Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Any Jehovah's Witness's believe in ghosts?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#16    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

View PostLostSouls7, on 05 July 2013 - 12:15 AM, said:

They do believe in them.
I have relatives..

and in their books they write that ghosts are really just demons
pretending to be dead people.

They believe in demons ... demons are ghosts to them.
They also wrote that demons love to haunt certain places etc.
essentially yes they believe them to be evil spirits.That essentially are demons

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#17    Allterspace

Allterspace

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:58 AM

Its Ironic I was thinking about this less than an hour ago. I was thinking I wanted to get more information about a witness's belief in ghosts. Athough I am not a witness, I had asked a stong believer about this when I was in my teens about 15 years ago. The man was a good friend and family man in his 40's at the time. He was stong enough in his faith that they did not celebrate holidays or seek medical care. I told him I was interested in the paranormal and asked him if he was interested or believed in ghosts. His beleifs were the same as someone stated already. He believed ghosts are demons. There is good demons and bad demons he said. I should steer clear of messing with them because they can physically hurt me. He has heard stories of demons breaking people's necks. Even talking about them can cause them to come around. That was all he said, he didn't want to draw them to us by talking about them anymore.

Hope my story helps a little. I also hope there is some Jehovah witness in here that could give us a more detailed report of their beliefs in the paranormal. Also UFO's and aliens. But I doubt it because they are highly strict to their faith and dont really care what others feel about them. I don't blame them, they get a bad wrap!

Edited by Allterspace, 05 July 2013 - 02:00 AM.

#18    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,828 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 04 July 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

There are many Jehovah Witnesses in my family, my mom doesn't believe in ghosts and my uncle does ( hes a Jehovah's witness ), Just because some religion tells you that something doesn't exist is not automatically going to make you believe in it or not.  Nice lumping everybody together though Jehovah's Witnesses aren't a hive mind

Well, if someone were to follow their religion, Jehovas on this one, they would not believe in Ghosts. Now, if they say they do, and say they are a Jehovas W., then they are not following their religion, and do not believe their religion.

I am not lumping everything together, I just read about how they do not believe in ghosts / spirits and found that interesting.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#19    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,828 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:28 AM

View PostDarkwind, on 04 July 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

The ones I know (3) don't.  Told me you wait in the grave until you're called and everybody goes at once to where ever they go.

Exactly.....

Now, as some have mentioned, some say they believe they exist and are demons, or whatever. As I said, they are not following their religion then.

But......

Every religion has certain things stated, and many change those things to fit them.

That is why being agnostic makes it easy for me to say what I do, I can read their " rules " and see from the outside when people are not being what they say.

If you read what they are " supposed " to " believe ", then they do not believe in ghosts.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#20    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:32 AM

Well It's up to each individual to choose wether they want to believe in an afterlife, now does that mean there not Jehovah's witnesses because they choose to believe in an afterlife? I don't think so you can still believe in Jehovah.  Agnostic so you don't believe there is a god?

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 05 July 2013 - 02:35 AM.

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#21    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,828 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:42 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 05 July 2013 - 02:32 AM, said:

Well It's up to each individual to choose wether they want to believe in an afterlife, now does that mean there not Jehovah's witnesses because they choose to believe in an afterlife? I don't think so you can still believe in Jehovah.  Agnostic so you don't believe there is a god?

Agnostic meaning " not sure what to believe in "....

I consider " atheist " meaning does not believe in a God.

Anyway, I do not think a Christian should call themselves a Christian if they bend the rules, same with any religion. So, for me, if a Jehova says he or she believes in ghosts, I would say they can not call themselves a Jehova.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#22    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:23 AM

View PostSakari, on 05 July 2013 - 02:42 AM, said:

Anyway, I do not think a Christian should call themselves a Christian if they bend the rules, same with any religion. So, for me, if a Jehova says he or she believes in ghosts, I would say they can not call themselves a Jehova.
Ah I see

#23    Insaniac

Insaniac

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:53 AM

I used to study the Bible with a JW. We believe ghost's are unclean spirits.

When a man or woman dies, that's it. They lay in a grave until the resurrection in which they are called by Christ Jesus.

