Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A sea of lights in the mid-day sky.

xombie2891

This probably isn't para science but I can't think of a better place to ask than here since I cannot think of for the life of me what it's called.

During the day, cloudy or not, I can look into the sky and focus my eyes on the sky and then beyond it. Sometimes instantly, sometimes it takes a minute for my eyes to adjust properly. When I do this I see small glimmers of lights dancing around. They look like sand sized comets flying all around chaotically. They have a bright core with long tails that fade into the background. There are usually more than one in plain sight at a time, sometimes hundreds. They're there and then gone again so fast it's hard to track any one in particular. I have a lot of theories and have searched Google for answers to no avail. I have yet to find anyone else reporting this sighting anywhere. I'm not alone in seeing them, my wife also claims to have seen them when I brought it to her attention. It's like watching a sea of fireflies migrating across the sky in mid-day, accept bugs don't have tails of light. I just wanna know what this is called or what causes it. I do not know that this is paranormal or not, just that I can't seem to think of what it's called. Does anyone know what this is, or if there's a place that has documented it anywhere?

I've never tried to get them on film, but have never seen them on tv or web video so I'm not sure if it's possible. Guess I'll have to find a camera with a manual focus/zoom and try it out. In the mean time I'll check back to see if anyone has an answer as to what I'm seeing. hopefully it won't turn out to be the sun burning holes in my eye's from an angle. :lol: maybe it's just space junk and dust burning up in the atmosphere from random angles?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xombie2891

• goalienan

• Wallydraigle

• Lightning88

Top Posters In This Topic

This probably isn't para science but I can't think of a better place to ask than here since I cannot think of for the life of me what it's called.

During the day, cloudy or not, I can look into the sky and focus my eyes on the sky and then beyond it. Sometimes instantly, sometimes it takes a minute for my eyes to adjust properly. When I do this I see small glimmers of lights dancing around. They look like sand sized comets flying all around chaotically. They have a bright core with long tails that fade into the background. There are usually more than one in plain sight at a time, sometimes hundreds. They're there and then gone again so fast it's hard to track any one in particular. I have a lot of theories and have searched Google for answers to no avail. I have yet to find anyone else reporting this sighting anywhere. I'm not alone in seeing them, my wife also claims to have seen them when I brought it to her attention. It's like watching a sea of fireflies migrating across the sky in mid-day, accept bugs don't have tails of light. I just wanna know what this is called or what causes it. I do not know that this is paranormal or not, just that I can't seem to think of what it's called. Does anyone know what this is, or if there's a place that has documented it anywhere?

I've never tried to get them on film, but have never seen them on tv or web video so I'm not sure if it's possible. Guess I'll have to find a camera with a manual focus/zoom and try it out. In the mean time I'll check back to see if anyone has an answer as to what I'm seeing. hopefully it won't turn out to be the sun burning holes in my eye's from an angle. :lol: maybe it's just space junk and dust burning up in the atmosphere from random angles?

Answer= don't look at the sun,lol

Answer= don't look at the sun,lol

thing is this is looking into blue sky, not the sun directly and even through gray storm clouds.

I understand what your saying, but even just looking up at a bright sky with clouds can cause illusions of the eyes...And how far up are these sightings.........

I totally know what you mean, Xombie

I thought it was just me...but i kinda had a different way of describing them. :lol: I called them "technicolor sperms" just swimming like crazy all over the sky....i know, silly.

But i never really talked about it because I thought it was all my imagination.

But still...i have no clue why it happens...it just does.

hello

ive done some neat and long research on orbs. its possible (and i say Possible!) that what yall are seeing are orbs. most orbs are always moving at a rather fast pace. and they always have "a tail" for lack of a better word i guess. ive filmed many many orbs and have noticed how they seem to just streak across my camera. i find it quite amazing tho that you and your wife are seeing them with your eyes and not thru infra-red. i have heard many reports, especially concerning children and pets, that orbs can be seen by the naked eye. but its rare that adults do. anyway, im just offering one (1) possible explanation. yours truely ruebarbt

I think everybody sees them, we just don't realize that really, cuz we're used to seeing them. they're just a thing with our eyes. you won't get them on camera, they're just an optical "illusion".