Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 5 votes

Church of Scientology to be charged

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,742 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 29 December 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

I can't stand half those people... Acting wise, anyway.  Tom cruise being the worst.  If anyone had ever read a Jack Reacher novel, they Won't go to see tom in the new movie...talk about bad casting.  His scientology faction probably got him the job.
did you ever see that scientology movie john travolta was in? Battlefield Earth...omg it was so bad! no i didn't watch it in its entirety. as soon as i caught wind of the propaganda i shut it off.
here's a quote from wikipedia
"Battlefield Earth was released on May 12, 2000. The film was a major commercial failure and critical flop and has been widely acknowledged as being one of the worst films ever made.[5][6]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_Earth_(film)

JGirl's official tune of the day - hear it here!

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

#32    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,697 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 29 December 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

I never knew this part. I think its time for the wiccans to teach them a lesson....
The more that you read about them, the more that you will find out how scary they are.  And some of the practices are just wacked.  http://en.wikipedia...._Lisa_McPherson just one death that they contributed to.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#33    HammeroftheGods

HammeroftheGods

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

Nancy Cartwright(voice of Bart Simpson) is also in the CO$. Celebrities are treated very differently than common folk in the CO$.

"MAKE MONEY. MAKE MORE MONEY. MAKE OTHER PEOPLE PRODUCE SO AS TO MAKE MORE MONEY."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter (HCOPL), 9 March 1972

Operation Clambake

#34    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,697 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

View PostHammeroftheGods, on 30 December 2012 - 12:52 AM, said:

Nancy Cartwright(voice of Bart Simpson) is also in the CO$. Celebrities are treated very differently than common folk in the CO$.

I know!  That really irks me!

#35    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

View PostJGirl, on 29 December 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

did you ever see that scientology movie john travolta was in? Battlefield Earth...omg it was so bad! no i didn't watch it in its entirety. as soon as i caught wind of the propaganda i shut it off.
here's a quote from wikipedia
"Battlefield Earth was released on May 12, 2000. The film was a major commercial failure and critical flop and has been widely acknowledged as being one of the worst films ever made.[5][6]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_Earth_(film)

LMAO!!  I remember that movie!  Reluctantly, though, you're right it was awful...awful stupid too.  I loved Travolta when he was a sweat hog, but much like cruise, he's just getting crazier as he gets older.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#36    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 30 December 2012 - 01:30 AM, said:

I know!  That really irks me!

what is a CO$?

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#37    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• 1,097 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

I loved the book battlefield earth but the movie.. oh gods.. I really really want that 60 minutes of my life back.. I could not watch the full thing..

COS = Church of Scientology

#38    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,742 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

View PostDingoLingo, on 30 December 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

I loved the book battlefield earth but the movie.. oh gods.. I really really want that 60 minutes of my life back.. I could not watch the full thing..

frankly i was embarrassed for john 'revolta' - even though he isn't a great actor by any standards, he certainly wouldn't have won any awards with his performance in that movie lol

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

#39    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

View PostDingoLingo, on 30 December 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

Ahhh...thank you.  Seems obvious now.  Lol

#40    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

The CO$ has more holes than swiss cheese.  :alien:

#41    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,742 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostCRIPTIC CHAMELEON, on 30 December 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

The CO$ has more holes than swiss cheese.  :alien:
and more nuts than a snickers bar

#42    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,697 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

View PostJGirl, on 30 December 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

and more nuts than a snickers bar
So true!  I really question the intelligence of people who follow this cult.

#43    Stubbly_Dooright

Stubbly_Dooright

Psychic Spy

• 1,543 posts

• Take off your clothes
    Take off everything you are
    Take off your heart
    Get funky on the dance floor
    (FiveForFight-PoliceMan'sXmasParty)

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

I can't stand half those people... Acting wise, anyway.  Tom cruise being the worst.  If anyone had ever read a Jack Reacher novel, they Won't go to see tom in the new movie...talk about bad casting.  His scientology faction probably got him the job.

Well, I for one do not believe at all in Scientology. Although, I will respect other's belief in it, for it is their right, as I want others to respect my right to my belief, or lack there of. Anyways, I do read the Lee Child 'Jack Reacher' novels, and you are on the money with your remark. I will not see it. Despite the fact, it dropped the particular novel's original title, that the movie is taking it from, that book has Jack Reacher's six foot height as part of the plot, and Tom Cruise does not, excuse the pun, measure up to Jack Reacher. I have my pick's who could play Reacher, Cruise would be my last pick, or no pick at all. As for him getting the part, I wonder about that too. Nevertheless, I will not see the film because of this. I am a bookseller, and I get the same feelings from customers who are also fans of the Lee Child's books. His scientology does not play into our feelings in this.

Posted Image

#44    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,697 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

View PostStubbly_Dooright, on 01 January 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

Well, I for one do not believe at all in Scientology. Although, I will respect other's belief in it, for it is their right, as I want others to respect my right to my belief, or lack there of. Anyways, I do read the Lee Child 'Jack Reacher' novels, and you are on the money with your remark. I will not see it. Despite the fact, it dropped the particular novel's original title, that the movie is taking it from, that book has Jack Reacher's six foot height as part of the plot, and Tom Cruise does not, excuse the pun, measure up to Jack Reacher. I have my pick's who could play Reacher, Cruise would be my last pick, or no pick at all. As for him getting the part, I wonder about that too. Nevertheless, I will not see the film because of this. I am a bookseller, and I get the same feelings from customers who are also fans of the Lee Child's books. His scientology does not play into our feelings in this.
I would generally agree with you, but, when a 'religion' has people killed or harrassed because they disagree with their religion or have quit their reilgion, then, yes, I do judge them.  also, the deaths their 'cleansing' has caused is absolutely horrible, I really don't understand why they haven't been investigated and charged.

Edited by glorybebe, 01 January 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#45    Stubbly_Dooright

Stubbly_Dooright

Psychic Spy

• 1,543 posts

• Take off your clothes
    Take off everything you are
    Take off your heart
    Get funky on the dance floor
    (FiveForFight-PoliceMan'sXmasParty)

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 01 January 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

I would generally agree with you, but, when a 'religion' has people killed or harrassed because they disagree with their religion or have quit their reilgion, then, yes, I do judge them.  also, the deaths their 'cleansing' has caused is absolutely horrible, I really don't understand why they haven't been investigated and charged.

Don't get me wrong, I don't approve of that either. It could be I don't usually research this religion, and/or not getting enough information, but I don't usually hear about that. I think I remember reading something sometime back, but that's it. That is not to say, I don't believe you, I just haven't heard it myself, and what you post is some FIY for me. Frankly, I have heard this happening to various folks who have various religions, here and there.
I agree with you, if they are doing this, and I'm not doubting you that they are, that is dispicable. Frankly, anytime care is denied a person, because of the family's belief, I think that is wrong. Chasing a person down and hurting them, because they left, is also wrong. Really, why? Shows me some people are not self assured in their religion and that they believe it's wrong, if they have to chase people who are leaving.
  I pretty much question Jett Travolta's death, but is that for me to do so?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users