Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forced deradicalisation for British jihadists

Still Waters

British jihadists returning from Iraq and Syria will be forced to attend "deradicalisation" programmes to reverse their warped brainwashing, David Cameron announced.

Dangerous fanatics made subject to court controls will be ordered to engage in anti-extremism schemes as part of a raft of new measures to combat the risk of British Islamists returning to the UK.

http://www.telegraph...ys-Cameron.html

• Like 1

Wouldn't just shipping out the Radical Imams who preach their hate and warped perceptions be so much easier? Strip them of their Citizenship (if they have such), put them on an immigrant boat off to whichever ME country they prefer. Strike at the disease, not the symptoms....

• Like 5

Just hand them over to the Syrian or Iraqi armies. Afterall, they're the ones they went over there to kill.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 4

I think they are kidding themselves if they think they can deradicalize these people.

• Like 6

I know how I'd deradicalize them.

All it would take is a bit of brass behind the ear.

How the hell would Cameron ever hope to turn the mind of a radical who believes they are doing the work of their god? Cowardly. If I were in charge, I'd not let them back in and if they did come back, it'd be a shoot on sight order. No pussyfooting. Cameron is too soft.

This is what happens when politicians get hungry for votes, they scrape at the bottom of the barrel until they've got splinters in their finger tips.

Edited by Sean93
  • Like 1

How the hell would Cameron ever hope to turn the mind of a radical who believes they are doing the work of their god? Cowardly. If I were in charge, I'd not let them back in and if they did come back, it'd be a shoot on sight order. No pussyfooting. Cameron is too soft.

This is what happens when politicians get hungry for votes, they scrape at the bottom of the barrel until they've got splinters in their finger tips.

Someday, MAYBE, bur I think it will take aother mass casualty event on home soil before we begin to be serious.
  • Like 2

de-radicalization. ok. This is just beyond stupid. Revoke citizenship and banish them for life if your that worried about it.

Oh no Mr.OverSword, we have to coddle them and tell them it will be alright and that we can fix whatever made them go over there and commit atrocities in the name of their devil god and that we can forgive them and they will forgive us and love will rule our hearts all we need is the right touchy feely words.

• Like 2

Someday, MAYBE, bur I think it will take aother mass casualty event on home soil before we begin to be serious.

I don't know.

A British soldier gets beheaded in the street.

1400 British girls get raped and groomed by Pakistani gangs

7/7 bombings

Attempted radical Islamic indoctrination in schools

Attempts at Sharia gangs etc.

What are people waiting for? The UK as a whole needs to wake up or it is hammered.

• Like 1

de-radicalization. ok. This is just beyond stupid. Revoke citizenship and banish them for life if your that worried about it.

Oh no Mr.OverSword, we have to coddle them and tell them it will be alright and that we can fix whatever made them go over there and commit atrocities in the name of their devil god and that we can forgive them and they will forgive us and love will rule our hearts all we need is the right touchy feely words.

If they're born there (in this case the UK) you can't just revoke their citizenship. It's against international law to foist your problem onto another nation.

• Like 1

I fear that this will happen again and again.

• Like 2

If they're born there (in this case the UK) you can't just revoke their citizenship. It's against international law to foist your problem onto another nation.

They've got no problem bringing their jihad to other countries. The countries they mess around in should be more than happy to take care of them.

I fear that this will happen again and again.

Do you live in fear of being struck by a lightening bolt? Because the chances of being struck by one is greater than being killed in a terrorist attack.

• Like 1

They've got no problem bringing their jihad to other countries. The countries they mess around in should be more than happy to take care of them.

T'would be nice if that were true. But, what's left of those countries are in a state of meltdown. Again, that would be a case of foisting one country's problems onto those of another's. In these cases, failed states.

Edit: Oh, okay. Only in the case of 'if' the bad guys win maybe. If the good guys win, then what do you propose?

Edited by Likely Guy

Do you live in fear of being struck by a lightening bolt? Because the chances of being struck by one is greater than being killed in a terrorist attack.

To be fair, if I could control the amount of lightening bolts entering my country and attempt to deradicalize them in their stated goal of striking me....well, I would probably invest the tax money that is borrow on interest to accomplish those goals.....

• Like 2

I'm not feeling positive about this program to RE-EDUCATE people.

Is there something wrong with the way I'm thinking?

• Like 2

I'm not feeling positive about this program to RE-EDUCATE people.

Is there something wrong with the way I'm thinking?

Well, just report to Happy Fun Time Consolidation Camp Number Summer-Bliss-Joyous-Delight-Eight at Waffles o'clock to discuss your feelings with Mr. Buzzsaw and Ms. Bullettooth.

• Like 1

British jihadists returning from Iraq and Syria will be forced to attend "deradicalisation" programmes to reverse their warped brainwashing, David Cameron announced.

Dangerous fanatics made subject to court controls will be ordered to engage in anti-extremism schemes as part of a raft of new measures to combat the risk of British Islamists returning to the UK.

http://www.telegraph...ys-Cameron.html

1. It's not going to happen;
  2. If it does happen-whose going to police it to ensure attendance?
  3. How do you deradicalise someone.

This whole scheme smacks of political correctness.

A government will not change the ideas of someone who, from birth, has been indoctrinated to observe the faith, which also includes violence against non-believers.

The best way to deal with these people is to cancel their British Passport, if they have one, cancel their citizenship, withdraw citizenship of people actually born in the UK.

They should never be allowed to enter Britain again, under any circumstances, they have given up that right.

• Like 1

Yeah, I reckon a Full Metal Jacket would do the job-BUT?

As I said, just hand them over to the people they have been fighting...problem solved. I'm sure the Syrians & Iraqis have procedures in place for dealing with enemy combatants.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

So because we haven't suffered mass casualties for a decade one can assume that they have given up? And is the argument that the efforts of our rights stealing government just had the additional benefit that we haven't been attacked again? Or is it just foolish in your view to attempt to pre empt what could be an existential attack at some point? What do you think would be the outcome of a nuke (of any size) on NYC or any other major US or European city? The economies of the world are fragile enough now that such an attack would certainly cause a major depression. I understand that the threats are not as pervasive as the government tries to say but I think it's foolishness to act as though no serious threat exists AT ALL. I have no doubt that it will happen again, that it WILL be more destructive and that US will be facing a real crisis of leadership - regardless who the president is. And it is because thoughtful, educated people now doubt the governments of every country. Where there is no faith in such institutions there will follow chaos eventually.
  • Like 1

As I said, just hand them over to the people they have been fighting...problem solved. I'm sure the Syrians & Iraqis have procedures in place for dealing with enemy combatants.

This is a good idea. never thought of it myself. seeing how they are fighting against the Iraqi state, surely they can be tried for such crimes and be dealt with by the Iraqi system. not perfect but its better than my idea of deradicalisating them with a bullet between the eyes. quick effective and get the job done. my idea wouldn't get off the launch pad for obvious reasons, but your idea at least has a remote possibility and would be more acceptable.

• Like 2