Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Piers Morgan debates Ted Nugent on GunControl

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#16    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,685 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostMichelle, on 06 February 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

This idiot is still spreading the misinformation that an AR-15 was used in the Sandy Hook shooting. And people talk about FOX news.

You prefer the conspiracy theory that one wasn't?

#17    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• 2,413 posts

• We don't need to conquer the world, we need to conquer our individual selves first. Then the world will be at peace.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

View PostStellar, on 06 February 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

Why is it that the most adamant "responsible" gun owners on this forum seem to be the ones joking and/or threatening to use their guns to shoot people?

There's reasonable people here, like HerNibs and Michelle... and then theres the more vocal ones who talk of actually shooting people.

Yeah...that is what hate and fear does, brings out the worst in some people. I'm progun, but I don't worry about individuals like Piers Morgan because I know what his game is all about. It's called "ratings" and he's good at getting them. Best way to get your ratings up and attention on him is to talk about gun control and act like he's a crusader. Like Al Gore is with climate control. Everybody wants to make their mark, Piers is no exception. To me he's harmless, I don't take him seriously.

Edit: Typo....

Edited by Purifier, 06 February 2013 - 05:23 PM.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#18    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 37,146 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

View PostTiggs, on 06 February 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

Well, it seemingly was found "in the car" :innocent:

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#19    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,685 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 06 February 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

Well, it seemingly was found "in the car" :innocent:

I think you'll find that was a shotgun.

#20    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 16,512 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

View PostTiggs, on 06 February 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

http://www.ijreview....town-shootings/

By the way...thank you, Stellar.

Edited by Michelle, 06 February 2013 - 05:49 PM.

#21    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 37,146 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

View PostMichelle, on 06 February 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

Wait, I don't get it, it seez there

The weapons seized from the attacker Adam Lanza are as follows, according to the State Police:

#1. Bushmaster .223 caliber– model XM15-E2S rifle with high capacity 30 round clips

#2. Glock 10 mm handgun
#3. Sig-Sauer P226 9mm handgun
Seized from suspect’s car in parking lot:
#4. Izhmash Canta-12 12 gauge Shotgun    (seized from car in parking lot)

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#22    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 16,512 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

What don't you get...there was no AR-15. I expect the media to get their facts straight, especially after this long.

#23    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,685 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

View PostMichelle, on 06 February 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

An AR-15 is the name for a particular class of Rifle, of which a Bushmaster .223 caliber model XM15-E2S is just one variant of.

Edited by Tiggs, 06 February 2013 - 05:54 PM.

#24    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 2,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

I have heard so many conflicting reports on this story im sick of it,can anyone report the truth anymore?Seems agenda's and paid off msm by either side want to stir up as much trouble as they can.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#25    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostUncle Sam, on 06 February 2013 - 06:25 AM, said:

He needs to shut up, he has no say what we do with our constitution, besides it was created by our founding fathers because of his nation.

CNN do not want him to shut up.. Knowing how strong opinionated he is, and getting him to face some of Americas strong minded gun owners, is exactly what boosts their ratings, and TV shows want just that.. The goal is to produce a show to get as many as possible to watch it, regardless the subject.. Only thing that matters to them more are the ratings  The feistier  the arguments are, all the better for CNN ratings .... CNN know that no one is interested in a boring debate, they need this sort of thing..  ..  If you were running CNN yourself, you would need someone like Piers Morgan and strong opposition to boost your stations ratings.. Think about it, it's all about the ratings..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 06 February 2013 - 06:06 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#26    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 16,512 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostTiggs, on 06 February 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

An AR-15 is the name for a particular class of Rifle, of which a Bushmaster .223 caliber model XM15-E2S is just one variant of.

I'm not interested in arguing semantics, thank you.

#27    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 37,146 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostMichelle, on 06 February 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

What don't you get...there was no AR-15. I expect the media to get their facts straight, especially after this long.

That is from your link.

And an assault rifle, at least according to its inventors, is an automatic loading gas operated rifle (See Gewehr 44, also known as Sturmgewehr or Assault Rifle). The Bushmaster sure fits that description. Calling a donkey horse does not change its nature.

Edited by questionmark, 06 February 2013 - 06:13 PM.

about me

#28    Shayde

Shayde

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

I expect the media to get their facts straight, especially after this long.

Media (of any sort, whether it be television, radio or even web based) reporting facts?  Wow, that would be a odd concept! :innocent:    After all, why change the habits they've got themselves into for so long!

Okay, this is going to be a response in stages, so bear with me:

On Morgan first. That way I get away from that sanctimonious jerk quickly....

Don't you get it, oh backward colonial types? Why, what he is doing is trying to help you all understand just how SILLY you all are! :yes:   See, giving his vast experience of writing then editing one of the UK's less salubruious newspapers, not to mention writing two (possibly, could be more, but I'm not even going to bother and check this because I really hate this bugger) well selling books on his life, and lest we forget, his stint on a talent show (Amazing that. He has sod all talen himself. Well, you could I suppose call being so flaming arrogant a talent, in which case he's good at that!) he simply is a genius in knowing how to sort out ALL of society's ills, especially those of a country he's not a citizen of!  Why you ought to be THANKFUL at his words of wisdom. :innocent:

Or better yet, just shake your heads, and switch off any show he appears on. Piers Morgan is an ********, end of matter. And for the love of whichever diety you follow, DO NOT send him back over here. There must be some deserted islands off your coast you can ditch him on....

Look, on the gun debate issue I will say it is a matter for the US to deal with, but for Pete's sake it has to be dealt with now. Yes, your laws allow ownership of firearms, but do you really want to go down the idea some folk are coming out with that everyone - non criminal types - should carry a gun? The wild west is a part of your past, and it wasn't like the movies. So it is well past time for all sections of American society to get it thrashed out, and make laws that will prevent any more tragedies in schools, churches, even your street corners of shootings that are not just carried out by crooks and criminals, but by those who frankly ought not to be near a pea shooter let alone a sidearm.

#29    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

View PostMichelle, on 06 February 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

I'm not interested in arguing semantics, thank you.

But, Michelle, isnt that exactly what you're doing when arguing that an XM15 shouldnt be called an AR15?

Up here we refer to any variation of the AR15 as an AR15. The only reason Bushmaster calls their weapon the XM15 is because AR15 is trademarked to Colt. The weapon itself (the design of it) is essentially the same and common nomenclature calls this design (and variations of it) the AR15.

If I were to use another example: The military uses the M16. The M16 has had many different variations over the years, M16A1, M16A2, etc. Those are slight modifications but share the same design, and hence they weapons in general are called M16s. Only when you the need arises to be extremely specific does the exact varient's name come into play.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#30    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 7,451 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

lol, they can't even spell the model of the shotgun right.it is not canta, but saiga. btw same mistake in both sources, perty much copy paste job.

RESIDENT TROLL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users