Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are these bones?

ArizonaZ

Question for paleontologists, orthopedists, or other similar professionals with real expertise in this area. Are these bones? Serious analysis only, no smart aleck comments please. Thank you.

Winged_moon_skeleton.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArizonaZ

• ShadowSot

• Abramelin

• glyndowers heir

What are "these"?

Are you referring to the photo itself?

Is it in the photo?

Where is the photo, where was it taken?

It looks like a composite picture of the moon. It even has a lat/lon grid on it.

That's what I figured it was, want confirmation from the OP.

What are "these"?

Are you referring to the photo itself?

Is it in the photo?

Where is the photo, where was it taken?

What are your paleontology or orthopedics credentials please? No offense, it's just I am only looking for expert opinions like I said in the original post - that's why I'm asking. Maybe this forum isn't the right place to find that. Yes, my question pertains to what is pictured in the photo. Location is not the question, just looking for paleontologist opinion about whether these are fossilized bones or not. Thanks.

I don't see any bones anywhere in that photo.

What are your paleontology or orthopedics credentials please? No offense, it's just I am only looking for expert opinions like I said in the original post - that's why I'm asking. Thanks.

Looks like the moon to me too.

What are your paleontology or orthopedics credentials please? No offense, it's just I am only looking for expert opinions like I said in the original post - that's why I'm asking. Location is not the question, just looking for paleontologist opinion about whether these are fossilized bones or not. Thanks.

It looks like the moon to me also though that giant X looks sinister.

What are your paleontology or orthopedics credentials please? No offense, it's just I am only looking for expert opinions. Maybe this forum isn't the right place to find that. Location is not the question, just looking for expert opinion about whether these are fossilized bones or not. Thanks.

Oh no its yet another attempt to give credence to the '90 mile long moon skeleton hoax' :no:

even if people posted their specialty credentials you still won't believe them if they say these aren't bones!

(and you dont need a degree to understand why they can't be)

Edited by glyndowers heir

Oh no its yet another attempt to give credence to the '90 mile long moon skeleton hoax' :no:

even if people posted their specialty credentials you still won't believe them if they say these aren't bones!

(and you dont need a degree to understand why they can't be)

My goodness, why are you so defensive? As I said, I am only looking for oninions from those with a serious paleontology background, which you do not have. Thanks.

My goodness, why are you so defensive? As I said, I am only looking for oninions from those with a serious paleontology background, which you do not have. Thanks.

Not defensive just recognising what you are doing, :lol:

these 'bones ' have been already been done to death on this site (no pun intended)

And How much research have you done into my background/interests to qualify your final statement? :unsure2:

Here is a excellent forum for fossils:

http://www.thefossilforum.com/

I myself am an amateur fossil hunter, I've worked with a good number of paleontologists over the years.

I also have a modest collection of bones in general, as well as working with a number bones over the years.

So no, I have no degree.

I do, however, have a decent idea of what fossils look like, and you can look over on the forum and see what they'll tell you.

I see a moon scape, I don't see any bones.

Question for paleontologists, orthopedists, or other similar professionals with real expertise in this area. Are these bones? Serious analysis only, no smart aleck comments please. Thank you.

Winged_moon_skeleton.jpg

Do you have a source for this photo?

EDIT..

Ah, the link to the photo says Winged Moon Skeleton..

http://upload.wikime...on_skeleton.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Winged_moon_skeleton.jpg

Winged moon skeleton feature on the south pole of the moon as seen by Clementine. Source image is a mosaic of ~1500 Clementine images of the south polar region of the moon.

Edited by Abramelin

What are your paleontology or orthopedics credentials please? No offense, it's just I am only looking for expert opinions like I said in the original post - that's why I'm asking. Thanks.

Since when has UM had a closed forum?

* sorry I see now that you're new here

Edited by ~ MacDDT ~

What are your paleontology or orthopedics credentials please? No offense, it's just I am only looking for expert opinions like I said in the original post - that's why I'm asking. Maybe this forum isn't the right place to find that. Yes, my question pertains to what is pictured in the photo. Location is not the question, just looking for paleontologist opinion about whether these are fossilized bones or not. Thanks.

One does not need to have a degree in paleontology to tell this is hog wash. However I have seen Jurassic park 7 times and I did watch Apollo 13 twice.

Since when has UM had a closed forum?

And why are there two threads about it? Is it just that when one doesn´t like the answers in one thread, they just start a new thread with restrictions?

http://www.unexplain...ic=84147&st=210

EDIT

And the most important thing, however hard I stare, I fail to see a skeleton...

Edited by Abramelin

Where are the bones even supposed to be in this picture?

I don't know any paleontologists, but my father was an aerospace engineer who used to work with Nasa and when I showed him the pic, he said, "It's the moon." :)

One does not need to have a degree in paleontology to tell this is hog wash. However I have seen Jurassic park 7 times and I did watch Apollo 13 twice.

And I did stay at a holiday in express last night.

Where are the bones even supposed to be in this picture?

I don't know any paleontologists, but my father was an aerospace engineer who used to work with Nasa and when I showed him the pic, he said, "It's the moon." original.gif

That's what it said in my link, in my one of my former posts in this thread:

Winged moon skeleton feature on the south pole of the moon as seen by Clementine. Source image is a mosaic of ~1500 Clementine images of the south polar region of the moon.

And I still don't see any 'skeleton'.

• 1 month later...