Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Edgar Mitchell UFO interview on Kerrang Radio

Pestarzt

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• quillius

• booNyzarC

• skyeagle409

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably he is just taking part in a wider information and easing program connected to his Government.

I see no Government or NASA officials standing up and saying Mitchell is talking out of his ass by the way.

Probably he is just taking part in a wider information and easing program connected to his Government.

I see no Government or NASA officials standing up and saying Mitchell is talking out of his ass by the way.

Why would the government or NASA officials make any mention about this at all? Mitchell has made it perfectly clear that everything he has to offer on this subject comes from second and third hand accounts. None of it is verifiable and he doesn't have direct knowledge of any of it. He hasn't seen alien artifacts, alien beings, alien spacecraft, etc... He has been told about such things by others who claim to be in the know.

In other words, he is expressing his belief in this matter and nothing more.

Why? :lol: because of what he has implied they know and knew. I understand you HAD to ask, but really Boony.

I would say plenty of it is verifiable, if you have been to personally see the man and those he refers to i suggest you will come away with your tail between your legs.

We've had this discussion many times before. Without getting into discussions of dictionary definitions and semantics--which irritate me no end because they remind me of middle school English teachers--I would say that Mitchell's opinions are based on fact rather than pie in the sky speculation. He has his anonymous sources in the military and intelligence agencies, the people he knows around Roswell, and has also been briefed on aliens and UFOs.

He never names these people, but he's only saying things that that many other witnesses and documents confirm.

Edited by TheMcGuffin

And even if Mitchell had seen aliens in person (so to speak) the "skeptics" would say that he was lying, senile or had really seen swamp gas reflected off the planet Venus. This is what they always do in every case, so it's a no-win situation.

aff9554f-9192-4772-8d23-96ec96a26975.jpg

usaf-aircraft-identification-chart.jpg

Edited by TheMcGuffin

Why? :lol: because of what he has implied they know and knew. I understand you HAD to ask, but really Boony.

A lot of people have claimed that the government and NASA are hiding proof of ET visitation. That doesn't mean that they are. And I don't see the government and NASA making statements about the claims that come from other sources either. Why should they treat this one any different?

I would say plenty of it is verifiable, if you have been to personally see the man and those he refers to i suggest you will come away with your tail between your legs.

Alright, I'll bite. Show me some that is verifiable. Send me running with my tail between my legs. I'd love nothing more than to see some verifiable proof of ET visitation.

HAHA!!

Quite right McGuffin... it was an aeroplanes lights as well LOL

Skeptics god bless them....they really don't know when to stop!

A lot of people have claimed that the government and NASA are hiding proof of ET visitation. That doesn't mean that they are. And I don't see the government and NASA making statements about the claims that come from other sources either. Why should they treat this one any different?

Erm... he's an Astronaut who was the 6th man on the moon..

Alright, I'll bite. Show me some that is verifiable. Send me running with my tail between my legs. I'd love nothing more than to see some verifiable proof of ET visitation.

Boon. I KNOW and have personally seen a craft but i cannot show you proof! This does not mean it did not happen.

And even if Mitchell had seen aliens in person (so to speak) the "skeptics" would say that he was lying, senile or had really seen swamp gas reflected off the planet Venus. This is what they always do in every case, so it's a no-win situation.

The no-win situation is that people attempt to make a case without verifiable evidence to adequately back up the claim. Your frustration with the "skeptics" is misdirected. The "skeptics" are merely demanding what you are unable to provide, which would be adequate proof of the claim. You should focus your frustration on those elusive aliens who seem to hide their tracks so effectively all the time.

aff9554f-9192-4772-8d23-96ec96a26975.jpg

usaf-aircraft-identification-chart.jpg

No, that isn't swamp gas. That is a piece of artwork. And no, it isn't proof of alien visitation either.

But it is a bit funny, I'll give you that. :P

Fortunately, we have these blue-ribbon committees to tell us that all UFOs are imaginary. Nothing to worry about, folks, everything is under control:

bantam.gif

warren.jpg

Erm... he's an Astronaut who was the 6th man on the moon..

So what? How many other former astronauts, military men, and government officials have stepped forward with similar expressions? Quite a few I'd say; which is probably why so many people find the assumption of ET visitation so credible.

But has the government or NASA come forward in response to them? No, why would they?

Boon. I KNOW and have personally seen a craft but i cannot show you proof! This does not mean it did not happen.

So does this mean that what you previously said about plenty of it being verifiable was incorrect?

I understand that you believe very strongly and are convinced that there is no other possible explanation for what you saw. In that sense I accept your proclamation that you "KNOW." It is the same type of faith that I have for my belief in God, and my faith in that is unshakable despite the fact that I wouldn't be able to prove the existence of God to another person if my life depended on it.

