Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The hole which is shrouded in mystery

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#46    conspiracybeliever

conspiracybeliever

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:03 AM

What do you find so mysterious about that hole?  :blink: If I'm thinking what you two are thinking.  :unsure2:

#47    Cryptozological Mascot

Cryptozological Mascot

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

• “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.” –Martin Reese, British Astronomer

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

Funny... I've lived in WA state for most of my life and have never heard of this before.  I'll have to check it out!

Funny... I've lived in WA state for most of my life and have never heard of this before.  I'll have to check it out!

The world is my oyster... and I'm allergic to sea food.
My Background / Credentials

#48    Cryptozological Mascot

Cryptozological Mascot

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

• “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.” –Martin Reese, British Astronomer

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

The full article from Mysterious Universe was pretty interesting...

The world is my oyster... and I'm allergic to sea food.
My Background / Credentials

#49    justcalmebubba

justcalmebubba

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

• there are many things that bump along in the nite but there are sum of us that bump back

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

id almost be willing to bet its got a lot to do with the major fault line  an old old lava tube seal over  some where down in it  but  bet if some one checks thay'll find its on a fault line..lol or the shadow people live there
  since that work for the goverment

#50    cerberusxp

cerberusxp

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

• We all look for truth, however when we find it, some times we wish we hadn't. R. Burch

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:14 AM

This is the image I got.
46°57'38.09" N 120°48'16.89" W
I have lived in Washington most all my life I have never heard of this near Ellensburg. However I heard of one near Vancouver-Longview,WA area where the owner had dumped all kinds of things down it and had filled it only for the stuff to disappear. I contend that that one is connected to the ocean at the bottom and that the tide washes the stuff out.

What we say and do unto others while here on earth are the vessels of our glory or undoing EXCUSE ME WHILE I KISS THE SKY
credentials http://www.unexplain...amp;pid=2291684

" I want the people of America to work less for the Government and more for themselves" Calvin Coolidge 1924
If one were to try and pidgin hole me I'd say I was a Jeffersonian liberal.

#51    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,722 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

A water well that hit a cavern. No big deal.

#52    UniqueWolf

UniqueWolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 24 posts

• If I offend you, I'm so sorry. I'm either just stating my opinion or just trying to make people laugh. I'm sure your awesome (:

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:44 AM

It would be sooo awesome to explore a 'hole' like that!!

#53    Sythra

Sythra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:28 AM

I think what would REALLY be interesting would be to drop some sort of light, like a flare, for example, and see how far it would go. Every method attempted was quite dull and, lets face it, stupid.

Imagine I indeed try to drop a fishing line in there. Let's imagine it reaches the bottom. And I keep dropping it, because there is no way of realising that it did. It seems that using a lightsource would be much more enlightning. This, of course, assuming that this "hole" is real.

#54    conspiracybeliever

conspiracybeliever

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

View PostUniqueWolf, on 30 March 2012 - 02:44 AM, said:

It would be sooo awesome to explore a 'hole' like that!!

It would. It's too small to send people down there. I think the only way to figure out what it is or where it goes would be to start digging and make it bigger so they could.

#55    esperwolf

esperwolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

• A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.
    - Oscar Wilde

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

My guess is this hole may reach depths as large as the trenches of the ocean the largest trench being 35,800ft deep(Mariana Trench). If that is the case then a lot more than fishing lines or ropes would be needed. I would also guess that it slopes at some point thus making it extremely dangerous to explore. There may be inside ledges to rest upon but if the decent is that long it would be better with a automatic winch to help make sure the people do not fall.

#56    Fox Mccloud

Fox Mccloud

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 241 posts

• Stealthy messenger of the gods,
    Cunning and wise, reliable friend,
    Guide my steps through this maze of deception
    And see this problem to its end.

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:10 AM

gateway to Middle Earth or something to do with  dec 21st.

"Every time you pick up your guitar to play, play as if it's the last time." Clapton

#57    linttrap

linttrap

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:24 AM

The Daily Record newspaper seems to think they have located it. I am not so sure they have the right hole!

http://www.dailyreco...ml?mode=jqm_rel

#58    mlauzon

mlauzon

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts
  • Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Planet Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Multiverse

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:44 AM

View PostEnglishgent, on 19 February 2012 - 04:12 AM, said:

Tamsen.
To be perfectly honest, I find your comment hard to believe. Your profile states you have been a member since 4th August 07, yet you have only 6 posts. Were your other 5 posts along the same lines as this one or have you actually contributed in some way to the topics?
Everyone has to have a first post. :)
(if for some reason you have made more than 6 posts and this is purely an admin error, then please disregard what I just typed :) )

Seriously, that's your argument against him.  I've been a member for almost 10 years, and yes, I do have just over 100 posts.  I am on other forums, where a member may post once every few months, or even years; some people make accounts to comment but just end up lurking for a while before posting, as can be the case with Tamsen!

Michael
Posted Image

#59    Apopo

Apopo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 125 posts

• "Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence."

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:02 AM

View Postconspiracybeliever, on 24 February 2012 - 12:03 AM, said:

What do you find so mysterious about that hole?  Posted Image If I'm thinking what you two are thinking.  Posted Image

At first glance, I was thinking of a much different hole. Definitely very interesting (I mean the topic, not the other hole).

"A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees"

#60    Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

Dirt Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:16 PM

I'm surprised we haven't digitally mapped the terrain under the trees in all our forests to great detail like they did with the Hidden City in Cent America.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users