- 42% of the government's total benefit expenditure goes to the elderly
- only 5 families in the UK get more than £100,000 in benefits (don't tell the Daily Mail!)
- asylum seekers are not entitled to benefits (again, don't tell the Daily Mail!)
- only 0.8% of entire benefit spending goes on false claims
- only 2.5% of total government expenditure goes on people who are unemployed (a truly MASSIVE drain on the economy, I'm sure you'll all agree)
- the share of national income spent on social security reached an all-time high in 1993/94 - which was actually a Tory government. So all the nonsense about our alleged benefit state brought in by labour is nothing more than lies
So please, the next time you read a story written by an elitist news outlet - a story designed to paint the poor of this country as the real drain on the UK economy, a story forced upon us as a means to deflect attention away from the real drainage crew - remember, the story you are reading was written by and for a multi-million pound corporation with their own agendas.
It is despicable just how easily these news outlets have been able to paint a tiny minority of people as the evil money drainers of our economy when the facts do not support the theory in the slightest. It is a testament to just how stupid the masses of this tiny island really are. And it is George Orwell 101.