Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

“Paranormal CSI - Ghost Hunting 101"

Karlis

Ghost hunting - regardless of whether you're a believer, a skeptic, or indifferent - has its own unique methodology, requiring both sophisticated technology and otherworldly tools, along with analysis, deduction, calculations, and the ability to discern when something is merely a fluke, rather than a brush with the spirit world. arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karlis

• Keel M.

• The Dreamer - Hybrid89

• pinupgirl

I wonder if they teach how to capture faeries, as well.

LOL!!

Yeah, 6 weeks to learn how to run around in the dark and misuse equipment.

So? :)

After all, 101 courses are often very basic. it's not unusual for people with no previous experience in some subject to do a 40-hour course, and collect a 101 certificate. Some people make a career of collecting legitimate 101 certificates. Nothing wrong with that, is there?

Edited by Karlis

I agree Karlis. Besides, anyone who has been through college knows that there are fluff courses for students to take. I'm betting this is one of those kinds.

I agree Karlis. Besides, anyone who has been through college knows that there are fluff courses for students to take. I'm betting this is one of those kinds.

101 "Fluff courses" exist in most fields of education. *Often* one give-away clue is that they are non-credit courses. Note the following in the OP article:

Kolek, of Dracut, has been honing for years, and now he's sharing his tactics in "Paranormal CSI - Ghost Hunting 101.'' Offered for the first time through Northern Essex Community College's
noncredit
personal enrichment program, the six-week course ...

Of course, all Universities have well-qualified 101 courses -- so my statement does not denigrate 101 courses as such.

Karlis

im so doing this course!

They should offer a course on brain damage. The "profs" and "students" would learn something about themselves, such as why they believe in ghosts.

They should offer a course on brain damage. The "profs" and "students" would learn something about themselves, such as why they believe in ghosts.

:rolleyes:

im so doing this course!

From way over in Ireland?

Nothing wrong at all with someone taking 101 courses. I would take a course on ghost hunting if it were offered here.

At last, something to put on my resume/CV when i apply to work with the Ghostbusters. ;)

Hell ya from all the way over here ;-)