Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Labour plans'Get out of jail' tag for inmates

Still Waters

Labour is inviting criminals to apply to be freed from jail wearing a tag - to make up for the 'disappointment' of missing out on a controversial early release scheme.

Justice Secretary Jack Straw last week announced he was abandoning the End of Custody Licence scheme - which allowed convicts to walk out of prison 18 days before their normal release date.

The announcement was designed to reassert the Government's claim to be 'tough' on criminals.

But a note to tens of thousands of prisoners has emerged which reveals that - at the same time they were being informed about the demise of ECL - they were told they could still be freed early.

Under the Home Detention Curfew scheme, they can walk free up to four-and-a-half months early, provided they agree to a curfew and a tag.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• danielost

• Admiral Danger

• Still Waters

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

let me see if i got this right. letting them out 18 days early wasnt tough enough. but, letting them out 4 months early is. something is wrong here i just dont know what. can someone please explain this to me.

i think from now on i shall take the get out of jail card from the monopoly board with me at all times incase i get arrested. that way i can be released :yes:

"tough on criminals"... yeah right :huh:

i think jack straw is somehow related to jack the ripper :ph34r: