesting. :huh: I never heard about this place but thank you for sharing. ^_^

That sounds like it has all the makings of spirit activity, with the murder and rituals

I'd have to agree with that... :devil:

*sniff sniff* Do I smell urban legend?.. ...

that's what I was thinking...maybe if they had a picture of it it'd be a bit more credible...

I live in San Antonio, and have heard a lot of stories about Midget Mansion, actually I don't live too far from the grounds so maybe I can head out there and take a few pics. I've never been there personally since it was torn down a long time ago. I'm not even sure when exactly it was torn down. I can ask around though...I'm sure some one knows.

Another great story from San Antonio are the railraod tracks where a bus full of kids was hit by a train, but that is another topic. I'll search to see if it's on here already.

I enjoyed that link thanks for the info.

I live in San Antonio, and have heard a lot of stories about Midget Mansion, actually I don't live too far from the grounds so maybe I can head out there and take a few pics. I've never been there personally since it was torn down a long time ago. I'm not even sure when exactly it was torn down. I can ask around though...I'm sure some one knows.

Another great story from San Antonio are the railraod tracks where a bus full of kids was hit by a train, but that is another topic. I'll search to see if it's on here already.

Looks like you wont be getting any pics any time soon. I did a little research:

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/TX-Sa...nts-276434.html

I couldn't find any pics of the mansion but hey it did exist. ;)

I've been to midget mansion, or at least the grounds where it once stood. It burned down a few years ago. All that's left is an overgrown lot, bare foundation, a stone well, beer cans, and a few deer. It's a little creepy, but the tejano music coming from across the highway kills the mood.

Did anyone read the apartment review from the other link?!

I think I would've prefered a midget ghost.

Thats what i was thinking i mean smelling as well. Lol intresting story though sounds like a tyical urban legend.

• 2 weeks later...

The apartments mentioned face Medical Dr. but Midget Mansion was actually accessed by the road (can't think of the name to save my life and drove by there today) that runs beside Lindy's Bar, which is on Fredericksburg Rd.

When I was in high school in the late 80's we often drove down there. I was a too scared to walk the grounds and stayed in the car when others would get out. There was some satanic ritual activity there and therefore it was quite dangerous. The way everyone accessed it was by entering right where the road mentioned above takes a very sharp right turn.

I've heard so many versions of what actually occurred there but I don't know that the truth will ever be known. :wacko:

It is one of those things I'll never forget from my youth. Heck, 36 years old now and for some reason decided to Google it! lol :D

**and I'm female, need to figure out how to change that! lol**

Other urban legends of San Antonio: Comanche Hill, the Tracks, the Fat Farm, the Pet Cemetery, the Chinese Cemetery, the Menger Hotel, and so many others!

Edited by Ima

hey thtas funny we were trying to tell my boss about it and couldnt find any pictures. if anyone ever does please post them

The apartments mentioned face Medical Dr. but Midget Mansion was actually accessed by the road (can't think of the name to save my life and drove by there today) that runs beside Lindy's Bar, which is on Fredericksburg Rd.

When I was in high school in the late 80's we often drove down there. I was a too scared to walk the grounds and stayed in the car when others would get out. There was some satanic ritual activity there and therefore it was quite dangerous. The way everyone accessed it was by entering right where the road mentioned above takes a very sharp right turn.

I've heard so many versions of what actually occurred there but I don't know that the truth will ever be known. :wacko:

It is one of those things I'll never forget from my youth. Heck, 36 years old now and for some reason decided to Google it! lol :D

**and I'm female, need to figure out how to change that! lol**

Other urban legends of San Antonio: Comanche Hill, the Tracks, the Fat Farm, the Pet Cemetery, the Chinese Cemetery, the Menger Hotel, and so many others!

hey thtas funny we were trying to tell my boss about it and couldnt find any pictures. if anyone ever does please post them

The name of the streets are tupelo and donore.

About the kids hit by a train on the tracks; I've heard the same story about the area where i live too. Now i am wondering how true it actually is.

Cool! Most of my family live in and around san antonio, and I've haven't heard of most of these! My dad has some pretty cool stories from around that area, he grew up there. . .I'll have to post them sometime. If any of you think of any other interesting things in San Antonio, New Braunsfels, or Catulla, tell me. . .I'm trying to get over there to see my family, and I'd love to take my stepmother ghost/monster hunting. hahahaha.

As for the ghosts and the handprints thing, there's a couple of versions of that here in Alabama and at least two that I can think of in North Carolina. The weird thing is that it really does work if you try it. And I've done it in two different states. I've wondered about it alot, cause just about everywhere you go, there's a story like that. There's another one around here about a "beast". Supposively you park your car at this specific location and you hear scratching noises and when you turn on your headlights nothing (hopefully) is there, but your car is scratched up. Things like that totally freak me out. . .

The thing about the kids and the railroad track is just weird, though. I mean, I've done it, I know it works, but I can't explain why it happens in more than one place and that drives me CRAZY. Surely that many bus loads of kids haven't stalled on railroad tracks, so WTF?

• 5 months later...

Has anyone from San Antonio, TX ever been inside the Midget Mansion??? I know it's not there but I heard alot of crazy stuff happened at that place. For those of you not familiar with the history of the Midget Mansion:

http://www.hereinsa.com/main/about_san_ant...et_mansion.html

The Midget Mansion was off of Fredericksburg Road at Donore Pl. and Tupelo Ln. The first time I heard about Midget Mansion was in 1985/86 when the local SA TV station ran a story about the rise in teen satanism and showed some footage of the decrepit mansion and the very graffitied swimming pool. In the early 1990's I went with a friend to go see if the house still existed and found it had been torn down. All that was left was the long driveway and the foundations of the mansion and guesthouse(?), along with the once beautiful double stairway that led down into a fountain in the front yard. The property was overgrown with weeds, but still had some nice oak trees and it was set on a hill which has a really good view of downtown San Antonio. Whoever owned the place definitley had some big $$$ back in the day. A friend went there when the house was a teen larkfarm and said it was the perfect place to get stoned and sacrifice a cat to Ozzy. The site is now an apartment complex. Part of the original driveway is still visible.

As for the story of there being midgets who lived there and a murder/suicide taking place, I have no idea, but would love to hear what the real story of the place is.

Is the link supposed to be direct to info about the mansion? Cause I can't see any!

Is the link supposed to be direct to info about the mansion? Cause I can't see any!

Well, considering that the last post.....before Mexicajun revived it from the dead.....was back in February 24th, the link is probably dead, I couldn't find anything either.

• 2 weeks later...

:lol: I really don't know much on the Midget mansion.I have heard of the chinese cemetery though.Supposedly a chinese lady was 6 or 7 feet tall,and the other chinese in

in the area this woman lived in made fun of her,so she later commited suicide.

The cemetery is supposed to be located on the grounds of Stinson Field or near it.

When attending a funeral for a friends sister,I did notice something interesting.

In the back park of Mission Burial Park there are some graves inscribed in both english and chinese.I also thought I saw a couple in Japanese as well.

Someone told me there is supposed to be a chinese grave yard in Converse,east of San Antonio,but I'm not sure.

What's the Fat Farm? I never heard of that.

Commanche Lookout Park is located on Commanche Lookout Hill because it was used by settlers as a way to see the enemy coming.There is a water tower designed to look like a castle tower that was built there in 1929.At one time a house stood on top of the hill.

And the local paper had an article about the two busts of indians that used to stand on the gate posts back in the 1960s.

There was in the area a little town named Lookout,but the town has disappeared long ago

I just got two words to say.....nothin' more: "Midget Mansion"

Absolutely awesome !!!!

:tu:

I just got two words to say.....nothin' more: "Midget Mansion"

Absolutely awesome !!!!

:tu:

One more thing to add:

"Midget Mansion RUUUULEZ !!!" whatever it is. (don't have time now to really get into this story) :D