Also, anybody that claims to have seen Jehovah is either deceived or telling a lie. It tells us in the Bible that none are able to see Jehovah God, and live. - Exodus 33:20

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened their heart against Him, and succeeded"? ~ Job 9:4

#24    Realm

Realm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

• "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Albert Einstein

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:05 AM

So a Jehovah witness ghost is out of the question..

#25    Realm

Realm

• 1,919 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:07 AM

View PostInsaniac, on 05 July 2013 - 04:53 AM, said:

I used to study the Bible with a JW. We believe ghost's are unclean spirits.

When a man or woman dies, that's it. They lay in a grave until the resurrection in which they are called by Christ Jesus.

Also, anybody that claims to have seen Jehovah is either deceived or telling a lie. It tells us in the Bible that none are able to see Jehovah God, and live. - Exodus 33:20

Moses knew him face to face as the scripture says. Is Moses still alive?

#26    Insaniac

Insaniac

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:12 AM

View PostRealm, on 05 July 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

Moses knew him face to face as the scripture says. Is Moses still alive?

Which scripture explains that?

Chances are as usual, someone whom hasn't studied the Bible has taken it out of context. I mean that respectfully.

Edit - Wait, *knowing* somebody face-to-face isn't the same as seeing them face-to-face.

Edited by Insaniac, 05 July 2013 - 05:14 AM.

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened their heart against Him, and succeeded"? ~ Job 9:4

#27    Realm

Realm

• 1,919 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:20 AM

Gen_32:30
And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Exo_33:11
And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

Edited by Realm, 05 July 2013 - 05:21 AM.

#28    Insaniac

Insaniac

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:25 AM

View PostRealm, on 05 July 2013 - 05:20 AM, said:

Gen_32:30And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Humbly, verse 22 explains Jacob arose *by night* with verse 24 explaining how he grappled with God. He certainly grappled with the Lord, but it was during the night when crossing the river Jabbok, I believe. Jacob never actually saw God's face from what scripture provides.

I meant to explain earlier that the Bible explains we cannot see God's *face* and live, not that we cannot see God as a living being. My apologies.

Exo_33:11

And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

If memory serves me correctly, this was during the time the ancient Israelite's were either escaping Egypt or on their way to the "Land flowing with milk and honey". Meaning, God took on the form of a pillar of smoke by day and a pillar of fire by night.

The Lord saw Moses face-to-face quite literally, but Moses could not have seen God's face for He took on the form of a pillar of smoke/fire.

#29    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

View PostSakari, on 05 July 2013 - 02:42 AM, said:

Agnostic and Atheist seem like the same thing to me, Because Atheist don't believe there is a god and Agnostics don't know what to believe, So therefor there not praying to any higher power. But just my opinion

#30    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,828 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 05 July 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

Agnostic and Atheist seem like the same thing to me, Because Atheist don't believe there is a god and Agnostics don't know what to believe, So therefor there not praying to any higher power. But just my opinion

Well, I call myself Agnostic, that may be the wrong term.

As for not praying to any " power ", I " pray " in my own way. When people are hurting I ask for help for them, I am not asking anyone in particular, more like :

" Please, someone help these people "

And, it is a prayer of sorts. This goes for animals, myself, my parents, my wife, etc.....

I may not know what to believe, but there is nothing wrong with asking for help, maybe someone is listening and just might answer.

For me, I was baptised Lutheran. I saw to many people lying, and not following what they preach. I have witnessed this with Mormons, Christians, Jewish, etc,etc,etc.

I have read the Bible, and started on the Quran ( spelling? )....To many things in both I can not see being moral, or even possible. ( the flood for one ).

Buddhism would be a great fit for me, for what I have read anyway. Although, I could see myself being heathen.

Anyway, just rambling.....

How I live my life with no religion....

1. I help anyone that I can help, strangers included.As long as they are trying to help themselves.

2. I treat everyone, and everything how I want to be treated.

3. I do not judge people by how they look, how much money they have, or how clean their house is. I do judge people, by how they act, and how they present themselves to others, and to other things. ( Animals, environment, etc. )

4. I treat the environment and nature with respect, as I want to see my Grandchildren get to enjoy it.

5. I do everything I can to support my family, whether I like it or not.

6. I do not yell at anyone, I talk to everyone, and speak exactly how I feel. I do not sugarcoat anything, and I will not enable anyone by saying what they want to hear.

Anyway, have a great day :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users