That being said, I find the two incomparable in many ways. If ET visitation is real, I honestly do believe that we should be able to prove it as a physical reality. That we haven't been able to yet is a big red flag in my mind.

Yeah, like the explanation some people suggest about them being alien piloted vehicles. :rolleyes:

You think there are not beings not from Earth visiting here? Seriously?

Boony. I commend you on sticking to the evidential aspect and only believing what you can taste, see and feel. But there comes a time when you have to let logic and common sense take a ride and see how it goes.

Everyone knows there is no evidence been issued yet by authorities. Everyone knows it is the easiest thing in the world to say "prove or it didn't happen".

You can only take this idea so far when faced with such an abundance of credible reports and other literature. You then have to step back and face a reality which you might not deep down be prepared for or even like but which is a fact all the same.

How much longer will the world laugh at itself??

It is now (in my eyes and hopefully many others), beyond the nit picking pedantry that most discussions disintegrate into and is in fact a time to actually wake up and realise what the hell is actually going on with regard to other life forms not from this planet actively maneuvering around in our environment at will.

I am so going to enjoy the "i told you so" aspect of disclosure when it happens probably just as much as the event itself because a lot of people are going to be put in their places.

Maybe this is just a slightly sadistic and unbecoming trait of mine.. but boy... i cannot wait!

*rubs hands

In that sense I accept your proclamation that you "KNOW." It is the same type of faith that I have for my belief in God, and my faith in that is unshakable despite the fact that I wouldn't be able to prove the existence of God to another person if my life depended on it.

No it is not the same type of faith at all Boony.

Have you seen your God? ..... I have seen my "god" there is a big difference. ... it was oval, orange, about 8 feet long and had a black diagonal stripe on it.

So yes...a difference so big that it erases any validity in your statement.

There may be aliens visiting Earth, I don't know one way or the other. But I certainly won't make that assumption without irrefutable proof. Seriously.

Boony. I commend you on sticking to the evidential aspect and only believing what you can taste, see and feel. But there comes a time when you have to let logic and common sense take a ride and see how it goes.

Logic and common sense are what I'm using. ETH believers seem to want me to use imagination.

Everyone knows there is no evidence been issued yet by authorities. Everyone knows it is the easiest thing in the world to say "prove or it didn't happen".

And yet there are so many people who are faithful to the ETH despite this lack of evidence. I'm of the opinion that this speaks more of the human condition than of anything alien.

You can only take this idea so far when faced with such an abundance of credible reports and other literature. You then have to step back and face a reality which you might not deep down be prepared for or even like but which is a fact all the same.

I'm prepared for ET visitation, but to call it current fact is incorrect. Yes, there are many credible reports from credible people. But that doesn't mean the only answer is ET.

It is now (in my eyes and hopefully many others), beyond the nit picking pedantry that most discussions disintegrate into and is in fact a time to actually wake up and realise what the hell is actually going on with regard to other life forms not from this planet actively maneuvering around in our environment at will.

What is actually going on? What life forms, not from this planet, are maneuvering around in our environment at will and how can you prove such a thing? We don't have sufficient evidence to make this leap. You are free to believe as you wish, but just because you believe it does not necessarily mean it is true.

I am so going to enjoy the "i told you so" aspect of disclosure when it happens probably just as much as the event itself because a lot of people are going to be put in their places.

Maybe this is just a slightly sadistic and unbecoming trait of mine.. but boy... i cannot wait!

*rubs hands

I'd love nothing more regarding this subject than for actual verifiable evidence to come to light which is worthy of your faith.

No it is not the same type of faith at all Boony.

Have you seen your God? ..... I have seen my "god" there is a big difference. ... it was oval, orange, about 8 feet long and had a black diagonal stripe on it.

So yes...a difference so big that it erases any validity in your statement.

It is exactly the same type of faith Pestarzt. You haven't seen an alien. You believe that you have seen an 8 foot long orange/yellow object with a stripe on it which acted in a way that you can't conceive as terrestrial in origin. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Exactly the same type of faith.

Boony i realise this is an open forum and this thread doesn't "belong" to me but could you please keep your multiquote trolling for another thread besides this one? Nit picking and pecking serves no other purpose other than to clutter up a thread with attempted one up man ship which in your case always fails against me. You got destroyed in this thread i admit it. Maybe destroyed is too harsh a word :w00t: but it will suffice so i expect some sort of comeback but to just flatly deny my answers and then repeat your accusation that my "faith" is the same as your invisible man "faith" just truly beggars belief! It is trolling to the upper most degree.

It is very tiresome to repeat things over and over. So in response to your post there i refer you to my posts i made prior.

