Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NK threatens strike on US airbases.

shrooma

lol we'll see

we leave our B-52's in SK now. Damn gas has gone up I guess.

• Like 2

I dunno how the NK's have the cheek to complain!

the B52's have made some cracking songs, and who WOULDN'T like to spend all day looking at kate pierson and her fantastically wad bazoomages??

funny lot, these north koreans.....

:-)

• Like 3

Their silly sabre rattling really is going to backfire one day, isn't it.

• Like 1

Their silly sabre rattling really is going to backfire one day, isn't it.

probably havelock, as their technology seems to be on par with the albanian state washing machine company, a backfire seems almost certain!

:-)

• Like 1

the B52's have made some cracking songs, and who WOULDN'T like to spend all day looking at kate pierson and her fantastically wad bazoomages??

Mixed up priorities I guess. :su:clap::su:clap:

• Like 2

Not being funny, but if you dangle your tackle (think about it, I don't mean fishing tackle) in the amazon river..... Don't complain when a Piranha bites....

The US government is obviously trying to intimidate them which is an absolutely stupid idea.

who arent the uSA Govmnt trying to intimidate these days Coffey...

Not being funny, but if you dangle your tackle (think about it, I don't mean fishing tackle) in the amazon river..... Don't complain when a Piranha bites....

The US government is obviously trying to intimidate them which is an absolutely stupid idea.

Intimidate them? How? By having an annual military exercise?

• Like 4

Oh yes were so innocent.

• Like 1

Intimidate them? How? By having an annual military exercise?

Right next to them... YES. lol How can you not see that? lol

If you lived in Texas and took your gun to New York and waved it around in front of people.... What do you think would happen?

Its North korea not USA that is doing it

From the article itself it states that NK is threatening in response to US air force presence. That is not NK starting it at all. If you know someone is volatile and dangerous you don't start showing them your armory.

Edited by Coffey

i do agree with coffey, actually, I think, the trouble is that the U.S. and S. korea [the people who gave us Gangnam Style, don't forget, so they can hardly act all innocent and being unjustly bullied, can they] can only think in the same way as whichever Kim it is currently in charge; they can only think in terms of militaristic blustering and sabre rattling too.

Edited by Lord Vetinari
  • Like 2

If you lived in Texas and took your gun to New York and waved it around in front of people.... What do you think would happen?

From the article itself it states that NK is threatening in response to US air force presence. That is not NK starting it at all. If you know someone is volatile and dangerous you don't start showing them your armory.

The idea is to keep NK quiet, Nk would still threaten anyone even if a fishing boat was around.

• Like 3

The idea is to keep NK quiet, Nk would still threaten anyone even if a fishing boat was around.

So the idea is to keep them quiet by flying bombers around them? And that is exactly my point.

• Like 3

And, if the S. Korean navy runs one of its ships onto the rocks, as happened a couple of years ago, claiming that it was actually torpedoed by NK (and showing the actual torpedo that sank it, complete with N. Korean markings) doesn't really do much for their credibility, or help to defuse tensions very muich, does it.

uSA Govmnt makes me nervous

• Like 1

They do it annually. They are not trying to "intimidate" them any more than any other year in that sense.

And do you know why its held in SK? 2 reasons: 1. Its a joint US/SK exercise. 2. Training is better when its done on a terrain similar to what you'd be operating on.

I see nothing wrong with the US's nor SKs actions regarding the exercises, just as I see nothing wrong with NK conducting their own exercises. Militaries practice. Theres nothing surprising about that.

The NK threats started much earlier than this. If you know someone is volatile and dangerous and is making demands, you don't just cede to whatever demands they make.

Regardless... even if this was a show of US/SK military power, I do not see fault with them. NK threatened to nuke the US. The US showing NK that they are within the USs sphere of military influence is not "wrong" simply because you, Coffey, say it is.

• Like 6

So the idea is to keep them quiet by flying bombers around them? And that is exactly my point.

How about NK conducting an artillery strike on an island killing 16 SK soldiers? SK and the US have shown great restraint when dealing with NK, despite their belligerence, threats and actions.

• Like 4

And, if the S. Korean navy runs one of its ships onto the rocks, as happened a couple of years ago, claiming that it was actually torpedoed by NK (and showing the actual torpedo that sank it, complete with N. Korean markings) doesn't really do much for their credibility, or help to defuse tensions very muich, does it.

A friend of mine who knows a thing or two about Naval weapons and there effects on ships recognized the damage as the result of a torpedo.

~Thanato

• Like 2

A friend of mine who knows a thing or two about Naval weapons and there effects on ships recognized the damage as the result of a torpedo.

~Thanato

And S. Korea managing to find & retrieve the actual Torpedo, and put it on display so that everyone could see the N. Korean markings on it. That doesn't look at all fishy? It might have been the result of an explosion underneath the keel, yes; but that might quite possibly be the result of a Mine, might it not? Of which there are plenty in those waters, NK and SK, and might even have been left over from the Korean War.

And S. Korea managing to find & retrieve the actual Torpedo, and put it on display so that everyone could see the N. Korean markings on it. That doesn't look at all fishy? It might have been the result of an explosion underneath the keel, yes; but that might quite possibly be the result of a Mine, might it not? Of which there are plenty in those waters, NK and SK, and might even have been left over from the Korean War.

No, it doesn't seem fishy at all, They find explosive fragments all the time doing BDA's. I can assume that they would be able to find the torpedo fragments, knowing the location of the attack all they had to do was search the area.

~Thanato

• Like 1

How about NK conducting an artillery strike on an island killing 16 SK soldiers? SK and the US have shown great restraint when dealing with NK, despite their belligerence, threats and actions.

That does not affect the point. Just because someone else does something stupid and wrong, it doesn't mean you should shove your military in their faces. That will jsut cause more trouble... Which it did.