Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pres. Obama's birth certificate

Vincennes

I'm new and perhaps you faithful followers of this site have already discussed this.

Excuse me it's an old topic. However, although I had heard this topic brought up, I never looked at the birth certificate until a friend brought it to my attention during the last election. And, friend, I don't think this is genuine. In fact being an old/old/old secretary/AA/Office Manager, I see some errors I believe I can identify why whoever made this goofed.

I will just address what I see and is one of the things that is questioned i the spacing between the letters. Electric typewriters weren't out there much until the early 60's. In the late 60's they came out with a new, electric with proportional font. Keep in mind this was before word writers/computers. Type looked great but a small a took up one space, a small n took up two spaces and an m three.

Not kidding, really, it did. So if you made a mistake you had to know how many backspaces to go back to the position you needed to correct. If you didn't have this memorized, going back would always be somewhat out of place.

If you didn't use tab faithfully on these typewriters as unprofesssionals usually don't - You can't line it up!!!!

I believe that is why nothing in this birth certificate is lined up (another question about it'ss authenticty)!

Someone went for an old electric typewriter to create it and got one that was proportional type.

Anyone else see other things ?????

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/rss_

birth-certificate.pdf

Jeff, I believe I said I am new and didn't know how much it had been discussed.

However, new as I am I will give you the advice - If you are not into the topic DON'T READ IT !!!

If you are just clueless maybe that's what you should say.

• Like 1

If a white democrat won, this wouldn't be an issue, no one would even think to ask for a birth certificate. Its either electoral sour grapes under the guise of racism, or the other way round. I'm not sure which.

Edited by Emma_Acid
  • Like 4

I'm not completely sure about this, but I think the US Congress, the US Department of Justice, and the US Secret Service fully examines potential Presidential candidates with respect to citizenship.

• Like 6

If a white democrat won, this wouldn't be an issue, no one would even think to ask for a birth certificate. Its either electoral sour grapes under the guise of racism, or the other way round. I'm not sure which.

Possibly, Emma A, but it's also unreasonable to simply call racism on any issue without examining it for merit. I personally don't even care if he's a citizen. We have come way too far in this to worry about that now. America is so divided that we are practically ripe for conquest and THIS guy has instigated a lot of it. Not all...but most. If absolute, irrefutable proof were available that even staunch Democrats could not disavow, it would still take blood in the streets to get him out of 1600 Pennsylvania. We asked for him, we got him and now we are going to have to deal with what we voted for. Fair is fair.

Possibly, Emma A, but it's also unreasonable to simply call racism on any issue without examining it for merit. I personally don't even care if he's a citizen. We have come way too far in this to worry about that now. America is so divided that we are practically ripe for conquest and THIS guy has instigated a lot of it. Not all...but most. If absolute, irrefutable proof were available that even staunch Democrats could not disavow, it would still take blood in the streets to get him out of 1600 Pennsylvania. We asked for him, we got him and now we are going to have to deal with what we voted for. Fair is fair.

I'm not in to conspiracy theories.

It's simple: people in the more conservative areas of America cannot abide a democrat president, let alone a black one, so asking for the birth certificate is a cheap shot, and one that would not happen if he were white. This is indisputable.

• Like 3

the best position the opponents of Obama can come up with is "it's a real birth certificate, but it's not for the man living in the White House".

The worst position they can come up with is "it's not only a false document, it's so false a child can see it therefore the Electoral College is corrupt".

Exactly. Let's just say for the sake of argument that the BC is a forgery. Obama is is about to start his second term do you really want to do the damage to the nation that would occur if he were recalled and ruled to be constitutionally ineligible at this point. Keep in mind this would negate every bill signed into law and every treaty and agreement signed by the president for the last 4 years. It would also make ilegitamate all the work done by every appointee for the last 4 years. So just ignore it and hope they check candidates eligibility better in the future.

• Like 1

It's simple: people in the more conservative areas of America cannot abide a democrat president, let alone a black one, so asking for the birth certificate is a cheap shot, and one that would not happen if he were white. This is indisputable.

That's not true emma. As a matter of fact John McCain, being born on military base in American territory rather than in a state and i believe possibly FDR also, were asked to show proof of naturalization.

However, new as I am I will give you the advice - If you are not into the topic DON'T READ IT !!!

Perhaps YOU should try using the search function in the forum before opening a topic that people find is the equivalent of beating a dead horse.

• Like 3

I suppose you didn't hear about the question whether John McCain was eligable to run for president because he was born in the Panama Canal Zone.

Frankly, I am getting sick of people calling anyone a bigot or a racist for not kissing the ground that Obama walks on! A lot of people hated Republicans and a lot of people hated Democrats long before Obama was ever even born.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

Emma, I sent you a personal note explaining that I did not bring up this issue. However upon reading your last text saying that no one should have ever asked for his birth certificate.

It is a constitutional REQUIREMENT that a president has to be born in the US.

That's not true emma. As a matter of fact John McCain, being born on military base in American territory rather than in a state and i believe possibly FDR also, were asked to show proof of naturalization.

I stand corrected.

That is right. Everyone in the fifties in Hawaii believed that someday a black man could become US president so Obama's family put fake birth announcements in all the Hawaii papers at the time that he was born there in Hawaii, and paid off the hospitals and news medias then to get away with it. That is why the proof on micro-film both from hospital and newspaper archives are worthless.

• Like 3

I find it absolutely ridiculous how this thing goes on and on especially when Trump came out during the last debate clinging to straws.

Right after Obama was elected I found out how he must feel. I was getting a federal license and after background checks etc, I was told they couldn't find that I was ever bornin America and asked are you an alien? I think what a messed up government record system and say okay here's my IDs and birth certificate and was told we don't take the one's with foot prints attached! In those days that's how the original was given to the parents from the hospital and marked as recorded in the county with a filing number. I had to go the county court and track down the "official county recorded" version and go back.

It's the same thing with High School and College Diplomas in a way now too. You originally got a diiploma and a transcript only if you were going to transfer credits. Now I see if people are applying for a job you need a full transcript not a diploma and when you get older you discover some of your old schools are renamed or gone!

Keep your vital records safe because some day it could happen to you too LOL

Edited by White Unicorn

This issue needs to die.

Perhaps YOU should try using the search function in the forum before opening a topic that people find is the equivalent of beating a dead horse.

Duncansmom, tone it down and don't be so quick to go on the defensive. A lot of people are sick to death of this issue which has been driving conspiracy theorist in to a frenzy since 2008 and a quick search of the forum would have shown you that.

However, that being said. There is nothing wrong with creating a new thread especially since there are no active threads on this topic.

A quick reminder to all, the expectation is that all members post in a civil and courteous manner.

On video, why did Obama and then his wife referr to Kenya as quote "The land of my birth"?

On video, why did Obama and then his wife referr to Kenya as quote "The land of my birth"?

Maybe the same reason I hear ethnically proud "Italians" say I'm Italian and Irish say "Me great homeland" even though they are born in America?

riker.gif

Beautifully said.

That's not a long form birth certificate. There is a stamp on the back of that document that says it was printed in 1997. The long form birth certificate was never released.