Boony i realise this is an open forum and this thread doesn't "belong" to me but could you please keep your multiquote trolling for another thread besides this one? Nit picking and pecking serves no other purpose other than to clutter up a thread with attempted one up man ship which in your case always fails against me. You got destroyed in this thread i admit it. Maybe destroyed is too harsh a word :w00t: but it will suffice so i expect some sort of comeback but to just flatly deny my answers and then repeat your accusation that my "faith" is the same as your invisible man "faith" just truly beggars belief! It is trolling to the upper most degree.

It is very tiresome to repeat things over and over. So in response to your post there i refer you to my posts i made prior.

Hi Pestarzt,

By all means of respect, but I do not understand the animosity against Boony with respect to his posts, which I typically find very educated and objective. You post on an open forum and thus invite all members to reply within the rules of the forum. And I cannot see that Boony points out anything but the obvious. You could put him on ignore, but I would find that a loss :)

Cheers,

Badeskov

I'm not trolling you Pestarzt. If you think I am, please report my post to the Mod team.

I'm merely resonding to the things that you've said. Is that alright with you?

As far as my being "destroyed" on this thread goes, can you please point me to the section where I was? I've re-read it now and I'm still not seeing what you seem to perceive.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RhNdxdveK7c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The interview with Ed Mitchell is very interesting. I have said occasionally that the government has been covering up ET visitation and that we are now on the road to full disclosure. Despite the government cover-up, hundreds of government officials around the world have come forward and indicated that ET visitation is a reality, and some are astronauts, military, and intelligence officials.

In addition, governments around the world have begun to open their UFO files and I expect more to come. I might add that a member of my chapter was on the flight crew that flew the Apollo 14 astronauts back to Texas after they returned from the moon. In fact, I flew with him just the other day in his personal airplane.

My link

post-32948-0-88138100-1315168815_thumb.j

Edited by skyeagle409

*rubs hands

this is my opinion. i don't think i can declare myself a believer, nor can i declare myself a non-believer. i just... don't... know. i want to believe, but the truth is i just don't know.

the earth is what, 4.5 billion years old? the majority of ufo data we have comes from the last 100 years. that is less than 0.00000002% of the time this planet has been around. how do i know if aliens haven't visited during that 4.5 billion years? i don't.

i think its kind of silly that people who have been around 80 years at the most are total expert on whats been around for 4.5 billion years. how do these people know what the hell has visited here??? they don't. yet they are bold enough to say they don't believe?

your entire life is not even a blip, not even close, compare to the life of this planet. i understand this, and i guess you can say i am "on the fence" or indifferent to the whole extraterrestrial thing. i am neither a believer, nor am i a non believer.

this is my opinion. i don't think i can declare myself a believer, nor can i declare myself a non-believer. i just... don't... know. i want to believe, but the truth is i just don't know.

the earth is what, 4.5 billion years old? the majority of ufo data we have comes from the last 100 years. that is less than 0.00000002% of the time this planet has been around. how do i know if aliens haven't visited during that 4.5 billion years? i don't.

i think its kind of silly that people who have been around 80 years at the most are total expert on whats been around for 4.5 billion years. how do these people know what the hell has visited here??? they don't. yet they are bold enough to say they don't believe?

your entire life is not even a blip, not even close, compare to the life of this planet. i understand this, and i guess you can say i am "on the fence" or indifferent to the whole extraterrestrial thing. i am neither a believer, nor am i a non believer.

Well said cassandra. I think you've hit the nail on the head regarding where we should probably all be sitting when it comes to this subject. The word I use, though not often, is agnostic. That is how I am regarding alien visitation; agnostic. When it comes to ET life itself, somewhere out there, I'm completely a believer in that. I just don't see any reason to believe that alien life has actually visited us here on Earth. I'm open to the possibility, but won't jump off the fence unless I have adequate reason.

We've had this discussion many times before. Without getting into discussions of dictionary definitions and semantics--which irritate me no end because they remind me of middle school English teachers--I would say that Mitchell's opinions are based on fact rather than pie in the sky speculation. He has his anonymous sources in the military and intelligence agencies, the people he knows around Roswell, and has also been briefed on aliens and UFOs.

He never names these people, but he's only saying things that that many other witnesses and documents confirm.

Witnesses, data, and documents, have confirmed that we are being visited. Even the Air Force has secretly acknownedged that the objects are not ours,and that was pretty much the case when the Air Force ordered its pilots to shoot down flying saucers. Not weather balloons, but "flying saucers."

Air Force Orders Pilots to Shoot Down Flying Saucers

On July 29, 1952, International News Service (INS) announced that the Air Force had ordered its jets to shoot down any flying saucers. The order was confirmed by an AF spokesperson.

My link

Astronaut Mitchell, is in a prime position to know things about the UFO enigma that the average person on the street does not. I myself, have made it known that I am a believer based among other things, my own sighting over Vietnam in 1968. That night, many folks at the base became believers, including me.

Edited by skyeagle409